John Terry

DavidEU

Hahahahaha GC a better option than John Terry now I have heard it all; he has been good all season especially in the circumstances and marshalled Zouma and blooded him (who made mistakes today) 

Shameful to say otherwise, imo and even more so from the club who think Ivanovic should be given an extension over him first.

On 1/16/2016 at 5:56 PM, didierforever said:

GC is a way better option than JT these days.

GC does have a problem of backing off but atleast his other aspects of defending are better than JT's has been this season. look at the WBA goals and tell me that our defence line is not simply rooted to their spot and that JT is any different than GC in that aspect.

we should be grateful to JT after his pathetic performance and that is discounting the own goal? nah.. thats just the basic minimum that should be expected.

:cig:

GC was never a better option than Terry, actually GC is a Bolton quality player who was bought back in 2012 to be a squad player and somehow was turned into a untouchable CB by Jose Mourinho. The man is pretty bad, and Terry is better in every aspect of his game.

I agree Terry should not be playing game after game at this point of his career, but there is no doubt Zouma and Terry is this squad ideal CB partnership. Cahill should be sitting on the bench for the rest of this season. 

On 1/17/2016 at 6:38 AM, didierforever said:

I went back to the match thread to check what people thought and here are some opinions:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20862-chelsea-v-everton/?do=findComment&comment=1197820

Tbf what I meant in that post was that he was defending for himself and Ivan. But it is somewhat true, in the first half he was the only defender who was awake. JT however wasn't bad, he's still a better option than GC for me... his experience and influence outweighs what Cahill can offer with a bit faster legs. Oh and the own goal Terry scored can't be blamed on him, it was a difficult situation for a defender, Lukaku would have scored that anyway. I'd rather question what our right side was doing yet again letting that cross come in in the first place.

Chelsea plan to offer John Terry new contract as club eyes 12-month extension. (Evening Standard)

Standard Sport understands that the Chelsea hierarchy have already put Terry's new contract on their to-do list ahead of the summer.

No formal talks have taken place yet, but Chelsea don't want to see another experienced player [Terry] leaving the club (Evening Standard)

Chelsea want to agree another 12 month extension [with Terry] before the end of the campaign. (Evening Standard)

It has been acknowledged behind the scenes that Chelsea have suffered from a lack of leaders in the dressing room (Evening Standard)

Good performance from him yesterday-apart from the lapse at half time that let Flaminis loitering with intent have a free shot. That was shocking, and shows he is in the twilight of his career

Thank fuck for Wengers astute substitution of Giroud -he would have buried it- whereas Flamini can have an open goal as far as I am concerned and he will fuck it up

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Good performance from him yesterday-apart from the lapse at half time that let Flaminis loitering with intent have a free shot. That was shocking, and shows he is in the twilight of his career

Thank fuck for Wengers astute substitution of Giroud -he would have buried it- whereas Flamini can have an open goal as far as I am concerned and he will fuck it up

Someone said yesterday that Flamini's effort had the technique and prowess of Hong Kong Phooey ha ha.

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I'm his biggest fan, but even I have to admit that his mistakes are becoming considerably more frequent. Even in the second minute of the game yesterday, he made a positional error that he simply doesn't have the pace to recover from and that lead to the Campbell chance. If Campbell hadn't fluffed it, it could have been a very different match. 

I don't think we can rely on him as a nailed on starter and still compete for trophies for much longer.

58 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I'm his biggest fan, but even I have to admit that his mistakes are becoming considerably more frequent. Even in the second minute of the game yesterday, he made a positional error that he simply doesn't have the pace to recover from and that lead to the Campbell chance. If Campbell hadn't fluffed it, it could have been a very different match. 

I don't think we can rely on him as a nailed on starter and still compete for trophies for much longer.

Very true on the last part, but he'd still be a very valuable squad player. He's definitely good enough for that. 

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

You cant be his biggest fan. To be fair difficult to mark when theres no centre forward. Should only play a handful of games from now on

He  probably thought It was Ray Parlour, so no danger :D