Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

10 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Have we actually put in a bid yet for the Ox? 

Wenger has just spoken to the media and when asked about us and Ox he said "I want to keep my best players, I hope he commits"

On a bid Wenger said "The best solution is for us to focus on Sunday's game"

Closer it gets to deadline day the more I'm hoping we can pull this off. The Arsenal fans seem very polarized on him. Some think he should be kept and offered whatever salary it takes because he's great, others are saying the club should take the rumored £35m and they'd drive him to Cobham themselves.

He's the Arsenal version of Willian it seems. 😆 Some fans think he's average, others very good.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Wenger has just spoken to the media and when asked about us and Ox he said "I want to keep my best players, I hope he commits"

On a bid Wenger said "The best solution is for us to focus on Sunday's game"

This is certainly not the language he used regarding the Alexis situation. First thing that actually gives me hope this thing might go through.

Funny we are looking into these stupid hints again from some press conference. 

Remember how we tried to "read into" Lukaku's interview and were convinced he is not going to Manchester United? Will you lot ever learn? :P 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Closer it gets to deadline day the more I'm hoping we can pull this off. The Arsenal fans seem very polarized on him. Some think he should be kept and offered whatever salary it takes because he's great, others are saying the club should take the rumored £35m and they'd drive him to Cobham themselves.

He's the Arsenal version of Willian it seems. 😆 Some fans think he's average, others very good.

I'd like to know which fans actually think that Willian is a 'very good' player. 

13 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I'd like to know which fans actually think that Willian is a 'very good' player. 

I do! Not top class like Hazard but still a very good player. Just like Pedro.

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I do. It's important to note that Pedro/Willian got 17 goals in league last season together. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I feel like the longer we wait the less chance we have. Would probably be wise to give them time to get a replacement in. 

I think the opposite, controversial transfers/saga's like this often drag out till the very end (Cole, Torres, Modric).

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think the opposite, controversial transfers/sags's like this often drag out till the very end (Cole, Torres, Modric).

Hopefully you're right. Just think Wenger will look like an absolute clown (more so than he already does) if he sells us a player he highly rates and who he'll have started in all of their games so far on the deadline to a direct, hated rival with no one in to replace him. They haven't really been linked with a player like Ox from what I've seen so clearly he's in Wenger's plans this season.

Think the only way this happens is if we put in a huge offer and Ox really pushes for the move. Even then Wenger has held very firm on Sanchez this whole summer. But surely they can't risk all 3 of Sanchez, Özil, and Ox all leaving on free's next summer? They have a poor season and you can definitely see them leaving for greener pastures. Better to get £35m from us for Ox now than risk that, surely.

Wenger didn't seem very convincing that Ox would stay today

I hope he stays bla bla then this

'I've had to deal with big departures many times, and I always focus on the team and Arsenal. Of course you want to keep your best players, but you have to find a way to survive. 

'I know every bid that we have, of course, but I think the best for us right now is to focus on Sunday's game.' 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You