Chelsea v Scunthorpe

Jase

57 minutes ago, Stats said:

I disagree. It is our only realistic chance of winning a trophy. I expect to see RLC AND Kenedy and Baba and that is about it tbh. Maybe Bamford but I will not be in the campe of arguing he should start if he don't simply because his loan at Palace did not work out and we are a much bigger club.

thats fine though, most would be more than happy for them 3.

when you see liverpool with their crazy team, we should be able to play our 2 main youngsters, and a £15m left back. especially as we are at home.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me this:

Begovic

Aina    Cahill     Terry/Papy  Rahman

Ramires    Matic 

RLC

Pedro         Traore         Kenedy

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I disagree. It is our only realistic chance of winning a trophy. I expect to see RLC AND Kenedy and Baba and that is about it tbh. Maybe Bamford but I will not be in the campe of arguing he should start if he don't simply because his loan at Palace did not work out and we are a much bigger club.

Hopefully, it'll be Kenedy/Baba at LB  with Traore filling in for Willian on the right wing. 

I'm not expecting RLC to start

On 1/7/2016 at 0:06 PM, Tomo said:

The fact that its our b team just goes to show how incredibly weak our squad is, lower league sides playing PL in the cup can be tough at the best of times (numerous examples of league one sides giving top PL teams close games Bradford vsChelsea, Burton I think it was Vs United last season, Leyton Orient vs Arsenal) put that team out I really really would not be even in the slightest surprised if we are not in the hat for the next round.

What is the point of playing Papy? He is not good enough for us, never will be and will be leaving soon, id rather wejust played Cahill and Zouma or even shoved Ivan or Mikel at CB instead.

I do hope atleast 2 of RLC, Kenedy and Traore get some game time this weekend and the other gets off the bench, but the likes of Papy and Bamford shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch on Sunday.

fair enough on Papy, but have to massively disagree on your assessment of bamford.

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

fair enough on Papy, but have to massively disagree on your assessment of bamford.

He shouldn't play for two reasons. One being if he plays we can't loan him out again and I don't think he's anywhere near good enough, If he can't get into a side where the other strikers haven't scored from open play, that's a massive red flag.

No reason to play Papy. Of course he deserves some minutes to play because it is too boring not to even play a single match but it has no meaning for us. Papy is not young, doesn't need experience of playing and is not in a single way coming in to our squad. Why did the board even sign him??

Just now, cfcs most wanted said:

No reason to play Papy. Of course he deserves some minutes to play because it is too boring not to even play a single match but it has no meaning for. Papy is not young, doesn't need experience of playing and is not in a single way coming in to our squad. Why did the board even sign him??

In case of injuries.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

He shouldn't play for two reasons. One being if he plays we can't loan him out again and I don't think he's anywhere near good enough, If he can't get into a side where the other strikers haven't scored from open play, that's a massive red flag.

kalas put in a worldie against suarez and then could not get into the koln first team. not everyone can fit everywhere. bamford showed his quality last season in the championship. also, if we are actually shipping off falcao, then bamford is a good option to keep.

lastly, pool literally played a reserves team and still got a draw. dont see why we cant play baba, kenedy, traore, RLC, bamford with very good players like azpi, bego, zouma, ramires. its the minimum we should be doiing.

26 minutes ago, didierforever said:

kalas put in a worldie against suarez and then could not get into the koln first team. not everyone can fit everywhere. bamford showed his quality last season in the championship. also, if we are actually shipping off falcao, then bamford is a good option to keep.

lastly, pool literally played a reserves team and still got a draw. dont see why we cant play baba, kenedy, traore, RLC, bamford with very good players like azpi, bego, zouma, ramires. its the minimum we should be doiing.

Torrws produced an amazing performance against City, Bosingwa vs Barcelona, I'm glad you mentioned Kalas because hes another who in my opinion is nowhere near good enough for us. Promoting Kalas and Bamford will be like United promotingBlackett and Powell, waste of time for both parties. Id understand if Bamford didn't play because of good strikers, but to be behind Wickham in the pecking order speaks volumes, also with Patrick we are not talking about a young kid, he's nearly 23, likewise with Kalas.

Liverpool got very lucky to draw against a mid table league two team, I live an hour from Exeter so took interest in the game and the Grecians battered them and got unlucky not to win, similar fate could find our way if we get too I with the line-up, some rotation, some youth, but a strong team is still needed.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Torrws produced an amazing performance against City, Bosingwa vs Barcelona, I'm glad you mentioned Kalas because hes another who in my opinion is nowhere near good enough for us. Promoting Kalas and Bamford will be like United promotingBlackett and Powell, waste of time for both parties. Id understand if Bamford didn't play because of good strikers, but to be behind Wickham in the pecking order speaks volumes, also with Patrick we are not talking about a young kid, he's nearly 23, likewise with Kalas.

Liverpool got very lucky to draw against a mid table league two team, I live an hour from Exeter so took interest in the game and the Grecians battered them and got unlucky not to win, similar fate could find our way if we get too I with the line-up, some rotation, some youth, but a strong team is still needed.

Bamford and Wickham are the same ago too smh.

.........Bamford......Costa...............
Musonda....................Kenedy
...Loftus-Cheek.....Mikel.......
Baba....Cahilll.....Zouma....Aina.
..................Courtois..................

Traore instead of Bamford, that's up for discussion.

Anyways, Guus won't do it, he wants to win something and with this lineup, it's an open match, too risky, imo.

Begovic

Azpi  Cahill  Terry  Baba

Mikel  RLC  Fabregas

Musonda             Kenedy

Bamford

I would have played Costa but I will be absolutely livid if he gets injured again. Bamford can get as many minutes as he deserves; then Costa can be a subbie.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

4 hours ago, Kieran. said:

Bamford and Wickham are the same ago too smh.

there in lies the problem. you are the manager and just spent millions on getting wickham who is also you future compared to a striker of similar abilities who has no future. bamford not getting a start has nothing to do with his ability.

bogdan made a howler, and while i agree that liverpool were lucky to g let a draw with not even their B team but an U-21 team, we are talking about our B team here at the bridge. we are talking about some of the most highly talked about prospects like RLC and musonda and some very good talents like baba, kenedy, traore, musonda. 

whats the point of having a youth system and 25 players in the squad when you are scared to start ANY of them under ANY circumstances. we are 15th in the league and these guys cant buy a start and now in a cup competition against a team which is 2 leagues below and at our home stadium, we still cant give them a game.