• Pedro
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)

shit performance, great result.

bego - barely tested and when did, he was upto the mark.

iva - good performance. stuck close to sanchez and fouled him on every occasion that he looked to be turning. decent performance but we cant have 2 defensive full backs playing against the likes of whu, wba, stoke, etc etc. and when the winger is running at him, he looks poor.

zouma - brilliant display and that tackle... wow... good goal too.

GC - another brilliant performance except for when he lost the ball and the confusion between him and zouma.

azpi - azpi-esque performance. enough said.

matic - quite good. broke a lot of arsenal's attacks. but too slow in possesion.

cesc - someone told me he was a "world class" passer. he is so shit, i actually cant believe he is one of the first names on the team sheet considering the fact he is never dropped. how could he have not been able to play costa thru on that counter. unfucking believable. plus if its upto him. we should walk the ball into the net or something. absolutely atrocious.

oscar - MOTM for me. defensively brilliant. good in attack though lost the ball a couple of times in dangerous positions. nonetheless, quite a brilliant performance.

hazard - started the match so poorly. but got into the game. that shot was awesome which was saved by cech. all in all, hopefully, he gets to his best.

pedro - decent. though needs to work on his shooting.

costa - awful. absolutely awful. could and should have been red carded. his "link up play" was awesome again. cant count the number of times he lost the ball in brilliant positions. his "fakes" are so slow and ponderous that its almost laughable to look at.

we were lucky today. nothing else. this game does not solve anything. all our problems are still there. and teams will exploit them time and again.

Fabregas was good today...one misplaced pass on a counter does not make him shit...He was direct and got into some really good positions..we cannot have shots taking from 40,50 yards everytime..what about the pass to pedro which was the best chance in the first half

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabregas was good today...one misplaced pass on a counter does not make him shit...He was direct and got into some really good positions..we cannot have shots taking from 40,50 yards everytime..what about the pass to pedro which was the best chance in the first half

it was not just one attack that he screwed. there were PLENTY of them. and the shooting i am refering to is from the edge of the box where cesc tends to play a 2 yard pass to pawn it off on some other player or simply loses the ball to start a counter against us.

how many passes did he misplace? how many simple through balls like that one on the counter did he misplace? i am sorry, but getting an assist on a set piece barely shows a "good performance". him and costa were both poor. the number of times we had the ball in and around the box, and costa tried to "fake" his way through while cesc tried to walk the ball into the net amid 6/7 other arsenal players was hardly any fun to watch.

You are letting your hate for Fabregas blinker your thoughts. Okay, he failed on that counter attack but he immediately won the ball back and the chance was still alive but Pedro decided to shoot instead of giving it to Costa who was in acres of space.

He provided the game winning assist and was the catalyst for our best period of play, dictating the temp very well. Do you remember him creating a very good opportunity from deep when he spotted Pedro's run?

The fact that so many people are calling you out for saying Cesc's performance was shit should tell you that you're wrong. Or go to his player thread now. You're the only one that's saying that Cesc was awful.

completely disagree

it was an overall good performance by cesc and Costa. a huge improvement ..

costa was dispossessed 5 times according to stats and i would relly like to recheck those cos i feel the number should be way higher.

it was not just one attack that he screwed. there were PLENTY of them. and the shooting i am refering to is from the edge of the box where cesc tends to play a 2 yard pass to pawn it off on some other player or simply loses the ball to start a counter against us.

It is not his fault that if some other player miscontrols when he passes the ball..yeah i agree he lost the ball few times...in a game like this there will always be pressure

how many passes did he misplace? how many simple through balls like that one on the counter did he misplace? i am sorry, but getting an assist on a set piece barely shows a "good performance". him and costa were both poor. the number of times we had the ball in and around the box, and costa tried to "fake" his way through while cesc tried to walk the ball into the net amid 6/7 other arsenal players was hardly any fun to watch.

Fabregas controlled the midfield bro. He was excellent today.

