The Mourinho Thread

He desperately wants to go to a club with huge history, prestige, and are globally iconic. It's always been romantic to him. He has the largest ego known to man and wants what Fergie had. To go down as a legend for the biggest club there is and be known as someone who put their stamp and left a legacy.

They're the only club left that he can go to that can satisfy his ego. PSG can't offer him any of what he apparently seeks. They're a nothing club and are basically irrelevant outside of Europe.

To be honest, I bet if Fergie phoned him straight away after retiring and asked Josè to be his direct successor he'd have jumped at the chance and never have come back here. He's always had a hard-on for that club and it's his only possible destination.

The cringey, over the top love in this summer and beyond will be unbearable. All of that shit he talked about being "one of us," and how he loved Chelsea and us supporters will be trampled on when he's talking about how he loves Man United and how he's always wanted to be there and blah, blah, blah.

What will be even more infuriating is if he does the things there he always said he'd do here but never did. Play youth, rotate the squad, play attacking football, etc. Also watch him turn into an absolute Saint on the touchline and in press conferences now because he'll want to appear professional and respectful of Manchester United, the darling of the football world.

Makes me ill just thinking of it all. My favorite manager and football personality ever going to a club I despise. Fuck off.

Jose speaks French so it wouldn't be a problem going there straight away. Also somehow methinks that his dig towards PSG, especially that last season when he said that Chelsea have harder training sessions than their last match, was a wind-up.

IMO it's plausible. More than that when you think that he was really pissed off by the lack of quality signings last summer ...

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

He desperately wants to go to a club with huge history, prestige, and are globally iconic. It's always been romantic to him. He has the largest ego known to man and wants what Fergie had. To go down as a legend for the biggest club there is and be known as someone who put their stamp and left a legacy.

They're the only club left that he can go to that can satisfy his ego. PSG can't offer him any of what he apparently seeks. They're a nothing club and are basically irrelevant outside of Europe.

To be honest, I bet if Fergie phoned him straight away after retiring and asked Josè to be his direct successor he'd have jumped at the chance and never have come back here. He's always had a hard-on for that club and it's his only possible destination.

The cringey, over the top love in this summer and beyond will be unbearable. All of that shit he talked about being "one of us," and how he loved Chelsea and us supporters will be trampled on when he's talking about how he loves Man United and how he's always wanted to be there and blah, blah, blah.

What will be even more infuriating is if he does the things there he always said he'd do here but never did. Play youth, rotate the squad, play attacking football, etc. Also watch him turn into an absolute Saint on the touchline and in press conferences now because he'll want to appear professional and respectful of Manchester United, the darling of the football world.

Makes me ill just thinking of it all. My favorite manager and football personality ever going to a club I despise. Fuck off.

That'd make us the mugs for packing him off then

and also it'd make people like you wake up and realise the doctrine of the board pulls the strings rather than the coach

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

When did he say that?

3 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

If this is not another PR stunt by Jorge Mendes to speed up the negociations with Man United and he indeed ends up in Paris instead of United, then it'll be because United did not want him and not the other way around. If someone else thinks he's rejected United for Paris than he is as deluded as Mourinho.

It does sound like a PR stunt. Mourinho's getting desperate.

To be fair, it's a great step for him in trying to rebuild his reputation. A league he can easily walkthrough & in a club where the league won't even be a priority. 

But I'd question how much of the reigns Nasser Al-Khelaifi would be willing to give José, he won't allow the sales of their future stars that he's invested so much into. 

Pelegrini just started iheanacho in a semi-final of CL against one of the 3 best teams in the world.

I can bet everything I own that in a case where we had matic, cesc, mikel injured, Jose would have started with Azpilicueta-zouma as a midfield pairing or even Oscar as a DM than give a shot to RLC.

That would have been the ultimate Jose thing to do.

2 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Pelegrini just started iheanacho in a semi-final of CL against one of the 3 best teams in the world.

I can bet everything I own that in a case where we had matic, cesc, mikel injured, Jose would have started with Azpilicueta-zouma as a midfield pairing or even Oscar as a DM than give a shot to RLC.

That would have been the ultimate Jose thing to do.

