• Remy
    • Falcao (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one for post game drama as I usually get all my rage and frustration out during the match. So apologies if the next few points look out of place:

1- Newcastle are not "a terrible side". At least they were not to day. They played and fought out a very good game. They were very organized, had a game plan and implemented it.

2- This is not a 'shocking' or 'awful' result. This is actually a point better than we've done at St. James Park in recent seasons. But yes, we should have won.

3- Yes there were poor individual performances, especially in the first half but the main issue was clearly tactical hence why we only actually looked like scoring after Ramires came on.

4- Newcastle always beat us by overpowering us in central midfield. I even said so in the prematch thread. We failed to properly prepare for that for which Jose is to blame.

5- Cesc was beyond atrocious but he was always going to be with how Newcastle play against us. He should never have started in the first place.

6- Stop scapegoating Ivanovic. I was the only one pointing out his faults when everyone was looking past them because of his goals. But today he wasn't even among our worst performers. First goal was not his fault, Zouma made a mess of it.

7- Finally, ref was terrible and every 50-50 seemed to go their way which for me is even more frustrating than having a major call wrongly go against you.

I'm not one for post game drama as I usually get all my rage and frustration out during the match. So apologies if the next few points look out of place:

1- Newcastle are not "a terrible side". At least they were not to day. They played and fought out a very good game. They were very organized, had a game plan and implemented it.

On that point, Newcastle haven't actually been that bad against the big sides - they drew 0-0 at Man United and lost only 1-0 to Arsenal with 10 men.

But of course, that's not an excuse for our poor performance and just watch them ship 5 goals next week at Man City.

On that point, Newcastle haven't actually been that bad against the big sides - they drew 0-0 at Man United and lost only 1-0 to Arsenal with 10 men.

But of course, that's not an excuse for our poor performance and just watch them ship 5 goals next week at Man City.

you can bet your house on it, they play the game of their lives against us ( we were crap most of the game anyway) and spread their legs vs City, it´s bound to happen unless Newcastle pull off a major upset, they do need the points, so it can happen, nothing is certain anymore in the PL. As always we never take advantage of other teams slip ups.

They most likely will. And not because there is some kind of conspiracy. The way Newcastle play, they always play with physical box to box midfielders and manage to out-power us in midfield because we play a double pivot with one defensive midfielder and another more attacking usually 'lighter' partner. However they cannot over-power a midfield of Fernando Fernandinho and Toure.

long as we don't do the same against Southampton

Nah they haven't done bad and have been unlucky.today was another example.Not that complaining however..

They most likely will. And not because there is some kind of conspiracy. The way Newcastle play, they always play with physical box to box midfielders and manage to out-power us in midfield because we play a double pivot with one defensive midfielder and another more attacking usually 'lighter' partner. However they cannot over-power a midfield of Fernando Fernandinho and Toure.

That is the reason Everton beat us so easily but lost to City. City can easily compete with them physically which is what they did and thus won the game.

My memory is clearly very poor but as far as I am concerned I never for once had any kind of confidence when we went a goal down for quiet some time now.

And I can't seem to recollect a result where we came from a goal or 2 down to win a match ?

Off the top of my head game one v Burnley and then against Loserpool when Can scored first. My memory isn't what it used to be either though.

Iva is like cliche here, he did nothing wrong but u still criticize him. Fabregas and Matic were really really poor in defensive side.

First half costed us. too many mistakes. end of story.

He did not do anything productive when going forward,he still got beat several times in the defense.He deserves to be criticized like any other player that had a bad performance today.

My memory is clearly very poor but as far as I am concerned I never for once had any kind of confidence when we went a goal down for quiet some time now.

And I can't seem to recollect a result where we came from a goal or 2 down to win a match ?

Off the top of my head game one v Burnley and then against Loserpool when Can scored first. My memory isn't what it used to be either though.

Leicester away and Swansea at home also.

That is the reason Everton beat us so easily but lost to City. City can easily compete with them physically which is what they did and thus won the game.

That is why RLC should have played against them.Matic and RLC would complement each other perfectely and we would have outmuscled them easily,but Mou still sees a baby in RLC,even though RLC is one of the strongest players we have in our squad.Mentally,he is also ready.

I almost, ALMOST hit my breaking point during that match.

Some of our boys need a massive kick up the ass. The effort, commitment, and attitude are disgraceful from all but Begovic and 3/4th's of our back line. Ivanovic is clearly trying but he's simply shot so I'm done wasting my anger at him. It's Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Matic, and everyone else in our attack that I'm livid with.

I'm going to reluctantly single out Cesc most of all. He looks like a bloody 40 year old out there. The misplaced passes, the lack of pace, and nearly non exsistent defensive cover are super annoying but FOR FUCKS SAKE I can't stand when he has the ball and dwells on it for ages allowing someone to nick it from behind. He was my favorite player in our team last season and he now looks like a shell of the player that was a revelation in the first half of the season. Will he ever rediscover that form or has he just burnt out and been figured out?

Looking at the table is depressing as fuck. Seeing United miles ahead of us and topping the league after finishing 17 points ahead of them last season is utterly sickening. We're looking at a dogfight with Spuds and Liverpool for that 4th spot at this rate.