Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This would be a good development. The first fruit of the Lampard/Morris era?

There are other players going out of contract in a few days who the duo need to be working on. George McEachran for example. I've said before that I think he's better than his big brother.

He's apparently another that is in talks with the club, and hopefully more will follow.

The other one which needs to be sorted out as soon as possible is of course CHO. It would be a big boost I think to see him commit long term and also look good at the club's end backing him to come back from his injury and establish himself. It would put all this speculation with Bayern to bed.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Antonio Conte wants reunion with Chelsea star at Inter but Blues not interested in exit

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/07/23/antonio-conte-wants-reunion-with-chelsea-star-at-inter-but-blues-not-interested-in-sale/

giphy.gif

If we could register players Id like to see us take a punt on Dalbert in a player swap. Think hes got potential to get better.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Antonio Conte wants reunion with Chelsea star at Inter but Blues not interested in exit

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/07/23/antonio-conte-wants-reunion-with-chelsea-star-at-inter-but-blues-not-interested-in-sale/

giphy.gif

Super dodgy source. Would not read that much into it. We still have kenedy for lb cover so we should easily be able to let Alonso go tho

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Super dodgy source. Would not read that much into it. We still have kenedy for lb cover so we should easily be able to let Alonso go tho

Not sure if kidding or not. Alonso is miles better than Kenedy at LB, Kenedy is not even a LB to start with.

16 minutes ago, manpe said:

Not sure if kidding or not. Alonso is miles better than Kenedy at LB, Kenedy is not even a LB to start with.

I would say attacking wise from LB is the only aspect of his game that doesn't have me tearing my hair out but he's too bad going the other way to even contemplate making that a serious move.

• 1 month later...

It has been a while since we watched Alonso as lwb but he is actually a very2 good wb. He is not fast, defensively he is suspect and his crossing is not brilliant but he attack the box very well. It is almost like having another striker in our team. 

7 hours ago, communicate said:

It has been a while since we watched Alonso as lwb but he is actually a very2 good wb. He is not fast, defensively he is suspect and his crossing is not brilliant but he attack the box very well. It is almost like having another striker in our team. 

And his passing in the middle is actually good, joining the midfield and cutting inside work well when he’s wb. Not to mention free kicks.

Imo it is very important for the wb to help the middle, which I think azpi does not do enough of and why he should play cb in that formation.

But yeah Emerson is better at LB.

Roman Abramovich put foot down in summer – Marca say Chelsea owner refused to negotiate sale

http://sportwitness.co.uk/roman-abramovich-put-foot-summer-marca-say-chelsea-owner-refused-negotiate-sale/

I actually am not freaked out by this, as we have no real other LB options due to the bans and the WTF-sale of Familia Castillo back to Ajax (why the hell we did that I have no clue), and IF we play a back 3, Alonso is quite decent as a wingback, and I am worried a bit about Ian Maatsen's height (I was happy to see the dwarf Dasilva sold, he was freakishly short)  but Maatsen is only 1.68m,  which is supposed even shorter than Dasilva, who was listed at 1.70m (which was a lie, it HAS to be)

look at Dasilva

my sweet fa he is 1.7m

Image result for jay dasilvaImage result for jay dasilvaImage result for jay dasilva

Maatsen  is 13 cms shorter than me!! As he only turned 17yo  5, 6 months ago, hopefully he hits a final growth spurt

I still say he is taller than Dasilva

todoImage result for Ian MaatsenImage result for Ian MaatsenImage result for Ian Maatsen190323CVF5641.jpg

that said

Maatsen is still too small

look at him 8 days ago next to Zouma

EEEEEEK

holy shit!!:(

Chelsea FC Training Session and Press Conference : News Photo

Just now, Vesper said:

Roman Abramovich put foot down in summer – Marca say Chelsea owner refused to negotiate sale

http://sportwitness.co.uk/roman-abramovich-put-foot-summer-marca-say-chelsea-owner-refused-negotiate-sale/

I actually am not freaked out by this, as we have no real other LB options due to the bans and the WTF-sale of Familia Castillo back to ajax (why the hell we did that I have no clue), and IF we play a back 3, Alonso is quite decent as a wingback, and I am worried a bit about Ian Maatsen's height (I was happy to see the dwarf Dasilva sold, he was freakishly short)  but Maatsen is only 1.68m,  which is supposed even shorter than Dasilva, who was listed at 1.70m (which was a lie, it HAS to be)

look at Dasilva

my sweet fa he is 1.7m

Image result for jay dasilvaImage result for jay dasilvaImage result for jay dasilva

