Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

Speaking of Arsenal players, though, what's the deal with Jack Wilshere? Is he currently injured yet again? He could probably be had on the cheap. When he's fit he's still super talented an may be worth a punt.

47 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

35m for him with just a year left on his contract is a piss take. That's what happens when you leave shit this late though, I couldn't care less though as he would be an upgrade on Moses.

it's not really though. £35m for a young player of his abilities and qualities is actually a steal. Clubs have to pay more now, no matter what. Sanchez would probably still go for 50m+ despite having one year left. 

13 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

How reliable is James Olley?

No idea, but isn't Simon Johnson supposed to be reliable for Chelsea news? If so, I don't see why his colleague wouldn't be just as reliable. Not idea though. 

Just now, Dimitr said:

Like last year .. 

We will sign 2 or three players  

on deadline day.classic 

#transfers #chelsea

You can't always get deals done super quickly though, negotiating can take a few days to weeks. 

9 minutes ago, It's too big said:

No idea, but isn't Simon Johnson supposed to be reliable for Chelsea news? If so, I don't see why his colleague wouldn't be just as reliable. Not idea though. 

Just seen he's the Standard's chief football correspondent so he's sort of Simon's boss. Fingers crossed...

9 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Just seen he's the Standard's chief football correspondent so he's sort of Simon's boss. Fingers crossed...

Wonder which position he'd play here. Arsenal fans I'm seeing on Twitter saying his best position is probably going to be as a RWB in the future. I think I'd prefer him on the left here so he can cut in and shoot on his stronger foot.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder which position he'd play here. Arsenal fans I'm seeing on Twitter saying his best position is probably going to be as a RWB in the future. I think I'd prefer him on the left here so he can cut in and shoot on his stronger foot.

He doesn't score much at all, so it doesn't make much sense to position him to play to one of his weaknesses (13 goals in 162 apps). He doesn't play RWB at Arsenal now because they have Bellerin for that, here he'd most likely displace Moses which makes sense, because he's a decent crosser.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

When I've watched him he looks a pretty good crosser so definitely the RWB would be more suitable. In my opinion the system we play, the width comes from the wing backs and therefore, unless needed in an emergency, players should play in those positions on their strongest side in order to provide width and crosses. Morata showed at the weekend he's very good in the air.

It also then gives freedom to the two players playing behind the striker that they don't have to always provide width and are instead able to drift inside and create or become an extra body in the box.

In fairness, Ashley Cole learnt to attack at Arsenal and defend at Chelsea so I'd liken it to that, though Ash was far beyond Oxlade at the time thats just how I see it, if he came here I'd back him to become very good at RWB, he can already whip a decent cross in which Moses fails to do everytime he gets into the box.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You