John Terry

DavidEU

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

On another note, why did Terry have to reveal this after a good day? Couldn't he keep it until the end of the season (or somewhere close to it)?!

Because the sooner the fans find out the more time the club has to re-think their decision. I don't see how the club can stand by their decision considering the uproar we will see from the fans, and deservedly so. Our loyalty belongs to CLL, not some fucking idiots who have been at the club for a few years.

it's one thing for him not to be enough to be nailed starter anymore - he isn't and another completely different not to have him to play a role.

I don't actually believe he wouldn't accept that, but maybe it's his decision to retire or something.

He's miles better than Ivanovic as it stands, he could actually start some games whereas Iva should be in the other side of the globe.

I hate this

As much as I disagree with the decision & want him to stay, it's Lampard-esque timing from John. We are already in a dire enough situation as it is, and the fans being hostile towards this decision every week isn't going to help the team.

1 minute ago, JDY said:

As much as I disagree with the decision & want him to stay, it's Lampard-esque timing from John. We are already in a dire enough situation as it is, and the fans being hostile towards this decision every week isn't going to help the team.

He's obviously playing politics here really, knowing full well the fans will be behind him. The atmosphere is going to be interesting against United at home next weekend.