Maatsen  is 13 cms shorter than me!! As he only turned 17yo  5, 6 months ago, hopefully he hits a final growth spurt

I still say he is taller than Dasilva

todoImage result for Ian MaatsenImage result for Ian MaatsenImage result for Ian Maatsen190323CVF5641.jpg

that said

Maatsen is still too small

look at him 8 days ago next to Zouma

EEEEEEK

holy shit!!:(

Chelsea FC Training Session and Press Conference : News Photo

He will be alright if he has good football IQ an gains some leg muscles like Kante. Modric was his size too and he had a great tackle rate. We have James who is around 180 cm and two CBs that have good height. Overall we have a lot of players with great height and they will be good enough for set pieces.

I am really not a fan of Alonso and he did not look that good when we conceded the second goal, but overall that was a good performance. I was happy that he played and he is a decent option to have when Emersn is injured. Not perfect, but decent.

58 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I am really not a fan of Alonso and he did not look that good when we conceded the second goal, but overall that was a good performance. I was happy that he played and he is a decent option to have when Emersn is injured. Not perfect, but decent.

He always seems to respond well whenever Emerson has a run (case I'm point this fixture the year before last which was in my opinion his best performance for us).

On 22/09/2019 at 8:34 PM, killer1257 said:

I'm glad you have said this. I was concerned I'd come into this thread and see that nobody would recognise his good performance. Most people will focus on his braindead decision to shoot right-footed from 25 yards rather than focus on his relatively solid defensive performance. Yes, people will look at him and say he gets out of position, but you can't expect him to be the only bit of genuine width in our team and always be goalside in defensive scenarios. He couldn't even do that when we played 3-4-3 under Conte; we'd always shuffle at the back and Matic would slot in as an auxiliary centre-back to cover Alonso's side. People are a bit unrealistic when it comes to what they think a full-back can achieve, being truthful. We were spoilt with Ashley Cole and Ivanovic. 

He created two decent chances at the end, as did Azpilicueta over the course of a match. It wasn’t really a good performance, barely average really. Lost his man for second goal + lost an easy bouncing ball in run up to free kick for second goal, did little defensively with Tomori covering him, needless yellow. Not really much to gas about..for the amount of times he and Azpi had the ball in space they should be doing much better.

11 hours ago, ja1 said:

He created two decent chances at the end, as did Azpilicueta over the course of a match. It wasn’t really a good performance, barely average really. Lost his man for second goal + lost an easy bouncing ball in run up to free kick for second goal, did little defensively with Tomori covering him, needless yellow. Not really much to gas about..for the amount of times he and Azpi had the ball in space they should be doing much better.

Yeah I wouldn’t describe it as a great performance, but frank, kante, pundits and even Klop mentioned how dangerous Alonso was during the game. ;) 

I also wouldn’t describe a perfect cross for a free header and then an assist as “decent” chances created, but I know you are not a fan. :) 

hard to put in on him the second, when we are asking the manager to switch to man marking, esp when you say that he lost “his man.” He was asleep along with the rest of the team tho. First goal has nothing to do with him - different moments/areas of the pitch with the cms not stopping the runner.

plus you are conveniently forgetting the dangerous free kicks.

Guy gets so much hate around here. Tomori is and should be covering for him.. that’s his job. 

13 hours ago, Robchels said:

Yeah I wouldn’t describe it as a great performance, but frank, kante, pundits and even Klop mentioned how dangerous Alonso was during the game. ;) 

I also wouldn’t describe a perfect cross for a free header and then an assist as “decent” chances created, but I know you are not a fan. :) 

hard to put in on him the second, when we are asking the manager to switch to man marking, esp when you say that he lost “his man.” He was asleep along with the rest of the team tho. First goal has nothing to do with him - different moments/areas of the pitch with the cms not stopping the runner.

plus you are conveniently forgetting the dangerous free kicks.

Guy gets so much hate around here. Tomori is and should be covering for him.. that’s his job. 

The rest of the team was not asleep. Andreas was marking wjinaldum, and alonso was totally unaware of firmino and /or the gap between him and andreas. It was a pathetic display of defence from him.

8 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

The rest of the team was not asleep. Andreas was marking wjinaldum, and alonso was totally unaware of firmino and /or the gap between him and andreas. It was a pathetic display of defence from him.

Fair enough. I partially agree, so moving on.

he’s poor in defense, hence why he does a lot better as a wb and why Emerson is the better lb.

I just thought ignoring his obvious contributions in attack was unfair.