Man City v Chelsea

Jase

I reckon we will break the record against united and achieve less than 28% possession here. It will be ugly.

:lol: we're not that bad mate!

If you look at these two teams, City haven't done as much in this transfer window. They've got Sterling who could be a threat, but they've got the same establishment that we've got. It's not like Matic, Hazard, Fabregas & co have regressed as much as it appears.

It'll be an ugly match because Chelsea will go there with the intention to keep the match subdued and slow as possible, but we're hardly going to get demolished. These are still world-class players.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are shit team with terrible defense and midfield, Stutgart destroyed them. 3-0 to the mighty blues and easy win with bus parking and counters. I hate sterling though he will cause many problems because of his dribbling and speed.

It's very harsh and shame to see some comments here. We are champions guys. We stayed on the top for 268 days. It was like walk in the park all the season and now you are talking like we are a mediocre team. Please lets support more this team.

We had Mikel instead of Matic, Ramires/Lamps instead of Fabregas and wohooo, Torres and Ba instead of Costa,Remy,Falcao. Which team is worse ?

Never been a fan of Mikel, but Ramires/Lampard/Mata was a pretty decent midfield imo.

Mata deservedly won Chelsea POTY 2 years in a row. On his day same quality as Fabregras imo.

Torres was horrible for Chelsea, obviously, but at this moment there's no reason to believe that Falcao will be any better. If you're judging on name alone, then Torres when coming over from Liverpool was at least as big a name as Falcao now, with the difference that Torres was at his top when introduced to Chelsea (soon to tumble down though) while Falcao was already shite at United last season.

As for Ba, I can't say anything bad about him, he wasn't given too many chances but always worked hard and gave us some good goals. Costa is obviously an improvement.

We as fans should support our team no matter how they play, not complain and not ask for prettier football

It is perfectly possible to support your team and ask for better (not even talking about prettier) football at the same time. We are not a flock of sheep, we are individuals with opinions and the right to be heard.

:lol: we're not that bad mate!

If you look at these two teams, City haven't done as much in this transfer window. They've got Sterling who could be a threat, but they've got the same establishment that we've got. It's not like Matic, Hazard, Fabregas & co have regressed as much as it appears.

It'll be an ugly match because Chelsea will go there with the intention to keep the match subdued and slow as possible, but we're hardly going to get demolished. These are still world-class players.

We were that bad against united in April and not much has changed tactically and personnel wise

We were that bad against united in April and notbmuch as changed tactically and personnel wise

No no no no, we were good. Tactically on POINT! It doesnt matter that we had only 29% possesion AT HOME. That Manchester United side is world class, they had Fellaini and Falcao, are you crazy?

Whatever Mourinho does is good, he is never wrong....... /sarcasm off

I'm really really hoping for a Mouh masterclass in this one and, if so, I could see a scrappy 1 or 2-0 win. In reality, my head says that our players aren't on form (and haven't been for a while now) and that we'll lose 3-0 after attempting to play our normal 'big game' defensive strategy and will concede early on.

Yeah that flock mentality is what really bothers me as well.

Good results don't mean good football. It can all tumble down pretty quickly. But we've time to react before the transfer window closes. But we have to do it. Before we turn into the next United (Roman Empire if you like).

No no no no, we were good. Tactically on POINT! It doesnt matter that we had only 29% possesion AT HOME. That Manchester United side is world class, they had Fellaini and Falcao, are you crazy?

ya you are right.

we should have played beautiful football. we were only on the verge of a PL win with most of our players too tired or out of form, but we should have tried to go out their and play with DD, solanked and brown, 3 strikers. jose out. he knows nothing.

by the way, you turned your sarcasm off but try turning your brain on for once.

Yeah that flock mentality is what really bothers me as well.

Good results don't mean good football. It can all tumble down pretty quickly. But we've time to react before the transfer window closes. But we have to do it. Before we turn into the next United (Roman Empire if you like).

so people who are happy with winning a football match are part of the "flock mentality", yet people who want to see every team play "beautiful football", or tiki taka football or unadulterated attacking with out a care of defence is the most original and unique way of life?

hahahhahaha

good results dont mean good football. true. defensive football does not mean bad football. VERY VERY TRUE. and we were very good defensively in that match.

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again. It was absolute fucking madness selling Luis.

Azpi for me was a given start as RB last game and for this game with Luis on the LB position.

I would even pick Cahill as RB for this game with Zouma as LB, but Iva as we know is untouchable.

Begovic

Iva - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Ramires - Matic

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

Prediction: 2-1 City win.

We usually perform well against top teams but I cannot see us win this game. Defense has looked awful and that is what worries me the most. I usually never doubt our defense, and through that we've been able to put on a decent offense play. Now, however, it worries me.

I'm really really hoping for a Mouh masterclass in this one and, if so, I could see a scrappy 1 or 2-0 win. In reality, my head says that our players aren't on form (and haven't been for a while now) and that we'll lose 3-0 after attempting to play our normal 'big game' defensive strategy and will concede early on.

After the last few days of non-stop arguing, rumors, etc in regards to eva-gate. It would be nice to just get back to the football.
And i agree you here i would LOVE nothing more than a masterclass or any kind of win, just so that we can get back on track.

I would have preferred that the so called best manager in the world to grow some balls and actually play proper football. Haven't watched a good Chelsea game since we beat Swansea.

How ridiculous. So now a good game is only classified as one when we run up the score?

Lame....