The Mourinho Thread

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On another note however, with Conte, Pep, Mou, Klopp, Pochettino and Ranieri (I think Leicester will have another great season), potentially a top manager at Everton and maybe Koeman if he strengthens hard enough at Saints to compete with, could next year finally be the year Wenger drops out of top 4?

Watford also got a top manager. 

Let's not forget that West Ham also doing good stuff. 

Totally hard league for everyone. Doubt City or United will walk it. 

But I would take City or United over Liverpool/Arseanl if we can't win it. 

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

But they always make top 4. Can't say the same about Mourinho. 

but pointless seeing as they just go out at the last 16 every year.Reckon next year he'll go

He'll do well at Man U..first 2 seasons anyway who knows about the 3rd..

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On another note however, with Conte, Pep, Mou, Klopp, Pochettino and Ranieri (I think Leicester will have another great season), potentially a top manager at Everton and maybe Koeman if he strengthens hard enough at Saints to compete with, could next year finally be the year Wenger drops out of top 4?

I bet u want him to stay.

5 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Must have got Simeone to rival Jose, Pep and Klopp. Conte is a level bellow it's fair to say. Anyone can win in Italy with that Juve team and "other things".

You might want to check the positions Juventus finished in the table the two seasons prior to his appointment before saying something so absurd.

Just now, Tomo said:

You might want to check the positions Juventus finished in the table the two seasons prior to his appointment before saying something so absurd.

Well. In your own words then. Allegri might be better than Conte. Because he still wins that boring serie a easily and got to the final of cl last year.

Well I'm not angry. I said it before I'm excited. 

I always wanted to see all these top managers managing at EPL. 

I wanted Klopp but can't complain about Conte. Especially the history we have with Italians. Fits good for us. 

The only top manager missing is obviously Simeone, and here me hoping that Bielsa would make my dream come true and come to the PL so we have more top managers in this league. Will be ridicules hard, and I'm loving that! 

Feel bit sorry for LVG.For all his faults this season they only missed out top 4 on goal diff,won a trophy and on the same day got the flick.Harsh not to wait a few days at least..though guess was meant to be announced on Monday and been leaked early but still...

This is the pull of society more than anything. Gone are the days of romance. Now are the days of blockbusters. You can't pass down Manchester rivals being managed by the 2 people whose rivalry is most storied. The amount of money in this is going to be insane. I'm sure there's going to be some rigging now to ensure some big City-United clashes. 

2 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Well. In your own words then. Allegri might be better than Conte. Because he still wins that boring serie a easily and got to the final of cl last year.

Allegri has actually done a good job keeping up the motivation (complacency is a killer in football as we have found out after winning the title last year and 2010) to go again but that's not the point.

Conte took an ailing team and club that were heading fast to midtable (similar to what's happened at AC) and re-energized them, he had Napoli with Cavani, Lavezzi and Milan (just before they declined) with Ibra, Thjago Silva and blew them out of the water.

I hope we replace Jose's status with Di Matteo. That's the guy I want to be considered a legend above all other managers here. Nobody had eyes that smiled like his when we scored.

19 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Must have got Simeone to rival Jose, Pep and Klopp. Conte is a level bellow it's fair to say. Anyone can win in Italy with that Juve team and "other things".

when he took over, it was nothing like that. italy became the one team league because of contes work

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

This is the pull of society more than anything. Gone are the days of romance. Now are the days of blockbusters. You can't pass down Manchester rivals being managed by the 2 people whose rivalry is most storied. The amount of money in this is going to be insane. I'm sure there's going to be some rigging now to ensure some big City-United clashes. 

The two best managers in world football managing two clubs that care nothing about FFP or spending intelligently. They'll have unlimited funds to buy whomever they like.

Meanwhile we're still hearing rumblings from our club that we're going to have to sell a star player or two to fund any incomings to "balance the books." The club are deluded if they think we can compete with not only the two Manchester clubs, but also Arsenal, Spuds, and the smaller clubs who are on the up due to PL money. If they're still scrounging around for cheap deals like they have done over the past couple of transfer windows we won't get close to the top 4 next season.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Poor Mata though :lol: Wonder where he'll go next.

Has become a surplus player, didn't live up to the required standards, rightly shown the door. A move back to Spain would be wise, imo.

Funny how this thread has come back to life again and it's just the beginning, lol.
I think Spike will have a shitload of work to do.

1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

And our fans called Hazard & Cesc the snakes. LOL.

Fucked up our season on purpose, fired Jose for them, still not good enough. Earned it.