• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)

True. On the other hand, why wouldn't he? The fans cheer him, the manager praises him (and probably instructs him to do exactly what he does), the referees don't punish him.

and soon the roof will fall in .. He is an accident waiting to happen ..members on here were calling for him to to be subbed long before he was . HE COULD have

been sent off three times .. Well there were at least 3 times he could / should have been sent off .. Notice my dementia hasn't set in FB

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we have gained extra 3 points today but we started the weekend in 16th and could still end it in 16th. It feels a tad depressing in some ways.

No worries, it's only the 6th game of the season. In my opinion, only after the 10th game you can see how things are for real. If by then we are in the top 4, no more than 5 points behind the leader, then I'd say that we're good. And I am sure that this will be the case.

No worries, it's only the 6th game of the season. In my opinion, only after the 10th game you can see how things are for real. If by then we are in the top 4, no more than 5 points behind the leader, then I'd say that we're good. And I am sure that this will be the case.

I know but I just dislike the number on our left in the league table right now. It's 'ugly'! :readthemessage::rant:

It reminds me when we beat those tosspots in the 2004 Champions League. The next day i was still drunk and in the local with my mates. The London news came on with a report on the game. The woman in the studio was partially blocking some of the banner headline so what it said was Sunken Arse. Cue raucous laughter from all us Chelsea boys. The icing on the cake after a brilliant night.

It was sweet. Today I am almost as pleased, just as they were 'Bridged' then, the way they were Costa'd today is superb. Their fans are spitting blood :D

It was sweet. Today I am almost as pleased, just as they were 'Bridged' then, the way they were Costa'd today is superb. Their fans are spitting blood :D

What i hate about Arsenal fans is i meet so many i knew as kids who never supported a team. Meet them now and there all Gooners to a man and swear blind they always were. In the mid 90's just as football was getting a bigger audience especially in the boozers two sets of new fans emerged. All in there 30's and they either supported Man United or Arsenal.

What i hate about Arsenal fans is i meet so many i knew as kids who never supported a team. Meet them now and there all Gooners to a man and swear blind they always were. In the mid 90's just as football was getting a bigger audience especially in the boozers two sets of new fans emerged. All in there 30's and they either supported Man United or Arsenal.

Yup -and we never beat them :D As you say it all changed after that CL Bridge goal, and then Drogs bullied their defence every game.

Another thing, its very odd how only Arse fans seem to wear replica shirts over jumpers

Well, there was some comforting in the match today.

I think we improved considerably, but still far from the level required and that we should be playing.

But honestly, is it realistic to expect us to move from one extreme to the next in a couple of matches?

It took vacation time, pre-season and a few matches for us to reach bottom rock after we kept worsening in the calendar year, so I suppose climbing the mountain back where we belong it'll take some time - but also some changes.

We overachieved last season in the last few months with our easily exposed defense. We won't be able to do it again because once you get caught it's really hard to overachieve again. I think ever since the season started our problems were maximized by players being really crappy and showing no spirit and Mourinho insisting on the same old tricks. There have been some early changes on both instances and both still have a long way to go. But the signs to do the required changes are there imo.

Cesc is my MOTM. For me to give it to Zouma it would mean Arsenal actually threatened us and we handled them, which I didn't feel was the case. Their best opportunities - if you can call them that - came after they were down to 10, so the problem wasn't playing with one less player, but Wenger, as usual.

That doesn't mean Kurt wasn't very good, I'm a big fan of Mr. Happy and I think he's the future. José declarations that JT didn't play just because we desperately needed the victory is just him being smart and trying to take away ammunition from media to drag us in some negative reports again after a very positive week. He's smart, he knows they'll try to pick anything negative and blow it out of proportion and their only targets this week could have been Terry and Costa - which is why Mourinho said what he did on both players imo. He's trying to minimize their attempt to try to stretch our crisis beyond itself.

That said, there's a lot to be fixed yet and I believe we'll be fine in a few weeks. Hazard, Cesc, Matic and Azpilicueta all played much better than they have been. Even Ivanovic was better and if he reacts positively to being really threatened by José, and actually cuts off the atrocities from his defensive game, I'll try to endure him another season.

More than the slight quality improvement we showed, we needed this result, we need to start piling up wins not to aim the title (I really don't believe we'll compete for the title because City is just superior imo and are very suited to play EPL - the same way they're very much unsuited to play UCL, lol), but for us to boost our confidence enough to show our quality. Yes, we need quality boost as Henrique said, I just disagree that we don't need confidence. Confidence is the enabler to our quality improvement.

We got caught in our tactical and technical limitations, but when all your players except your keepers are playing very badly, when you're making a lot more mistakes than you usually do and running without the luck we had on our side, we look as catastrophic as did until last week. I think it's a long way until we're at the top again, but several small steps were taken today. I was content with our linkup in general in the first half, and the only reason we looked uninspired is because although the players improved a lot, they're still sloppy.

Still a long way to go...

And we have to also hope United and Arse drop points as well.

While I'm not 100% happy with what happened today, a win's a win. 3 points in the bag and beaten my most hated team. :)

A win's a win LOL. I knew it wouldn't take you long to contradict yourself. In the Costa thread you are talking about morals and then here you are saying a win's a win. Oh dear.