You are letting your hate for Fabregas blinker your thoughts. Okay, he failed on that counter attack but he immediately won the ball back and the chance was still alive but Pedro decided to shoot instead of giving it to Costa who was in acres of space.

He provided the game winning assist and was the catalyst for our best period of play, dictating the temp very well. Do you remember him creating a very good opportunity from deep when he spotted Pedro's run?

The fact that so many people are calling you out for saying Cesc's performance was shit should tell you that you're wrong. Or go to his player thread now. You're the only one that's saying that Cesc was awful.

so we are down to his "assist". predicted as much

yes, it was a wonderful ball to pedro, but thats his MO. he ll provide you a moment of magic.

it was not just about that counter. i remember another counter which he misplaced a simple pass to hazard. he is as good in closed spaces and in and around the opposition D, as i guess cahill would be. how many times did he lose the ball in a very good position trying to "pass his way thru". the only diffrence being, oscar is brilliant in covering up.

also, lets not say what "posters" think. zouma is getting the MOTM according to the polls? why? one brilliant tackle and the goal. oscar was heads and shoulders above most of our players today and brilliant in defense and in attack. but since he did not assist or score, a total of 2 people have given him MOTM. even hazard has got 7 votes which is hilarious cos he seemed lost most of the first half and infact till we scored our first goal.

It is not his fault that if some other player miscontrols when he passes the ball..yeah i agree he lost the ball few times...in a game like this there will always be pressure

if you pass the ball at the edge of the ball, there will always be pressure. defenders will try to come out of the D to try and stop the shot or win the ball back to start a counter. both of which happened plenty of times today.

so we are down to his "assist". predicted as much

yes, it was a wonderful ball to pedro, but thats his MO. he ll provide you a moment of magic.

it was not just about that counter. i remember another counter which he misplaced a simple pass to hazard. he is as good in closed spaces and in and around the opposition D, as i guess cahill would be. how many times did he lose the ball in a very good position trying to "pass his way thru". the only diffrence being, oscar is brilliant in covering up.

also, lets not say what "posters" think. zouma is getting the MOTM according to the polls? why? one brilliant tackle and the goal. oscar was heads and shoulders above most of our players today and brilliant in defense and in attack. but since he did not assist or score, a total of 2 people have given him MOTM. even hazard has got 7 votes which is hilarious cos he seemed lost most of the first half and infact till we scored our first goal.

So you're willing to overlook Oscar's several sloppy passes (he finished with 78% in passing accuracy - he had a good game though) but not Fabregas' (who finished with 87%)? And don't think Zouma had a good enough game today to be named MOTM? Okay then, I'm done debating.

he controlled the mid because arsenal were a man down. it was not cos he won possession. in 11v10, what ofcourse we would control the mid (psg was a one off).

We outplayed them after the first 10mins. So he controlled the midfield from 10 to 40 odd when they went down to 10 men. Chill out and stop being so negative.

he controlled the mid because arsenal were a man down. it was not cos he won possession. in 11v10, what ofcourse we would control the mid (psg was a one off).

Last thing I'll say is that actually, our best passage of play came before Arsenal had their man sent off, and Fabregas was the center piece who orchestrated it all. He was pulling the strings in that passage of play.

Fab was playing well 11v11. He deserves most of the criticism he's received but not today.

So you're willing to overlook Oscar's several sloppy passes (he finished with 78% in passing accuracy - he had a good game though) but not Fabregas' (who finished with 87%)? And don't think Zouma had a good enough game today to be named MOTM? Okay then, I'm done debating.

oscar's sloppy passes were mostly in and around the arsenal D. take out cesc's "useless" sideways passes that took our game no where yet gave the impression of him "controlling" the mid, and the stats would be fun to watch. or rather, i would like to see how many of his misplaced passes were exactly which part of the pitch.

zouma had a good game, nothing more. MOTM in the general sense that he scored and changed the game, yes. but in overall play, it was oscar for me, hands down and i dont like him either but i can say so without much problem.