Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

No way Hazard doesn't start against Arsenal with Willian and Pedro out. Ramires doesn't have the creativity on the right, so we'll need that on the left, even if he's not performing, it's a risk that needs to be taken.

Yeah, but he shouldn't and if Ramires plays on the right over Traore I will be upset.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RLC should start IMO, not sure about Baba though. He was very good in attack, but still made some defensive errors and only played 1 match for us.

It would be a massive massive statement for Mourinho to drop Terry/Ivanovic or both this match. He isn't a person that drops his veterans easily, and once you're dropped, it's not easy to get back into the team if you're 30+, it's pretty much definitive. See Ashley Cole, Lampard, Essien, Cech, Iker, Carvalho (Real time). That's why he's taking this long for this decision, as he hasn't predicted that the decline would be so huge for both players. (he even made Ivanovic vice captain)

Zouma-Cahill-JT-Azpi would be a massive statement, it's pretty much a goodbye to Ivanovic, at least as a starting RB for important matches.

I'd go with this line up: (4-3-3)

Begovic
Zouma - Gary - JT - Azpi
RLC/Ramires - Matic - Cesc (or Cesc as #10 in the 4-2-3-1)
Oscar/Remy - Costa - Eden

Cahill was outstanding the last game, he should start.
Ramires for more experience, RLC for better football overall.
Oscar for more passing fluency and pressing, or Remy for more directness and pace on the wing.
Cesc is back with a good game, an assist and goal, Diego back with a goal, both are ready to start.

Eden is feeling the pressure now, Cesc woke up, Diego woke up, Matic woke up, Oscar is back and took his penalty. Eden is a kind of guy that needs this pressure to wake up, he needs competition. We saw this towards the end of the game, he was chasing the goal, he will get this vs Arsenal.

If Mourinho wants to continue changing this team... Then go all in.

No Pedro, no Willian. Ok. Oscar was good. RLC was good. But RLC can't play as a DMF in a big game, or ever if you ask me. So play him alongside Matić. What about Fabregas? Play him too. Yes, put Oscar on wing, we played with Willi on wing who isn't natural winger too, Oscar is fast enough.

And provide width with Baba and Azpi on full-backs.

One can dream.

Jose Mourinho reports Willian is out of Arsenal game but every other player is selected for the squad, but there are some doubts. #CFC

Included in the fitness doubts are Pedro, Willian and Oscar. #CFC

Jose re-emphasises he liked the team's performance on Wednesday v Maccabi Tel Aviv. #CFC

Jose says no criticism from him about the performances of Branislav Ivanovic. He doesn't separate individuals from team displays. #CFC

Jose wants to isolate this game against Arsenal from all other contexts. Chelsea's record v Arsenal and the Shield match don't matter. #CFC

Jose says Petr Cech is an opponent until the end of the game. After that, if he wants to come to CFC dressing room, the door is open. #CFC

Jose says media always look for drama stories when a team loses matches, but he says the effect of loss of confidence is the reality. #CFC

Jose says Eden Hazard is still the penalty taker, and he is the best player playing in England. #CFC

Jose says that soon Eden Hazard will be a man of the match again. #CFC

Jose says he has total confidence in John Terry and he is one of his men. Being on the bench one game doesn't change anything. #CFC

Jose says pundits can criticises him for his decsions, but not for his relationship with his players, as there are zero problems. #CFC

Jose says he prefers early Saturday kick-offs than late evening games on Sunday, like he had in Spain and Italy. #CFC

Jose emphasises that Oscar is a good player and is important against defensive sides as he is so creative. #CFC

I would hope we go back to "Park the Bus" in the first half ... get the disciple and the organisation right more important get into a zone which is very familiar for us ... based on the first half tackle the second half...

Losing Willian would be a big blow for us at this stage ...

We cannot afford to lose this game, no matter what ...

If not Baba, I'd rather play Djilo on the left in a defensive role instead of playing Ivanovic. Ivanovic is a target, and he's extremely hard to miss.

Based on current form, Id rather bring Cuadrado back from loan and play him at RB ahead of Iva.

Based on current form, Id rather bring Cuadrado back from loan and play him at RB ahead of Iva.

Why bother when we have Action Man Ramires representing Chelsea blue.

Zouma on the right, Azpi on the right with either Baba, Djilo on the left. President Kenedy even. Anyone but Ivanovic.

I'm sure he'll improve with time but the man is playing with a Pass Me sign on his back at the moment. The need to eventually replace him has been evident for years. His decline is not a surprise and should've been dealt with.

Good news is that I have a feeling Pedro will start. Bad news is that Ivanovic probably will too.

Think it'll be what José would consider our "best" team:

-----------------Costa-----------------

Hazard-------Oscar--------Pedro

-------Cesc----------Matic--------

Azpi-----Terry-----Cahill-----Iva

No chance he starts RLC for such a hugely important match in my opinion. Also wouldn't be surprised at all if he simply tries to kill the game from the start by playing Ramires or Mikel. That would piss me off to be honest.