Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

If Jose doesn't think Baba is ready and also believes Iva is not good enough then I would play Zouma at LB and Azpi at RB. If Kenedy is fit..

Kenedy Oscar Remy

And Pedro makes a bench appearance later.

I really want RLC to start but I reckon Jose will give him 20-30 mins towards the end. I expect Hazard to start but he doesn't really deserve to. It will just make his burnout worse.

Also think Cahill-Terry will return, with Zouma tucking in Azpi style next to Terry.

3-0. Costa, Oscar FK, Terry header

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard really isn't suffering from burn out, he's low on confidence. When your best player is low on confidence you play him into form. Can't believe people want him dropped.

Rested is the more correct term for my pov skip, he just looks knackered, give him a rest and he'll come back fresh.

Devil's advocat here but I really don't know if I wouldn't trust Ivanovic, Fabregas and Ramires in that game. We don't know if Pedro is available, I think he is since Jose didn't want to give definite answer like 2 days ago. Why shouldn't he when Pedro's availability CHANGE SO MUCH how the team shape, it's quite staggering.

Assuming he's not though I think we should pack midfield up with Matic, Fabregas, RLC/Ramires and Oscar (playing as RW, sort of). At least we know we don't loose midfield battle in this shape. Though width should provide full-backs and I can't fully trust Baba yet. Yes, Ivanovic is in terrible form but Baba is not fully-match fit IMO. I like what I saw of him but he will leave gaps. But if we pack midfield up with 4 players they should be able to cover for him. That's perfectly reasonable ... if that was trained before. Was it ? Was not ?

sadly that's exactly what Jose will do. He will put Ramirez to cover for Branislav. He did this against Everton with Mikel and our creativity suffered. :(

Better than Ivanovic on current form is not really saying much. Still was rather average and got exposed against the worst side we've played against in years. If I were Jose I'd still start Iva in the hope he remembers that he's a defender for Chelsea FC. I'm actually pretty confident that that's what Jose will do.

You obviously haven't seen Iva play recently. Iva poor form started in pre season. It should be noted that everytime he plays we concede.

Baba plays well in mid week and we keep our first clean sheet and you deride the player. What are you watching? Play Iva if you fancy conceding goals. Last week he couldn't handle an average player like Naismith This week he'd have to handle Sanchez. On current form no chance of being able to even live with Sanchez.

You obviously haven't seen Iva play recently. Iva poor form started in pre season. It should be noted that everytime he plays we concede.

Baba plays well in mid week and we keep our first clean sheet and you deride the player. What are you watching? Play Iva if you fancy conceding goals. Last week he couldn't handle an average player like Naismith This week he'd have to handle Sanchez. On current form no chance of being able to even live with Sanchez.

Hello. I couldn't help but notice that your posts did not exactly address the particular points I was raising. But thank you for your needlessly aggressive post. You'll no doubt fit right in here at TalkChelsea :D

If I see that line up tomorrow I think instead of taking my seat for the match, I will climb to the top of Stamford Bridge and make a jump and commit suicide.

And why is that ... because u dont like the idea of having Ramiers playing as RB or Ivan as CB ... Thoughts?

P.S. What is the point in u committing the suicide before the match ... Instead see this team get a point and then jump, atleast you wouldnt come back to haunt me :P

And why is that ... because u dont like the idea of having Ramiers playing as RB or Ivan as CB ... Thoughts?

P.S. What is the point in u committing the suicide before the match ... Instead see this team get a point and then jump, atleast you wouldnt come back to haunt me :P

Just seeing Zouma in DM scares me. This is a game we need to win more than them. Zouma is not a technical player and having him in DM makes no sense for me. I will be annoyed with a point unless it is in exceptional circumstances like the Swansea game. We need to lay a marker today.