Iheanacho came as a substitute because of Silva's injury, not started. As for Mourinho, he started 19-years-old Carlos Alberto in Champions League final. Last season he started 20-years-old Zouma in League Cup Final. Oh, and Loftus-Cheek played more minutes in Champions League this season than Iheanacho.

17 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Iheanacho came as a substitute because of Silva's injury, not started. As for Mourinho, he started 19-years-old Carlos Alberto in Champions League final. Last season he started 20-years-old Zouma in League Cup Final. Oh, and Loftus-Cheek played more minutes in Champions League this season than Iheanacho.

Zouma is a multi-million pound buy. 12 million pounds to be EXACT. How can he even be compared to Iheanacho? City have Bony, and yet chose to play Iheanacho.

Carlos Albrerto was another Multi Million signing. How can these be compared to "YOUTH PLAYERS". the point is not 20 year old "YOUNG PLAYERS" but academy products.

RLC has more minutes in CL and in which game. Against the Maccabi TEL AVIV (with all due respect) whose level was no better than aston villa's. 

So please, lets not try to defend the un-defensible. 

59 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

Zouma is a multi-million pound buy. 12 million pounds to be EXACT. How can he even be compared to Iheanacho? City have Bony, and yet chose to play Iheanacho.

Carlos Albrerto was another Multi Million signing. How can these be compared to "YOUTH PLAYERS". the point is not 20 year old "YOUNG PLAYERS" but academy products.

RLC has more minutes in CL and in which game. Against the Maccabi TEL AVIV (with all due respect) whose level was no better than aston villa's. 

So please, lets not try to defend the un-defensible. 

Iheanacho joined Man City when he was 18-years-old and overall he costed around €1,000,000. A bit exaggerated to call him theirs Academy product, even if he played a few games for them. And, once again, he didn't started yesterday.

You want example of Mourinho started young academy product in important game? 18-years-old Davide Santon started for Internazionale in both games against Manchester United to mark Cristiano Ronaldo. He also started 18-y-o Balotelli in one of these two games. At Real Madrid he started Morata against Barcelona.

I'm not saying that Mourinho is example of manager who gives a lot of game time to many young players (we know it's not true), but attempts to beat him with Pellegrini/Iheanacho example is an absurd.

1 hour ago, pHaRaOn said:

Iheanacho joined Man City when he was 18-years-old and overall he costed around €1,000,000. A bit exaggerated to call him theirs Academy product, even if he played a few games for them. And, once again, he didn't started yesterday.

You want example of Mourinho started young academy product in important game? 18-years-old Davide Santon started for Internazionale in both games against Manchester United to mark Cristiano Ronaldo. He also started 18-y-o Balotelli in one of these two games. At Real Madrid he started Morata against Barcelona.

I'm not saying that Mourinho is example of manager who gives a lot of game time to many young players (we know it's not true), but attempts to beat him with Pellegrini/Iheanacho example is an absurd.

Iheanacho joined City in Jan 2014, as a 17 year old. For a fee of "maybe" about 250,000 pounds. Any Young player that is "bought" from the parent has to be paid a nominal fee for the care of the player. This was the nominal fee. For 2 years, he has stayed with city not on loan and now he has been given his chances by a maneger who trusts youth. We did not develop Zouma, we bought him for 12 million pounds. And if people are willing to call ryan bertrand as a chelsea academy product, then why is not Iheanacho a city academy product? They were bought for the same fee, at around the same age. And while we loaned out bertrand for aorund 5 years, City and pelegrini had the balls of trusting an 18/19 year old. 

Fair enough about santone, but thats one example in how many years. And more precisely, there are 2 Joses. The pre RM jose and the post RM jose. The jose of the 2nd tenure was an average outdated manager who has cost us some absolute gems. As for Balotelli, he was already a prominent feature in the inter squad scoring a brace in 2007 against Juve. By the way, if iheanacho is not a city academy product, I simply cant contemplate how balotelli is Inter's. 

This was mainly a reply to a particular poster who i have seen belittling pelegrini's youth policy time and again, despite us having to use multi million signings like Zouma, baba, kenedy as "youth". I mean is not leicester's total budget as much as the sum of the price of those 3 players.