The Mourinho Thread

Arsenal had its first shot on target at minute 85 whereas Chelsea had at least 5 near-goal chances, yet Chelsea faces the criticism from these football "experts". This is unbelievable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2528708/ADRIAN-DURHAM-Chelseas-anti-football-win-title.html

Arsenal had its first shot on target at minute 85 whereas Chelsea had at least 5 near-goal chances, yet Chelsea faces the criticism from these football "experts". This is unbelievable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2528708/ADRIAN-DURHAM-Chelseas-anti-football-win-title.html

Cringeworthy, but nothing new, the world hates Chelsea. It actually enhances the satisfaction when we get results.

Understandable why we went for a draw considering we've been poor defensively in the last few weeks but it's not the brand of football I want to see from us considering the type of players we have at hand.

It was a good result but I'm not as proud of it as most people seem to be on here. Yes we were at The Emirates, yes we've been poor recently and yes he set us up correct tactically for this game due to those factors but personally I expect more. I was never in the camp that thought we'd not even be able to grab a point at Arsenal either - I believe we could've won.

His subs in the last 20/30 minutes could've won the game as well but they were the wrong ones IMO. I know Hazard was tiring a bit but he was still our most dangerous player at that point and the negativity in those minutes were very annoying - I think it allowed Arsenal to open us up a lot more and we nearly got punished twice (Giroud's miss, Azpi off the line). We could've been looking at a loss easily here so personally I don't get why those last minutes are basically being conveniently ignored by most on here. His subs were really, really bad.

I've given up on us playing the type of football we can this season regardless but I just hope that towards the end of this one that we at least have a solid foundation set to work on.

Who could have filled Hazard's shoes in the second better than André? I may agree that Mata instead of Oscar (despite the fact that it would compromise the defensive aspect as Willian's work-rate was immense and all of us know Mata doesn't come even close), but the only player we had to lead our counter-attacks with dribbles and pace (that was what Hazard was doing so well) was Schürrle. André didn't have a good match imo, he was disconnected from the play. Oscar is still in terrible form and added nothing to our attack. I think Mourinho simply didn't predict how bad (or at least how non-factor) the subs were. Watch Hazard's last minutes before the sub. He wasn't going for the plays anymore, he was tired. The match he was supposed the rest, he played about 40 minutes (against Sunderland).

I honestly can't find anything to complain from Mourinho's part, although I was very unsatisfied with both André's and especially Oscar's performances. Oscar seems burnt out, not sure if as a consequence of the injury or because the matches finally piled up. He wasn't playing that well even before the injury. Both Willian and Hazard were immense helping Iva and Azpili and also the pivot. Somehow André and Oscar couldn't keep even that. They were nothing special (far from it) offensively, but defensively they weren't much better. Oscar is sort of expected, he's been playing terribly lately, but André was playing well in his last matches. So I get why Mourinho did it, but I can't blame him when his players didn't turn up. I'm sure he didn't ask them to be sloppy, unfocused and disconnected from play...

And I think it's very naive of you to think that Arsenal would continue to be passive as the end of the game approached. Any team at home will take a last sprint at the end of match to try to win it. They started to grow before the subs, after them they had their best chances as expected. I'm not sure Azpili's clearance would have been a goal. I've seen that play at least 10 times and I'm still not convinced, although absolutely thankful he was there to make sure it didn't go in.

This guy is just anti-Chelsea...what a fool.

The team that goes on a winning run(8-10 games) will be celebrating in May. We still have Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal at home so our destiny is still in our own hands.

Right on. Any team that goes out on 10 games winning streak soon, will win the PL. I just have a funny feeling, it´ll be Citeh.

As we all should see, current Chelsea team is not ready to really challenge for major trophies, at least in my opinion.

Whatever Jose is thinking, we do not really know. All we have is a hearsay.

Jose has an amazing skill to lead Chelsea into the top, soon. Whether, it´ll be in this season, I honestly doubt it, but one never know with him. To me, he is a master tactician, a winner & he won´t settle for second best, if possible.

