Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

• 1 month later...

heh football is funny sometimes. Thought Pedro was painful to watch against City. A lot of running, poor control, and no end product.

To be fair, he did play the second half a a RWB and I don't think he's very good in that position: moses is better.

He is twice the player than Willian, true, but he lacks good decisions and executions at times. I'm one of the few people who defended him last season, but he is really frustrating at times. He either decides to over-dribble, make a really bad pass or to turn backwards, because he can't continue forward. He is underrated, true, but, we need to upgrade on him in the position he plays. Alexis is the dream, there.

He's the type of player who is very determined and gives his all all the time. That's why I couldn't really hate on him last season when he was crap like everybody else, he was always determined and it's continued to this season with the difference that he's not playing in a broken team anymore and behold. He's become irreplaceable in this squad not least because he is so universal - right wing, right wing-back, left wing, left wing-back, striker. 5 players in one.

On 06/04/2017 at 5:04 PM, manpe said:

He's the type of player who is very determined and gives his all all the time. That's why I couldn't really hate on him last season when he was crap like everybody else, he was always determined and it's continued to this season with the difference that he's not playing in a broken team anymore and behold. He's become irreplaceable in this squad not least because he is so universal - right wing, right wing-back, left wing, left wing-back, striker. 5 players in one.

When he joined us I couldn't have been happier. He seemed to be just what we needed and looked to be a upgrade on Willian and a proper ballance at last to Eden.

But I was so disapointed that he just didn't seem to have anything in him at all worth shouting about. And TBH I'd got to the stage where I wondered if he was some sort of clone!

But hats off to the lad hes changed my mind about him totally. Hes got amazing spirit and he seems to love playing for us which is something a few of the others would do.

I always had this image of him as a happy,funny always smilling guy. Not that thats bad but sometimes you just think when does it become serious to him. But guys I tell ya - his facial features change when hes on his game. He kinda channels a demonic Freddy Mercury character. Love that sort of passion.

&NCS_modified=20161202165758&MaxW=640&im

But I still think we could get better and hopefully Pedro can stay pushing away and giving us great depth.

Tho Ive still not forgiven him for this!

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Tho Ive still not forgiven him for this!

(Posts like this is what makes you so valuable here, so you better boomerang right back after your little hike.)

I wanted to say regarding that Pedro miss what I loved about it was how he just laughed it off half embarrassed and half in disbelief :D I like characters like this more than those who start sulking. I don't even consider reaction like that "carelessness" or whatever, it just shows he enjoys and has fun playing football.

On April 6, 2017 at 5:04 PM, manpe said:

Without meaning to sound like a Torres apologist Pedro is the type of player that needs a good set up to show his class, he was doomed playing Jose ball were the attackers have to look after themselves almost. Play a system with a lot of movement and combination play and you have a top player, there's a reason it took someone as good as Suarez to shaft him at Barca.

On 06/04/2017 at 6:04 PM, manpe said:

I remember Barca wanted to utilise him as RB. While it probably wouldnt work long term, its amazing how can same player be considered as striker and defender on top level.

That said he has been outstanding this season. Not just good and hardworking, but also crucial with goals and assists in many games. Kind of irreplacable atm. It makes me wonder if we will actualy go for top RW like Sanchez or Bernardo if Pedro finishes season on such good form, only to be replaced next season.

Considering we seriously need to strenghten midfield and wings, possibly with Costa gone, a new top striker too, our RW might not be a priority after all. 

That said, I think Douglas Costa would be great addition, alot more realistic and cheaper than either Bernardo/Sanchez. Also the type of player who can cause all sorts of problems with his power, speed and trickery. 

The best scenario is buying a top winger, but just for once, not making them an automatic starter before even playing a single game for the club. It keeps them on their toes, keeps our in-form player happy, and eventually 1 of our 2 wingers will get injured or have loss of form, at which point -new signing- comes in, hopefully fights hard to try and earn a spot, and finally we've got healthy competition for places and genuine headaches each game about which players should start.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I remember Barca wanted to utilise him as RB. While it probably wouldnt work long term, its amazing how can same player be considered as striker and defender on top level.

That said he has been outstanding this season. Not just good and hardworking, but also crucial with goals and assists in many games. Kind of irreplacable atm. It makes me wonder if we will actualy go for top RW like Sanchez or Bernardo if Pedro finishes season on such good form, only to be replaced next season.

Considering we seriously need to strenghten midfield and wings, possibly with Costa gone, a new top striker too, our RW might not be a priority after all. 

That said, I think Douglas Costa would be great addition, alot more realistic and cheaper than either Bernardo/Sanchez. Also the type of player who can cause all sorts of problems with his power, speed and trickery. 

Why would being cheaper matter? Chelsea have money. Get top quality whenever you can.

Sanchez is better than Costa. Costa was a monster in those first few months after joining Bayern but he's back on earth for a while now. Of course, if Chels have no chance of getting a player like Sanchez and others like him then, yeah, sure. But there's a reason why a 34-year-old Ribery still gets the nod over him when he's fit.

Can't believe Ribery is still performing at 34. Especially with his injury history. Same goes for Robben on the opposite flank but he's always been very underrated. Same could happen to Hazard if he doesn't excel in the CL. That was Ribery's problem.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

(Posts like this is what makes you so valuable here, so you better boomerang right back after your little hike.)

I wanted to say regarding that Pedro miss what I loved about it was how he just laughed it off half embarrassed and half in disbelief :D I like characters like this more than those who start sulking. I don't even consider reaction like that "carelessness" or whatever, it just shows he enjoys and has fun playing football.

Well in most things if I cock up and do summet similar to that  I call myself a twat then make sure I try to make up for it.

Our lads always look like theyre having fun in training. Like the other day Luiz smacking JT in the crown jewels, and that normally means you got a good team. But Id like to see more of that when they come out onto the pitch. You can yell with like Eden and Cescy if theyre going to have a goodun cause their characters show straight out. Eden comes on doing his boogie looking like hes got invisible headphones on and Cescy is really pumped up slapping everyone.

Now if we could bottle that or find out what gets Diego buzzin then we would make a fortune!