Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Haha, I really hope so mate.

And Mourinho's tactics don't really allow for us to get hammered (or to hammer ourselves unfortunately).

But after seeing City's display last night, with Silva & Touré already in top top form, Agüero ready, maybe KDB added to the squad, Kompany looking rejuvenated ... I really can't see us take much out of the game. I got the feeling that our entire team is struggling to find form.

For sure it isn't looking good on paper but that's what in a weird way makes me feel more confident as I alluded to previously.

Off the top of my head Spurs away 10/11 and 11/12, City away 13/14, Arsenal away last like 4 seasons we have gone into those games not in great form while the other team was and we have always seemed to pull the rabbit out of the hat and either win or draw while having the better of it, got a feeling this might be similar.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finaly Chelsea will end pre-season work at Etihad

P.S. my heart says there will be 0-2, my mind will glad with even 2-0

P.P.S. good work of one of the best my videomasters, adriancfc95

Eva won't be on the bench this weekend representing the medical team v city according to SSN.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3193920/Chelsea-doctor-Eva-Carneiro-set-AXED-bench-Jose-Mourinho-hit-naive-me

Talking like a Gooner fan

Talking like a Football fan, i am sick and tired of the ' we cannot attack so we will defend' mentality. This team(and Jose) need to grow some balls and play football and not some "mastermind" shit.

We were boring since December last year and there is no sign of it getting better.

Talking like a Football fan, i am sick and tired of the ' we cannot attack so we will defend' mentality. This team(and Jose) need to grow some balls and play football and not some "mastermind" shit.

We were boring since December last year and there is no sign of it getting better.

Who cares if we are boring since last December. I wouldn't care if we had been boring the last 20 years. If we end up winning then really why would you give a fuck.

Who cares if we are boring since last December. I wouldn't care if we had been boring the last 20 years. If we end up winning then really why would you give a fuck.

Some people will take entertainment over trophies. We spend so much time watching this team, I can see the argument. I'll take the way we play if we win trophies.

If we don't have the firepower to attack the whole game, it doesn't make sense to play that way.

We play to our strength and that's defense.

Stop the momentum early. Don't give them anything to build on...

Begovic

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cesar

Zouma - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

Putting Zouma in the double pivot is so negative. I don't want to see us do that again unless it is an emergency or for a specific situation like targeting Fellaini. He not even a DM. I would rather play Mikel than play Zouma there. As good as Oscar has been in pre-season and opening game I can understand if Mourinho benched him. We obviously will look to hit them on the counter. So I think Mourinho will look to the faster players and ones who are capable of hitting them on the counter.

I think Mourinho will go with a 4-3-3. Matic, Fabregas and Ramires, with Willian and Hazard on the wings with Costa obviously up front. I would be happy with that tbh. If we go forward at them with pace, Toure will struggle to keep up with the runs of our attacking trio.

Don't understand why we're even playing Zouma in midfield or why people are willingly wanting him in there tbh, there's just no need.

You're right but when our other options are Mikel, Ramires and Fabregas...well, playing Zouma in midfield isn't exactly the worst idea. That said, one should remember that while he did OK in the end when he first played in midfield against Spurs last season, he was poor in the first half - was given the run around a bit and couldn't really stop Eriksen. If we don't protect the space between midfield and defence well this Sunday, the likes of Sterling, Silva, Toure are going to run riot.