The Mourinho Thread

3 hours ago, Essien19 said:

He introduced Morata, so i think Rashford will be fine. Maybe it's game over for Lingard, but the boy hasn't been great. Pereira could be a gem and loss, maybe.
I don't think Jose over the years has been that bad, read this article. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/13/jose-mourinho-trying-to-crush-the-belief-he-cannot-develop-young/

with possibly zlatan, rooney who he always wanted to work with, and £50m+ martial, I just don't see many chances for rashford. unless they play 442, which would anger me, as we could have tried it this season, to get out of the rut.

1 hour ago, lucio said:

with possibly zlatan, rooney who he always wanted to work with, and £50m+ martial, I just don't see many chances for rashford. unless they play 442, which would anger me, as we could have tried it this season, to get out of the rut.

I think Martial is nailed on the wing, Rooney could play in midfield or as a second striker, that leaves you with Rashford and Zlatan/Mr.X(Higuain)?

Mourinho has to make up for what happened with De Bruyne/Lukaku at Chelsea, the public sees that some serious talent got away, young players, and that's bad for his reputation,
no matter what you think of him. Mourinho showed before Chelsea (Zouma) that he can do it, so this time he better nurtures some young guys.
I think Rashford has got what it takes to become a star, if he behaves properly, i think Mourinho can get the best out of him.
Yeah, pure speculation. :)

Two up front would be interesting, i also hope that Chelsea would be up for it, but then we need better crosses, imo.
I like how Bayern sets up with Lewandwoski and Muller, both are world class and scoring for fun.

Can't wait for this. He will go there but once Pep gets into his head and things start going the wrong way, he will lose it. He'll try to beat Pep as soon as possible and in doing so he'll sacrifice the future of that club. United will be the end of Mourinho. By the end of his time there, United will be in a worse position than they are now. 

11 hours ago, Essien19 said:

I think Martial is nailed on the wing, Rooney could play in midfield or as a second striker, that leaves you with Rashford and Zlatan/Mr.X(Higuain)?

Mourinho has to make up for what happened with De Bruyne/Lukaku at Chelsea, the public sees that some serious talent got away, young players, and that's bad for his reputation,
no matter what you think of him. Mourinho showed before Chelsea (Zouma) that he can do it, so this time he better nurtures some young guys.
I think Rashford has got what it takes to become a star, if he behaves properly, i think Mourinho can get the best out of him.
Yeah, pure speculation. :)

Two up front would be interesting, i also hope that Chelsea would be up for it, but then we need better crosses, imo.
I like how Bayern sets up with Lewandwoski and Muller, both are world class and scoring for fun.

leicester and atletico use 2 up top  i think. no coincidence they are doing well

2 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Can't wait for this. He will go there but once Pep gets into his head and things start going the wrong way, he will lose it. He'll try to beat Pep as soon as possible and in doing so he'll sacrifice the future of that club. United will be the end of Mourinho. By the end of his time there, United will be in a worse position than they are now. 

It's very unpleasant for Pep too, remember how he cried about it back in Spain.
Mourinho didn't leave behind the best impression, some things went wrong, but after all he knows how the circus works, i think a lot of what he's saying is just for show. He'll sacrifice the future?!
Jose guarantees you titles and that's what this is all about, imo, United didn't win a thing since 2013 and that's a big problem for England's biggest club, bigger than some money in the bank or seeing the likes of Lingard and others in the lineup at any price.
Mourinho had problems with KdB, so did Ferguson with Pogba, it happens, i can't work with everyone,
so i cut him some slack! :)

The best thing in life's that it always continues, okay, he fucks up (in my view unlikely, but possible), he can still manage a national side or take on a smaller club. Even Ranieri got a job after all the things that went bad in the recent years.
Cancer would definitely end Jose's career, everything else isn't the end, but let's see what this man does, i for one can't wait too,
i can see titles...

Even some Arsenal fans would take him instead of Wenger, that really tells you something. He isn't that bad after all, is he?!

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

SSN Breaking News...PSG approach JM about taking over this summer.

Well Jose will only go there if there are no better options (like Manutd or Madrid) because it would be too boring for him..

19 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Well Jose will only go there if there are no better options (like Manutd or Madrid) because it would be too boring for him..

On the other hand he will be given a blank cheque and could focus completely on the CL and make history by winning the thing with 3 teams. Must be tempting.

I reckon he will take the PSG job...shit load of money..winning a league title in france..Chance of winning 3rd CL...one of the elite sides in europe desperate to win CL with unlimited transfer budget...He might make hazard  as his transfer target..

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

On the other hand he will be given a blank cheque and could focus completely on the CL and make history by winning the thing with 3 teams. Must be tempting.

If Manutd offer him a contract there are no even discussion where he is going.

No chance he goes to PSG. I think this is Mendes and José getting highly annoyed that both City and Chelsea have announced their next manager already and United have been silent. 

He admitted that he was bored as hell in Spain because of the quality of the other teams outside the top 3. There's no way he'd go to an even more uncompetitive league where he'd walk to the title by 40 points. He'll then feel like he's wasted an entire year of his life if he doesn't win the CL.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

No chance he goes to PSG. I think this is Mendes and José getting highly annoyed that both City and Chelsea have announced their next manager already and United have been silent. 

He admitted that he was bored as hell in Spain because of the quality of the other teams outside the top 3. There's no way he'd go to an even more uncompetitive league where he'd walk to the title by 40 points. He'll then feel like he's wasted an entire year of his life if he doesn't win the CL.

If United does not offer him the job there is every chance of him going to PSG

10 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

If United does not offer him the job there is every chance of him going to PSG

Okay, I'll rephrase what I said. If he has no other options he'll go to PSG. 

What options does he realistically have though that fit his criteria? Every other league but England is pretty much monopolized and would bore him. A return to Italy? He has good relationship with Moratti, why not. It would be a challenge to compete with Juventus, Roma and Napoli and make Inter relevant again.

Manchester United - In doubt, there are talks of LVG continuing until the end of his contract and in addition there have been reports that the higher ups aren't fans of Jose's methods. Moratti's sister seemingly already said he's going to United, maybe prematurely?

Manchester City - Pep. Not happening.

Real Madrid - No. Admitted Spain was boring and no way would they humiliate Zidane this way, he's been doing well. He wasn't happy or loved there, doubt he would want to return either way.

Barcelona - Hell no. Both parties would need to swallow a lot of pride to work together, don't see it happening. Completely opposite footballing philosophies make it an unlikely pairing, Barca won't crap on Cruyff's legacy like that.

Bayern - Already appointed a new manager. Not a competitive league.

PSG - Possible, but Jose has criticized the league before. However, he might not have many options.

Arsenal - Would require a shock Wenger exit in the summer. Possible, but not likely. If I was Arsenal, I would do it in a heartbeat though, Wenger is outdated.

Inter - Mancini isn't doing a good job, so it is another possibility. Jose loves the club and holds them in high regard, return wouldn't be surprising.

What else is there left? It seems that it's gonna be one of Man United, PSG or Inter. Anything else would be a surprise. No doubt United is his nr. 1 preference, he's probably waiting until he gets something concrete from them, then will look elsewhere.

Hahah now closer to PSG after talking a lot of trash about French league and that dig at Guardiola in which he said that "some choose clubs in certain countries where even the kit man could win the league as a coach". Haha 

If this is not another PR stunt by Jorge Mendes to speed up the negociations with Man United and he indeed ends up in Paris instead of United, then it'll be because United did not want him and not the other way around. If someone else thinks he's rejected United for Paris than he is as deluded as Mourinho.