The Mourinho Thread

Also against big teams it's better to play with 2 defensive midfielders like Matic and Luiz when we are not strong yet. In the future we won't play with 2 players like that and the first choise will be always Matic.

TBF, Mourinho has used Luiz in midfield against the likes of Hull, Stoke, Palace and Norwich as well. So, it's not always the big games where he's only being used there.

Have no issues with Luiz being used in midfield but just the ironic situation with what he said. Then again, Mourinho probably just said what he did because he targeted Benitez back then, as Fernando alluded to previously but had other thoughts in mind.

TBF, Mourinho has used Luiz in midfield against the likes of Hull, Stoke, Palace and Norwich as well. So, it's not always the big games where he's only being used there.

Have no issues with Luiz being used in midfield but just the ironic situation with what he said. Then again, Mourinho probably just said what he did because he targeted Benitez back then, as Fernando alluded to previously but had other thoughts in mind.

Matic didn't play agains Hull, I'm not sure about the Stoke game but if it was the cup game he played has a CB no? At least in that game TErry didn't play.Against Norwich Luiz was not in the stariting XI if it's the 0-0 in the Bridge.

I'm not saying it's only tactical, or only because we don't have players. It's a little bit of both.

In normal conditions and with Matic fit David Luiz won't be in the starting eleven in the midfield because we play with only one pure defensive player. Naturally if Matic can't play Cahmpions and we have problems with Van Ginkel and Lampard can't play all games we need to play more often other players.

Against Man City right now the best option maybe is Luiz Matic.

Matic didn't play agains Hull, I'm not sure about the Stoke game but if it was the cup game he played has a CB no? At least in that game TErry didn't play.Against Norwich Luiz was not in the stariting XI if it's the 0-0 in the Bridge.

I'm not saying it's only tactical, or only because we don't have players. It's a little bit of both.

In normal conditions and with Matic fit David Luiz won't be in the starting eleven in the midfield because we play with only one pure defensive player. Naturally if Matic can't play Cahmpions and we have problems with Van Ginkel and Lampard can't play all games we need to play more often other players.

Against Man City right now the best option maybe is Luiz Matic.

Regardless, the point is he was used in midfield. The Stoke game I referred to was the league one and against Norwich, he came on at HT to replace Lampard in the pivot.

All that being said, it wasn't my point to begin with anyway.

You have to take into account the rise of Gary Cahill. I don't think any of us saw the improvement he would make this season. He's one of the top centre backs in the world at the minute in my opinion. It would be foolish to disrupt him and JT to allow Luiz, who is good defensively, but doesn't have the concentration or composure to play at CB.

You have to take into account the rise of Gary Cahill. I don't think any of us saw the improvement he would make this season. He's one of the top centre backs in the world at the minute in my opinion. It would be foolish to disrupt him and JT to allow Luiz, who is good defensively, but doesn't have the concentration or composure to play at CB.

People are missing the point. All I said was the irony in Mourinho's comments where he said one thing but does another. It just felt silly he kinda backed himself into a corner by saying he won't do A but does just that (maybe as I said previously that was just mentioned as part of his attack on Benitez). That's all, just on the comment alone. His subsequent actions is beside the point.

and when he was at Madrid Pepe played in the midfield too. It's a tactical move instead of an enforced move.

Not really!

It was not like he played Pepe in the midfield once in a while or whatever. It was just in that series of 4-5 matches against Barcelona in 2011-12 when he was trying to stop Messi...

People are missing the point. All I said was the irony in Mourinho's comments where he said one thing but does another. It just felt silly he kinda backed himself into a corner by saying he won't do A but does just that (maybe as I said previously that was just mentioned as part of his attack on Benitez). That's all, just on the comment alone. His subsequent actions is beside the point.

Yes, I see you point, but I'm saying that even Jose didn't know that Cahill would be this good, meaning Luiz wouldn't get a look in at CB, but still thinks he could use him in the pivot.

Mourinho said at the start of the season that he lies, Its all in his character.

Carlo Ancelotti: "I see Roman has changed his idea about Jose so maybe he will change his idea about me too" #CFC #RMCF (Mail)

Carlo: "There are a lot of people who loved Jose here in Madrid. He made 2 groups.1 with him & 1 against him. But a lot of people liked him"

Schurrle on Mourinho: "What I like most about the boss is that it’s only about winning. He hates finishing second or third" #CFC (Sun)

Schurrle (2/2): "But at #CFC we want to be the biggest and best. I am sure the manager will be highly motivated to come back stronger" (Sun)

Willian (1/2): "I am very happy to work with Jose. Many people ask me what it is like to work with him. Everybody thinks [Mourinho is] bad"

Willian (2/2): "...[they say Jose is] arrogant but I think he fights for the group. He's giving me a lot of confidence" #CFC

Demba Ba: "Jose Mourinho has asked me to stay at Chelsea next season. He assured me that my situation would change." #CFC (DailyStar)

Ba: "I was approached by #AFC last August. But Mourinho refused to let me join, as he said he didn't want to help a rival team get stronger"

BA staying is probably one of the best transfer news i have heard so far. he is a great 2nd/3rd striker. costa/lukaku/ba would a nice fit. will make each other perform better by the competition.

I'd personally like to see Bamford get the chance here. Obviously Ba is the better player, but I desperately want to see an academy player do well here.

Besides, Ba is delusional to believe his situation is going to change. If Costa gets into his strike, he won't even get half the games he got this season

In the latest instalment of Fuck The FA

Chelsea coach Rui Faria has had his appeal against a six-match stadium ban and £30,000 fine in relation to the Sunderland game on 19 April 2014 partly upheld by an Appeals Board.

Mr Faria was handed the punishment after he admitted using abusive and/or insulting words towards the Fourth Official and that his behaviour following the Match Referee's request that he leave the technical area amounted to improper conduct.

The Appeal Board ordered that the final two matches of the six-match stadium ban be suspended for 12 months and so they will only be invoked upon a proven breach of FA Rule E3 during that period.

The £30,000 fine he was given at the original Independent Regulatory Commission hearing remains unchanged.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2014/may/rui-faria-appeal-partially-upheld#fbQxxUyqDp3P1J0d.99

Meh, not too bad.

I'd personally like to see Bamford get the chance here. Obviously Ba is the better player, but I desperately want to see an academy player do well here.

Besides, Ba is delusional to believe his situation is going to change. If Costa gets into his strike, he won't even get half the games he got this season

its overkill if u ask me!!! lukaku is 21, as will be balmford when the season starts. u cant have 2 kids leading your line if suppose costa gets injured for a month or 2. also JOSE does not seem to strike as someone who would do that.

with matic in, we might start going into games as 4-1-3-2. or atleast at the start of second half if we are trailing/drawing the match.