Chelsea v Scunthorpe

Jase

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrr after today match i cant wait to see our performance in match like this. But i just wonder to see RLC(for Fabs), Traore(for Hazard, pls no Pedro) and Baba(for Iva). Costa should plays  because his form is stronger and stronger :)

4-0

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

We have done that in all competitions this season. A different matter altogether in the league...

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

We already strung two wins in all competitions at least twice so far this season.

It's about stringing two PL wins in a row, which won't count with this game.

Yes, I know. I didn't say we haven't. Just think it's very important to do so now. 

Should be an easy win, but I recall thinking the same about the Bradford game and we all know how that went. No real excuse for not playing some of the youth for this one, nothing crazy,  but one or two should get an oppertunity to prove their worth. 

Id go for :

Begovic 

Azpi Cahill Zouma Baba 

Matic 

Ramires RLC 

Traore/Kenedy  Pedro 

Remy (if fit) 

Kids have to earn their positions. It shouldnt just be given because its the fa cup

Bergovic

Aina cahill  terry. Baba

Ramires  matic

Kennedy    rlc.    Pedro

Remy

2 hours ago, Wizacar said:

Kids have to earn their positions. It shouldnt just be given because its the fa cup

Bergovic

Aina cahill  terry. Baba

Ramires  matic

Kennedy    rlc.    Pedro

Remy

and how do you propose that the kids "earn" there spot when we have not given them any game time what so ever, even in a season like this? there is only so much effort you can put in training before you know its all for nothing.

Just now, didierforever said:

and how do you propose that the kids "earn" there spot when we have not given them any game time what so ever, even in a season like this? there is only so much effort you can put in training before you know its all for nothing.

The same way every other player does. Just because it is a cup game playing against lower opposition and because you are under 21 doesn't mean you deserve to start ahead of 24 other guys or whatever, if they earn play time then fine but if they don't then nobody can honestly sit and say that its 24 other players fault or a coach's fault for playing players who are training better/harder and performing better.

I mean would you drop Willian who has been our player of the season so far and is in exceptional form to accommodate Bertrand Traore, who at most has played maybe 30 minutes of football all season if you were Guus Hiddink? Or Mikel who just had a brilliant game against Palace for Ruben? Its not so black and white as oh its a cup game drop 5 big players and play 5 kids in their place. 

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The same way every other player does. Just because it is a cup game playing against lower opposition and because you are under 21 doesn't mean you deserve to start ahead of 24 other guys or whatever, if they earn play time then fine but if they don't then nobody can honestly sit and say that its 24 other players fault or a coach's fault for playing players who are training better/harder and performing better.

I mean would you drop Willian who has been our player of the season so far and is in exceptional form to accommodate Bertrand Traore, who at most has played maybe 30 minutes of football all season if you were Guus Hiddink? Or Mikel who just had a brilliant game against Palace for Ruben? Its not so black and white as oh its a cup game drop 5 big players and play 5 kids in their place. 

if we cant play traore and RLC in this game, then why keep them in the squad?

did we drop them when they were shit, match after match after match?

did we drop them when they deservedly needed to be dropped? 

no one is asking for colkett to be played. but this is the EXACT TYPE of game that warrants the starts of the likes of baba, rlc, kenedy and traore at the least. 

what will willian gain from playing against scunthorpe? form? experience? this is the exact type of game which should mean a rest for the likes of willian who have played their hearts out this season. 

sorry, but it is black and white to drop/rest some players while playing the squad players/kids in the first team squad.

14 hours ago, didierforever said:

begovic

aina zouma papy baba

RLC ramires

pedro musonda kenedy

traore

We would be handing Scunthorpe victory on a gold plate with that line-up.

A defense that has never played with one and other (Zouma and Baba aside) and 4/6 mids and strikers being kids.

I hope a couple youngsters play but that's overkill, take Pedro out and replace him with another youngster and that line-up would be eligible for an U21 match.

This is our best chance of a trophy and I will be annoyed if we blow it, a lot more annoyed than ill be if the latest teen pet project gets cruelly robbed of twenty minutes at the end.