The Mourinho Thread

Pretty clear we need a change in system, you need 2-3 top class strikers and the ability to play with 2 up top in this league. We have neither. Think we also need a central midfielder who can play in a midfield two, and pass. All our midfielders are horribly slow or inaccurate at passing for this level. Matic had improved things but was dire today. Lampard and Mikel to leave. I think the Luiz as a midfielder experiment should be over, if he isn't good enough to play in his position (centre-back), get rid.

We've spent a lot on attacking midfielders; should be doing better with Hazard, Schrulle, Oscar, Willian and Salah - I'm not sure if its Mourinho's tactics or the lack of strikers for them to play off and assist

What is the point of winning against City then lose to Palace? Just what is the point? Where is the spark in the team? It is great setting up the team but if you can't score for shit you are gonna winning fuck all. Now if we are trophy less this season in theory we would have had the worst season since 10-11. Coming close mean fuck all really, the team need to win trophy year in year out.

Only a UCL final will save Mourinho first season from being a failure.

Well the way we play against top team makes me feel that could happen.

The system we are using is great for team that attack us. But we are shit against team that give us the ball. We could pull a miracle like we did with rdm.

i think our am's have to improve their intelligence in making decisions in final third...we have to be smart,fast and slick in the final third that is how we beat these park the bus teams next season they will improve a lot....full backs are not providing any width with azpilicueta sitting back even though ivanovic is going forward his crossing is poor.....last but the important thing is buying a striker this summer!!

There won't be a single doubt about Jose being at the club if we don't win anything this season. That in it self gives us stability and the players won't get a second chance (like Kalou, Malouda, Torres etc in the past), certain players here have thrived from perceived 'fresh starts'.

"You have Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill and Azpilicueta and they perform in the sun, in the rain, small pitches, big pitches, aggressive teams, non-aggressive teams and they perform every game from day one to the last day. And you have other players who are fantastic in some matches and disappear in other matches."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9239146/premier-league-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-says-title-is-impossible-after-crystal-palace-loss

"You have Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill and Azpilicueta and they perform in the sun, in the rain, small pitches, big pitches, aggressive teams, non-aggressive teams and they perform every game from day one to the last day. And you have other players who are fantastic in some matches and disappear in other matches."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9239146/premier-league-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-says-title-is-impossible-after-crystal-palace-loss

Assuming he's talking about the attacking players like Torres, Hazard etc..

Assuming he's talking about the attacking players like Torres, Hazard etc..

I think Torres needs no mention. Every one and their moms knew how shit Torres was at the beginning of the season.

But mourinho and the club incompetent kept him here. And because of that we suffered greatly.

I disagree Oscar's form has been very consistent. Consistently poor in the last two months or so, but he is never a player to shine in one match just to vanish in the next. The reason for Oscar's consistent poor form might be known within chelsea... I say this because he hasn't been used much lately as if they won't even try to get him to improve by giving him a sequence.