• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)

fucking made my morning woke up to see chelsea 2-0 Arsenal, that jolted me up from sleep. I thought it was a late match.

Finally a win and that too over Arsenal. I haven't watched the match yet but i would like to know how we played I know people are basking in this victory.

I just wanted to know that we played better football. Because of the poor start to the season people now are again not worried about how we play as long as it is a victory (which quiet frankly, even I am in that state of mind) but I want to know the team is improving the football that we play be it even the smallest aspect :D

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oscar's sloppy passes were mostly in and around the arsenal D. take out cesc's "useless" sideways passes that took our game no where yet gave the impression of him "controlling" the mid, and the stats would be fun to watch. or rather, i would like to see how many of his misplaced passes were exactly which part of the pitch.

zouma had a good game, nothing more. MOTM in the general sense that he scored and changed the game, yes. but in overall play, it was oscar for me, hands down and i dont like him either but i can say so without much problem.

Not at all. Oscar's misplaced passes mostly actually happened in the centre of the game at around the half way line.

Carry on hating Cesc for no reason though. Those not blinkered by unnecessary hate will appreciate that he had a good game today.

How is not an official match? It's an official match in every other country. League winner vs Cup winner to kick off the season. A goal will count in a player's season total.

Unless the rules are different in England. How certain people view a match is irrelevant.

No, it isn't an official match. Have seen other countries not regarding it as a competitive match. It's just a (glorified) friendly, nothing more.

We dont just win against arsenal. We do it in fucking style haha :D

Great victory, many positives, but our attack is still poor as fuck. They were one and then two down and we still couldnt break them. They gave us all time in the world even when 11vs11, put little pressure on Cesc or Matic, and yet we couldnt find our way through. Cesc is alot better when we dominate/play against parked bus tho. As for the rest, not so much. There is little connection and runs between players, but hopefuly we improve.

However Iva put great performance, that is kinda miracle itself so I wont complain about today anymore.

We outplayed them after the first 10mins. So he controlled the midfield from 10 to 40 odd when they went down to 10 men. Chill out and stop being so negative.

i am not being negative. he had one great pass in that time (10 to 40) - pedro chance.

arsenal were a massive threat (ramsey chance which he for some reason decided not to shoot) or the number of times walcott could have got behind but his runs were way off or we held a good line.

arsenal gave the space in mid. its like people saying herrera "controlled" the mid when united came to the bridge towards the end of the season. technically yes, but how many chances did he create. same for cesc.

Not at all. Oscar's misplaced passes mostly actually happened in the centre of the game at around the half way line.

Carry on hating Cesc for no reason though. Those not blinkered by unnecessary hate will appreciate that he had a good game today.

no no. he had a greeeaaattt game. put in willian instead of oscar and i would love to watch how this game would have panned out on some of the loss of possessions that cesc had.

Im usualy very critical of Cesc, but thought he did realy nice job today. That said, he wasnt pressed at all, arsenal gave him all the time and space in the world.

no no. he had a greeeaaattt game. put in willian instead of oscar and i would love to watch how this game would have panned out on some of the loss of possessions that cesc had.

I said that Oscar had a good game too, in the match thread I was even agreeing with how Oscar's selection seems to bring out the best in Fabregas. I really don't know what you're trying to say exactly.

how many passes did he misplace? how many simple through balls like that one on the counter did he misplace? i am sorry, but getting an assist on a set piece barely shows a "good performance". him and costa were both poor. the number of times we had the ball in and around the box, and costa tried to "fake" his way through while cesc tried to walk the ball into the net amid 6/7 other arsenal players was hardly any fun to watch.

87 passes

10 long balls 6 successful

86%

Not bad at all...

No, it isn't an official match. Have seen other countries not regarding it as a competitive match. It's just a (glorified) friendly, nothing more.

So the Supercup is an official trophy, included in a club's trophy cabinet, but it's not an official match. Hmm...

Im usualy very critical of Cesc, but thought he did realy nice job today. That said, he wasnt pressed at all, arsenal gave him all the time and space in the world.

Thank you. On the not being pressed bit I wholeheartedly agree, but before he wasn't even playing well irregardless of that so I'm happy he's stepping it up.

Are you reading DF? BlueLyon is probably Fabregas' biggest critic on here, yet he still sees what you can't.

I said that Oscar had a good game too, in the match thread I was even agreeing with how Oscar's selection seems to bring out the best in Fabregas. I really don't know what you're trying to say exactly.

what i am trying to say is that, oscar covered for most of cesc's defensive liabilities which includes losing the ball and making the team prone to counters.

I was at first moaning because Mourinho put Ivanovic back to RB, the worse thing in my opinion he had done for the match.

However Costa did try to cause mayhem on the pitch but personally I don't believe he did try to put his hands in the arsenal's defenders face but trying to get the ball safe ready to back pass or run with, or to keep his balance but hey he did deserve a yellow.

Then the Arsenal defender again deserved the other yellow and then red (he should have just left it and walked away but then this is arsenal :]), and then Zouma with the header was fantastic.

Second red card for Arsenal and then we should have got 4 nil :P but 2 - 0 is good enough for me roll on the next game.

87 passes

10 long balls 6 successful

86%

Not bad at all...

so basically 100 passes, out of which i would say 1 brilliant pass to pedro, 1 assist to zouma and...... not really sure about the rest. there seem to be 6/7 missed passes, i would love to see where these were, what area of the pitch and how prone we normally become in those scenarios.

so basically 100 passes, out of which i would say 1 brilliant pass to pedro, 1 assist to zouma and...... not really sure about the rest. there seem to be 6/7 missed passes, i would love to see where these were, what area of the pitch and how prone we normally become in those scenarios.

DUDE WE WON. He had a decent game, why are you still moaning. Jesus christ.