Chelsea v Scunthorpe

Jase

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Billy. said:

Bego, Dave, Cahill, Papy, Baba, RLC, Mikel, Kenedy, Oscar, Pedro, Bamford

Think Bamford will be back on loan shortly and Remy deserves some minutes. Unless Hiddink and the board plan on keeping Bamford instead of Failcao for the second half of the season, then yes, this would be the ideal game for him to start. 

I'd go with. 

Begovic

Azpilicueta  Cahill  Zouma   Baba Rahman

Matic  RLC  Ramires 

Kenedy                                  Pedro

Remy

-Bring on Traore for Pedro at half time if all goes to plan. Also give Aina a shot at right back for 20 odd minutes if we are in the clear. 

Begovic

Aina   Cahill  Ivanovic  Kenedy

RLC  Mikel

Musonda  Oscar   Hazard

Costa

Nicely balanced team, imo. 3 Academy boys, Costa gets to keep playing himself into form.

And since Obi is in there we will surely win!

3 hours ago, DYC. said:

Courtois

Azpilicueta Zouma Cahill Baba

Loftus-Cheek Matic

Pedro Musonda Kenedy

Remy

Begovic; Djilo, Aina; Mikel, Oscar; Willian, Traore

I'd love to see that team.

This would be ideal. Maybe give Begovic a game though. 

10 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

This would be ideal. Maybe give Begovic a game though. 

I want Courtois to play every FA Cup game. It increases the chances of winning. Sad for Begovic in a way but he's played so much football already, more than you'd expect him to play.

I'd rather give him some more games in the league.

2 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Why not give Bamford a run instead of Costa/Remy specially when Remy might leave ... Better to try him now when the mood is also a little upbeat, can hope for some positive outcome ... 

He's hardly match fit though, has barely played anything for Palace - Plus if he's also going back out on loan then the same point applies that you made. I'd like to see Bamford, Musonda, RLC, Aina etc. But let's be perfectly honest here, if we lose there'll be outcry! The least fans are now expect is FA Cup since we're no longer in any other trophy race (CL too). So Hiddink can't really afford to fuck this one up.

At most I think we'll see RLC coming off the bench with Aina and Musonda named on it. Ramires, Remy, Baba & Cahill will probably feature seeing as they're on the fringes of the first team at the moment

37 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

He's hardly match fit though, has barely played anything for Palace - Plus if he's also going back out on loan then the same point applies that you made. I'd like to see Bamford, Musonda, RLC, Aina etc. But let's be perfectly honest here, if we lose there'll be outcry! The least fans are now expect is FA Cup since we're no longer in any other trophy race (CL too). So Hiddink can't really afford to fuck this one up.

At most I think we'll see RLC coming off the bench with Aina and Musonda named on it. Ramires, Remy, Baba & Cahill will probably feature seeing as they're on the fringes of the first team at the moment

I m not disagreeing with you ... make complete sense in the way we handle our youth and the current situation. 

But then even RLC is not match fit either ... And with the match fit logic or He is not ready logic, we would be behind when it comes to trying something new or rather are already behind... As far as an outcry goes, guess we already had quite a few this season and another one is not going to make us more sad than what we already are. However my opinion was based on the fact that we play at the Bridge against a team 2 division below (I guess) and we are already short on strikers (Remy is mostly not there when needed and Falcao .... ) ... always a nice idea to try a hungry player who actually forced himself out due to less opportunity. 

Also I know that we will play pretty much the same team with Ramiers/Matic/Cahill coming in ... 

I honestly have no idea why remy and falcao are in the squad.. remy is never healthy when neeeded hence hazard in the false 9, and Falcao hasnt been in form for at least 4 years. We should get rid off them both and keep bamford and also buy another striker. If diego costa goes down we might has well brace ourselves for a relegation battle.:offtopic:

2 hours ago, Wizacar said:

I honestly have no idea why remy and falcao are in the squad.. remy is never healthy when neeeded hence hazard in the false 9, and Falcao hasnt been in form for at least 4 years. We should get rid off them both and keep bamford and also buy another striker. If diego costa goes down we might has well brace ourselves for a relegation battle.:offtopic:

Or we could get shot of both Falcao and Bamford or sign someone who is actually good enough.

With zidane becoming the new Real coach we should be bracing ourselves for a summer of real tapping him up. We already know how much Zidane loves Hazard and money isnt an issue for real. 100 million and they can have him.lol

Courtois

Ivanovic   Zouma  Cahill   Azpi

Matic     Fábregas

Willian       Oscar          Hazard

Diego

#rotation #yolo

On 1/4/2016 at 1:00 PM, Tomo said:

We would be handing Scunthorpe victory on a gold plate with that line-up.

A defense that has never played with one and other (Zouma and Baba aside) and 4/6 mids and strikers being kids.

I hope a couple youngsters play but that's overkill, take Pedro out and replace him with another youngster and that line-up would be eligible for an U21 match.

This is our best chance of a trophy and I will be annoyed if we blow it, a lot more annoyed than ill be if the latest teen pet project gets cruelly robbed of twenty minutes at the end.

remove aina and put in azpi, and this is our proper B team. if our B team, cant win against a league one team at the bridge then, damn, we are in massive massive shit.

each of kenedy, RLC, traore, baba, musonda are good enough to play in PL or atleast championship, ramires, pedro, zouma, bego are really good players. i have not seen much of papy/aina to comment much.

this might be our best chance to win a trophy but its also the only realistic tournament and infact realistic game where these kids can play at all.