The Mourinho Thread

13 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I watched the match against rostov and it was a sour performance. I don't know how long ManUnited fans can keep up with this. They are used to attacking football under Ferguson (chanting "attack, attack, attack" during match days) and didn't like LVG because of the poor quality football and lack of goals. 

Statements like this are becoming normal on redcafe:  

The big majority of the ManUtd fans will. They all claim they play much better, "attacking" football under Mourinho than under Louis van Gaal.

Wait...that last quote? They criticize Conte while they have the Special Need One as manager? They truly are the worst, deluded fans in England. 

15 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I watched the match against rostov and it was a sour performance. I don't know how long ManUnited fans can keep up with this. They are used to attacking football under Ferguson (chanting "attack, attack, attack" during match days) and didn't like LVG because of the poor quality football and lack of goals. 

:lol: Do they really expect Mourinho to attack teams, even when his side has the advantage?

20 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

So they are only now realizing you can't teach new tricks to an old dog. They will drop many more points because of that, which is good.

24 minutes ago, manpe said:

What a whiny little baby, he has a chance to win more trophies than others, boohoo... He claims to be a winner but whines like a proper loser. He's past his sell-by date.

Finding it amusing. He's managing the most successful club in England and one of the biggest in the world and he's trying to create a siege mentality. :lol:

He'll definitely not last long there if he continues to be this way like he has been for the past 10 years.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

:lol: Do they really expect Mourinho to attack teams, even when his side has the advantage?

They did. Their biggest fan channel, Full Time Devils, all were very certain José would make ManUtd feared again at the start of the season.

And most of their fans claim they play good, offensive football. It's a mess really. Mourinho is past it and absolutely not the right guy for ManUtd. They should've went for a guy like Pochettino. 

Mou's more invested in United's future and the potential future image of himself, than he is invested in the current reality of that club/his image. For as long as he refuses to work on what needs working on today, he will keep falling short in red.

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

The big majority of the ManUtd fans will. They all claim they play much better, "attacking" football under Mourinho than under Louis van Gaal.

Wait...that last quote? They criticize Conte while they have the Special Need One as manager? They truly are the worst, deluded fans in England. 

Sorry, the last paragraph was a statement I made. I don't know how that got mixed up in the quote. I was saying that we criticize Conte sometimes but we can clearly see the difference in attacking between our team now than under Mourinho. The performances against  rostov both home and away were regular occurrences. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Exactly, he always brings on fellaini or mikel to close out games instead of going for the next goal. It has cost them points against Everton, Arsenal, Stoke and almost conceded in the last minute yesterday. He still hasn't changed this cautious approach. And eventually many manutd fans will be frustrated by this. 

Somebody should mention to Mourinho we played 68 games in 2012/13 and Benitez didn't moan about it. Man United will play only 63 at most come end of the season.

He's right about the PL not helping teams playing in Europe but overall, if he's not happy about the fixture congestion, just send a weak team out and get KOed early. Simple. He's talked so much about United tradition of winning matches, winning trophies and then turned around to moan about having to play too many games.

Maybe this is all part of his siege mentality and if it is, he should try to come up with a better BS than this.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Somebody should mention to Mourinho we played 68 games in 2012/13 and Benitez didn't moan about it. Man United will play only 63 at most come end of the season.

He's right about the PL not helping teams playing in Europe but overall, if he's not happy about the fixture congestion, just send a weak team out and get KOed early. Simple. He's talked so much about United tradition of winning matches, winning trophies and then turned around to moan about having to play too many games.

Maybe this is all part of his siege mentality and if it is, he should try to come up with a better BS than this.

He's taken it a step further. I read somewhere he claimed fixture scheduling is conspired against United. Just like there was a "campaign" against us. What an idiot. If there is conspiracy or campaign against someone it is Jose, because as soon as he left we haven't had nearly as much controversies and no reason to suspect any "campaign" against us. And United have always been FA's darlings, if they are not anymore, then it's because of him.

Just saw a news item on a Dutch football website with the headline quoting Mourinho with him saying "We have many enemies as ManUtd."

I'm just lost for words. The manager of ManUtd making a statement like that. The whole siege mentality.  Pathetic. 

I hope he gets sacked by ManUtd ASAP so he'll probably just disappear from English football. Fed up with that guy and his constant moaning. 

And now he's sticking his nose into the Karanka situation..

During Boro's top-flight clash at Old Trafford in December, Mourinho and Karanka showcased their friendship as they made their way to the dugouts together - but the Spaniard's dismissal yesterday means the pair will not be reunited in this weekend's reverse fixture.

And following the decision, Mourinho has taken a swipe at Boro 's players - saying he "knows the names" of the players who played some role in Karanka 's downfall

When asked if he felt player power played a part in Karanka's dismissal, Mourinho added: "In this case, I know the names."

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Great point. I will quote this line in some debates that I'm having right now with some United friends, haha.

3 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Gold.

Keane isn't really in any position to question team spirit. The bloke's man management skills were dreadful he's a misanthrope. When he was the Ipswich manager he invited all the players and wives to a barbeque and then sat on his own and didn't talk to a single person there.

58 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Keane isn't really in any position to question team spirit. The bloke's man management skills were dreadful he's a misanthrope. When he was the Ipswich manager he invited all the players and wives to a barbeque and then sat on his own and didn't talk to a single person there.

True, but he's still respected by a lot of United supporters and it's one United voice that is speaking out. It interrupts the siege mentality.