The Mourinho Thread

17 minutes ago, lucio said:

real men don't eye gouge from behind, or break promises

Are there things that you're not proud of, that you did in the course of your life time! And than immediately regret and apologize for!!!

I don't even know how that "he's past it" narrative, picked up in here. :lol:
José walked the league with a team that could've imploded at any moment (just as it did last season.)
Longest time at the top of the league? Does anyone remember or are we only picking up the perceived "shit"? Most of all with that average defence and midfield.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think the whole "he's past his best and is going downhill" narrative being pushed by a few here will come back to bite you.

He may not dominate the league or walk it but I'd still be shocked if he doesn't win a title there within 2 years. Pep and Conte are new to the league and will take time to adapt and learn. Mou is in charge of the richest club and knows the football in England better than anyone else. He's the ultimate pragmatist and knows exactly how to win here.

Even if his ability has deteriorated slightly, with players like Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial etc he'll still be able to challenge for the title.

Seriously!!! With the array of manager we have now, this is the challenge he and his ego will thrive at. 

I said this before ... Jose will win the title next season without a doubt ... His ego will haunt him for rest of his life and maybe after if he doesnt win the title first specially when we have someone of the finest manager in the league and with Pep in there. There would be a meltdown inside him if Pep wins the league before him in his own backyard ... he might explode!!! 

14 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

José walked the league with a team that could've imploded at any moment (just as it did last season.)
Longest time at the top of the league? Does anyone remember or are we only picking up the perceived "shit"? Most of all with that average defence and midfield.

A. he built the team ,with good funds, so if it could implode at any moment or its average, its his fault

B. it could only implode like that under a toxic manager with limited adaptibility

I think the whole "he's past his best and is going downhill" narrative being pushed by a few here will come back to bite you.

He may not dominate the league or walk it but I'd still be shocked if he doesn't win a title there within 2 years. Pep and Conte are new to the league and will take time to adapt and learn. Mou is in charge of the richest club and knows the football in England better than anyone else. He's the ultimate pragmatist and knows exactly how to win here.

Even if his ability has deteriorated slightly, with players like Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial etc he'll still be able to challenge for the title.

When was Pogba rubber stamped?

10 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

It's wishful thinking from posters who dislike him. People that blamed Mouirnho and Mourinho alone for our downfall.

Everyone saying (hoping) that it'll go the same way it always has for him at United and that he'll be gone in 2-3 seasons after imploding are wrong in my opinion. There are loads of differences between his previous two employers and United. At Real Madrid and Chelsea he wasn't "The Man." He had to answer to the owner/president and could be told "no." He isn't the most important person at Chelsea or RM.

At United he'll be treated like the messiah or savior. He's now surrounded by yes men like Woodward and who is just as obsessed with Galactico's as Mou is. He's got limitless funds and just about any player he can name their chairman will get him. He won't have Emenalo or whoever getting him the budget versions anymore.

Mourinho will be on the longest leash he's ever been on and it'll take something outrageous to get him sacked. I think he'll be there for quite a while. If things start to stagnate a bit and he goes a season without wining the title they'll simply throw £200m at the problem and go again.

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

A. he built the team ,with good funds, so if it could implode at any moment or its average, its his fault

B. it could only implode like that under a toxic manager with limited adaptibility

Popular beliefs not dissimilar from Baba Yaga or other folk tales.
I've replied to cookie cutter posts such as this innumerable times before.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

When was Pogba rubber stamped?

Every single reputable source is saying Mourinho and United are after him and in discussions with him/his agent. That they're willing to pay a world record fee for him.

Just this morning Mourinho himself said he identified 4 key areas that he wanted to bring in players to fill and that 2 were done (Zlatan, Bailey) the third will be done soon (Mkhitaryan) and they're trying hard for the fourth who everyone knows is Pogba.

Its gonna happen.

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Mourinho will be on the longest leash he's ever been on and it'll take something outrageous to get him sacked. I think he'll be there for quite a while. If things start to stagnate a bit and he goes a season without wining the title they'll simply throw £200m at the problem and go again.

A lot of money to be splashing around if things don't materialise for Jose and United.. and here was me thinking the Glazers had sucked them dry! 

3 minutes ago, chrismada9 said:

A lot of money to be splashing around if things don't materialise for Jose and United.. and here was me thinking the Glazers had sucked them dry! 

They'll just sign an official grass cutting sponsor and an official brick cleaning partner that cleans the outside of Old Trafford that each pay them £50m per year and they'll be fine. :D

Every single reputable source is saying Mourinho and United are after him and in discussions with him/his agent. That they're willing to pay a world record fee for him.

Just this morning Mourinho himself said he identified 4 key areas that he wanted to bring in players to fill and that 2 were done (Zlatan, Bailey) the third will be done soon (Mkhitaryan) and they're trying hard for the fourth who everyone knows is Pogba.

Its gonna happen.

I personally would be shocked if he decided to return to the club that weren't willing to give him a chance (regardless of who the manager was). Mkhitaryan is supposedly going to earn £200k a week, so are they offering Pogba £400k+?

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I personally would be shocked if he decided to return to the club that weren't willing to give him a chance (regardless of who the manager was). Mkhitaryan is supposedly going to earn £200k a week, so are they offering Pogba £400k+?

Probably going to be the highest earning player in the league, yeah.

As with so many great players in the past, when you receive a personal call from Mourinho telling you how special your are and how important he's going to make you, and how he will build his team around you it's hard to turn down.

I would bet that call has already happened.

Probably going to be the highest earning player in the league, yeah.

As with so many great players in the past, when you receive a personal call from Mourinho telling you how special your are and how important he's going to make you, and how he will build his team around you it's hard to turn down.

I would bet that call has already happened.

I don't know if we have any interest in him at all, but I would be inclined to think he would prefer to work with Conte again than Mourinho.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I don't know if we have any interest in him at all, but I would be inclined to think he would prefer to work with Conte again than Mourinho.

That may be so, but unlike United I doubt we'll pay him £300k a week and certainly not a transfer fee of £100m or whatever it'll be.