Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have preferred that the so called best manager in the world to grow some balls and actually play proper football. Haven't watched a good Chelsea game since we beat Swansea.

Regarding this "proper football" bullshit - I assume you like the tiki-taka passing style of play that the Barca team of around 2009 used yeah?

Well I personally found that dull as fuck. I would much rather watch my team defending like heroes than passing the ball backwards and sideways for 45 mins.

Everyone has their own opinions on what is "proper football". Don't mistake your own opinion with fact. Much like mine isn't. I don't run around squawking about Barcelona of 2009 not being any good because I didn't like their style. I just knew it was my opinion.

Once again, I personally would hate to see Chelsea go out tomorrow and play free-flowing attacking football against Man City. Because they have better/more in form players than us ATM and would almost certainly smash us if we did. Managers are employed to set up tactics in the way that best suits their team in the current situation to deliver a win in the next football match.

For instance, our game against Liverpool 18 months ago (with the infamous slip). We defended like heroes that day and were absolutely fantastic. We didn't play free flowing attacking football, we didn't attack out of our means, we just defended incredibly solidly, so much so in fact that it frustrated them into mistakes which we capitilised on. For me that is "proper football". A tactical masterclass of outwitting and outplaying the opponent.

If you don't like our style of play - fine. But don't get all high and mighty and suggest that the way you think we should play is the only way we can play. There are many different ways to skin a cat, so to speak.

Tebo

Dave - Happy - JT - Unionjack with a big hammer

Cescy

Oscar - Matic

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Hammer-Citeh_zpsvjppkqyr.gif Hammer-Citeh-2_zpskyajnzvf.gif

IF We can score a goal quick I'll give it a 1-1 if not then 1-3 to them

But it should be a good weekend and a couple of us are going tomorrow late afternoon. Try to get a couple of quiet pints over in Beswick.

Sing out loud Sing out proud

KTBFFH

Flag_zpsr1phv7nt.gif

Tebo

Dave - Happy - JT - Unionjack with a big hammer

Cescy

Oscar - Matic

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Hammer-Citeh_zpsvjppkqyr.gif Hammer-Citeh-2_zpskyajnzvf.gif

IF We can score a goal quick I'll give it a 1-1 if not then 1-3 to them

But it should be a good weekend and a couple of us are going tomorrow late afternoon. Try to get a couple of quiet pints over in Beswick.

Sing out loud Sing out proud

KTBFFH

Flag_zpsr1phv7nt.gif

No tebow

If playing good football doesn't matter only results, why watch the game at all then? Why not skip the unnecessary 90 minute charades & just read the final score on BBC? We literally haven't played a great game since Swansea away last season, friendlies included. It's a valid concern for me.

Players like Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar need the ball, they aren't built for counter-attacking tactics. Btw, it's hilarious how whenever fans complain about our style, Arsenal is always brought up. Why not Barca, Madrid, PSG or Bayern who are light-years ahead of us in both style/results instead?

how are these 2 teams even comparable.

Shouldn't it be our ambition to be at the same level as Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?

It's not that long since we've won the CL! Gap just got a whole lot bigger over the past few years, but we should try to close it! I see no reason why we couldn't. We have the means for it ffs.

If playing good football doesn't matter only results, why watch the game at all then? Why not skip the unnecessary 90 minute charades & just read the final score on BBC? We literally haven't played a great game since Swansea away last season, friendlies included. It's a valid concern for me.

Players like Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar need the ball, they aren't built for counter-attacking tactics. Btw, it's hilarious how whenever fans complain about our style, Arsenal is always brought up. Why not Barca, Madrid, PSG or Bayern who are light-years ahead of us in both style/results instead?

If entertainment is all that matters, why not watch highlights and goal compilations?

The feeling of hearing the final whistle after beating a rival , is greater than seeing some fancy passing move.

surviving miracles with a defensive set-up on a few of our champions league nights a few seasons ago doesn't mean that going out and playing like west brom every game is 'defending like heroes' imo. we neither defend nor attack like heroes. how we play isn't acceptable in the long run - which it's now becoming.

Shouldn't it be our ambition to be at the same level as Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?

It's not that long since we've won the CL! Gap just got a whole lot bigger over the past few years, but we should try to close it! I see no reason why we couldn't. We have the means for it ffs.

in an ideal world - YES.

but realistically how?

can we get a 75mil pound rated suarez?

another 80mil euros neymar

80mil pound CR or 80mil pound bale or 65mil pound james?

those are the players which make them standout. bayern is a different model all together though. they had players like muller, lahm, alaba, kroos and bastian that all came from their academy. but to reach that state, bayern had a couple of very very poor years.

i have no illusions of this squad. we have a fabulous first team, but 11 players do not win you much. you need an arda turan/vidal in case one of MSN gets injured. you need an isco in case james/bale gets injured. u need a gotze if one of robbery get injured. our best sub is ramires. while i love rambo and his versatility, i have no qualms about his level.

what sets us apart is JOSE MOURINHO and his tactics. if that means playing defensive football for 10 games in a 60 game season, i am fine with it.