The Mourinho Thread

2 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

8 wins in 17 vs Guardiola. Only 3 wins for Mourinho. It seems Guardiola doesn't need the midfield dominance of Xavi and Iniesta or the magic of Messi. Or Aguero for that matter

There goes all that bullshit about Guardiola not being one of the, if not the best manager in the world because he's a world class manager who manages world class players. 

Only dummies who know nothing about football don't rate him highly. 

No one is saying he is not good or even great. But best? Not even close. His bayern CL record is good indication of that and I think managing City wont change either. Not to mention, he has to replace half of squad to even operate.

Mou is not what he was anymore, but when he was on top (since 2004-2010), he was amazing. Tacticaly almost perfect. I would like to see Pep in that 2004-2009 era in PL. Today when he splashes 200m and the league is, pardon my language, shit (from viewers perspective its still great, but in terms of quality not so much), it is not that difficult. United, Arsenal maybe, Liverpool, Chelsea were actualy real beasts back then unlike today.

Starting lineup was stupid. But I thought made a great adjustment in the second half. Moved to a 4-3-3 and pushed both Fellaini and Pogba forward right off Ibra and just went direct. Almost paid off. Didn't pay off today, but that's a great adjustment that can easily get United tons of goals.

Poor Mourinho. Why must he always be the one whose players ignore their manager's genius instructions, whose players cannot make simple passes under pressure and whose players cannot cope with the 'dimension of the game'? So unfortunate.

3 hours ago, Bir_CFC said:

Starting lineup was stupid. But I thought made a great adjustment in the second half. Moved to a 4-3-3 and pushed both Fellaini and Pogba forward right off Ibra and just went direct. Almost paid off. Didn't pay off today, but that's a great adjustment that can easily get United tons of goals.

But it won't see them succeed at the highest level, where United want to be. Mourinho's overall approach is still the same. He's almost becoming like Wenger really. Too stubborn and too unwilling to adapt and change their approach.

19 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

No one is saying he is not good or even great. But best? Not even close. His bayern CL record is good indication of that and I think managing City wont change either. Not to mention, he has to replace half of squad to even operate.

Mou is not what he was anymore, but when he was on top (since 2004-2010), he was amazing. Tacticaly almost perfect. I would like to see Pep in that 2004-2009 era in PL. Today when he splashes 200m and the league is, pardon my language, shit (from viewers perspective its still great, but in terms of quality not so much), it is not that difficult. United, Arsenal maybe, Liverpool, Chelsea were actualy real beasts back then unlike today.

Guardiola took Bayern to three champions league semi finals in 3yrs. Obviously they came up short but it's not a bad record by any means. 

Speaking of Mourinho, I really think his best days are behind him. This utd job is his last big job in England and he will inevatibly fuck it up like he did at Chelsea when he doesn't get his way. He can't go back to Spain or Germany as Bayern will never hire him. I suppose he can crawl back to inter as they seem desperate but as a top manager he's done.

On 10/09/2016 at 6:13 PM, Hybrid Angel said:

Plays Pogba as DM and sets his team up for the counter attack when he has one of the slowest attacks in the league. Tactical genius.

No creativity, no effective pressing, no press resistance, boring, stale. Never change Jose.

It was set for that from beggining. When Pogba got there and United plays 2 man pivot. That was clear as day it wont work. The thing is Pogba needs to move around, but Mou will limit him and I wont be surprised if Pogba wont play well at all. Thats why I was surprised when he actualy went to United, after all the talk he wants barca and play free attacking football. Ends up in double pivot next to Fellaini under Mou is just funny as hell haha.

Did anyone see Fergie in the stands shaking his head as if he was thinking... This is a disgrace! Mourinho needs to employ some top attackimg coaches and quick. The appointment of Jose was such a stupid move by United. They have set themselves back a further few years 

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Did anyone see Fergie in the stands shaking his head as if he was thinking... This is a disgrace! Mourinho needs to employ some top attackimg coaches and quick. The appointment of Jose was such a stupid move by United. They have set themselves back a further few years 

Hahaha I saw that 😂😂😂

reap what you sow - hope Jose bankrupts them, at this rate that will be January!!! 

Waiting for his little horse comments 😂😂😂

Reckon they'll start picking on him should Chelsea and City win this round and United does not at Watford. Soulless manager and an even uglier team, no ideas, no attacking gameplan, no pressing. He really is Tony Pulis with money, baffles me how someone managing one of world's biggest clubs still sets his team that way. He has regressed in a few years like others in a lifetime, long may this continue, he deserves every bit of it. Such an insult for Guardiola, definitely world's best manager, to still be compared with this fraud. There is at least 10 managers at this point head and shoulders better than Mourinho.   

Cracks already appearing. Players look lost, players look un-happy, players look confused as to what to do.

JM is very out dated and an 89m signing will not cover it.

3 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Has as many CL trophies as Guardiola. Wait till the end of the season, City were better, today wasn't good enough, but it's still a long way to go.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I know you love Jose, I admire him too.

But the thing is Jose is just not the same guy who was with Porto, Chelsea (1st time) and Inter. Looks completely different. His time at Real Madrid ruined him and I feel there's no way back to his best for him. Jose will fix Man Utd this season anyway and they will finish in top 3. Jose might still win some trophies bus his teams will never be a dominant force again.