The Mourinho Thread

This is the point i have been making for years. Apart from 10/11, i believe our first Xl has been better than Man.Utd in every season under Abramovich, but their is a reason they win the league's and we win the cup's, because they have a stronger squad. They know the true value of the John o Shea's off this world, something we haven't quite mastered yet.

Spot on Tomo!!!!

If we had kept Lukaku and KdB plus a few others last season we might have won the league :)

Onwards and upwards :)

So no big expectations for me even though we have Mourinho back. The squad the club is building still needs time to be at it's peak. Just like Mourinho said it will take a season or two.

That's what Mourinho said, he told the press in 2004 it would be tough to win the title of the unbeaten Arsenal team, yet in the dressing room was marking down Bolton away as the game we would win it.

I'm still interested in seeing if he continues with the style of play.

We have been playing some attractive football last season, so if he can continue that then great.

Also if he can approach the situation of strikers better. Like no favoritism to Torres!

I still don't expect us to do that great this season. At best I would think we finish second in the PL, and maybe a Capital One Cup or FA Cup to the mix.

I would also like to get to the Quarter Finals of the CL this new season.

So no big expectations for me even though we have Mourinho back. The squad the club is building still needs time to be at it's peak. Just like Mourinho said it will take a season or two.

About playing style:

'I want to make the Chelsea fans happy – by results, by our playing style, by the mentality and the personality of the team,' he said.

So this could potentially mean the same playing style. but who knows..

My favorite part about all of this is that (for the most part) even if the team takes a dip in form during the season, I just feel there will be less panic amongst us fans and the players; which will only cause the team to rebound faster.

In a word: care-free

That's what Mourinho said, he told the press in 2004 it would be tough to win the title of the unbeaten Arsenal team, yet in the dressing room was marking down Bolton away as the game we would win it.

But in 2004 we spend a shit load of money on players ready to compete.

We now got a team of a lot of younger players, who some still need time to gel.

This time is different.