The best way, is top four & CL qualification, the team is close in the title race, so let´s hold our horses, enjoy the games & we will see, soon. In January, either Chelsea buys essential players or we need to wait for the summer.

Whatever happens, I am relatively happy with the way Jose has managed to lead Chelsea. Yes, mistakes were made, but the intention is there to correct them. So happy sailing in the new year & keep faith, girls & boys.

Michael Ballack: " I had Spoken To Mourinho about his Plans and its Dangerous, in the coming years he will make Chelsea one of the most dangerous team in the world. He have seen the working style of Barca Madrid and Bayern now he will be combining those killer tactics to form new Chelsea.He has Already identified his targets.You won't see much players from the current squad in that team but this is how you chose to play to get something you have to lose something. If everything goes to the plan in next 2 year Chelsea will be dominating the world.He is big fan of Hazard he wants to make him new Ronaldo.His plan is very clear some fans think he is not the same as last time but what i saw was that he has became more deadliest then last time. "

Do you mind linking the source? Just doesn't at all sound like something Michael Ballack would say.....

Who could have filled Hazard's shoes in the second better than André? I may agree that Mata instead of Oscar (despite the fact that it would compromise the defensive aspect as Willian's work-rate was immense and all of us know Mata doesn't come even close), but the only player we had to lead our counter-attacks with dribbles and pace (that was what Hazard was doing so well) was Schürrle. André didn't have a good match imo, he was disconnected from the play. Oscar is still in terrible form and added nothing to our attack. I think Mourinho simply didn't predict how bad (or at least how non-factor) the subs were. Watch Hazard's last minutes before the sub. He wasn't going for the plays anymore, he was tired. The match he was supposed the rest, he played about 40 minutes (against Sunderland).

I honestly can't find anything to complain from Mourinho's part, although I was very unsatisfied with both André's and especially Oscar's performances. Oscar seems burnt out, not sure if as a consequence of the injury or because the matches finally piled up. He wasn't playing that well even before the injury. Both Willian and Hazard were immense helping Iva and Azpili and also the pivot. Somehow André and Oscar couldn't keep even that. They were nothing special (far from it) offensively, but defensively they weren't much better. Oscar is sort of expected, he's been playing terribly lately, but André was playing well in his last matches. So I get why Mourinho did it, but I can't blame him when his players didn't turn up. I'm sure he didn't ask them to be sloppy, unfocused and disconnected from play...

And I think it's very naive of you to think that Arsenal would continue to be passive as the end of the game approached. Any team at home will take a last sprint at the end of match to try to win it. They started to grow before the subs, after them they had their best chances as expected. I'm not sure Azpili's clearance would have been a goal. I've seen that play at least 10 times and I'm still not convinced, although absolutely thankful he was there to make sure it didn't go in.

Willian and Hazard was Chelsea's attack though. Everything was going through those two. It was the wrong decision to take off both. You made the point when you said Schurrle was disconnected from the play. You don't expect Schurrle or Oscar to jump in and start combining well with the midfield and that's why Hazard should have been kept on imo. He was having a good game and would have been dangerous even late on. Can't blame the subs for not doing well. Part of the blame lies with Mourinho for completely changing the attack.

People who liked your post must know: thats 100% facebook bullshit.

I'm pretty sure Mourinho is not even thinking about combining Barcelona and Bayern style to form a new team, its only a foolish dream by any football fan.

You must believe that Chelsea squad in next 2 or 3 years will be pretty much the same, perhaps 2 or 3 players in, and 2 or 3 out.

Hazard will never be as good as Ronaldo, I think some people just dont realize how good the portuguese man is. Hazard will be a great player, but he will be Hazard, he will make his own path. Its clear its another bullshit made a fan, because its not a thing you would see Mourinho saying. He might get his tactics wrong sometimes, but he is not a stupid man.

Just try to find this thing in google, and the only result will be that facebook bullshit page.

True.