Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

13 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Poor first touch, aimless running - he's just an overpriced Shaun Wright Philips IMHO

Hopefully, I will be proven wrong and he just needs games 

you would not guess he is from Barcelona, really bad technique in everything

Some have mentioned this before - ask Pedro to play like an actual winger and you will get a very average player. Play to his strengths and you will get a very good player (not saying he's world class or we should build the team around him). He clearly has his strengths. Just need to find a way to exploit it better - executing one-two moves (remember his goal at West Brom?), making use of his off the ball runs (remember that clear cut chance he got against Scunthorpe when Fabregas spotted his run?), creating chances in the box (he's already shown he can finish).

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Some have mentioned this before - ask Pedro to play like an actual winger and you will get a very average player. Play to his strengths and you will get a very good player (not saying he's world class or we should build the team around him). He clearly has his strengths. Just need to find a way to exploit it better - executing one-two moves (remember his goal at West Brom?), making use of his off the ball runs (remember that clear cut chance he got against Scunthorpe when Fabregas spotted his run?), creating chances in the box (he's already shown he can finish).

Remember Walsall too? :cig:

A very good player in a terrible system. He's getting crowded out running into dead ends and is getting very little support from Azplicueta and Costa. It's very difficult to play that left flank for Chelsea and Willian doesn't even swap anymore, so we rarely get to see what he can do on the right. 

I'm not worried about Pedro. He'll be fine under our real coach next season. Presuming the club doesn't go and fuck it up again. 

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

A very good player in a terrible system. He's getting crowded out running into dead ends and is getting very little support from Azplicueta and Costa. It's very difficult to play that left flank for Chelsea and Willian doesn't even swap anymore, so we rarely get to see what he can do on the right. 

I'm not worried about Pedro. He'll be fine under our real coach next season. Presuming the club doesn't go and fuck it up again. 

Agree. It's almost as if we're trying to turn every wide player we sign into another Willian. It's painful to watch Pedro (or others) playing like a winger when he isn't one. That said, someone should have a word with him about keeping things simple more next time. Think sometimes he tries to overdo it a little bit with the whole dribbling and taking on players.

So there are people who believe Pedro is good but is a victim of the system. We need players that will make this team play a good football, instead of players that will be the reason why the team concedes a goal.

Pedro and Matic costed 2 goals. Actually this team is victim of the poor football of those 2 players.

On 11 de janeiro de 2016 at 9:46 PM, Muzchap said:

Poor first touch, aimless running - he's just an overpriced Shaun Wright Philips IMHO

Hopefully, I will be proven wrong and he just needs games 

Actually he was CHEAPER than Wright Philips, LMAO. Can you believe it? But yes, he is pretty bad. I'm really surprised many people thought the team was getting a world class player when he was announced. For me he always looked average and for Barcelona, and easily one the most limited players of that Barcelona team. All he got is Barcelona brand in his CV.

Did exactly what he did when he surrendered possession for their goal last night as he did about 5 times against Scunthorpe and Palace.

I thought he would do well here, but it's quite clear he's absolute dog shit.

How does someone finish from Barcelona Academy and can't pass or control the ball well. 

It's incredible, is Chelsea stealing players abilities or what?  because I remember pedro tearing teams apart in his first two games here.....