Bernardo Silva

9 hours ago, communicate said:

Completely agree, I don't want us to copy Barca or Real. I want us to play with less skill but more power and speed.

But I also don't want us to play two defending mids in middle, it works with Monaco  because they played Manchester city and we all know how Guardiola like to play. Against most team, we need a more attacking option, basically in a perfect world we need a tall box to box player who can defend. Dembele is probably the best option on top of my head but Levy will never sell anything to us

You want Fabinho.

12 hours ago, communicate said:

Completely agree, I don't want us to copy Barca or Real. I want us to play with less skill but more power and speed.

But I also don't want us to play two defending mids in middle, it works with Monaco  because they played Manchester city and we all know how Guardiola like to play. Against most team, we need a more attacking option, basically in a perfect world we need a tall box to box player who can defend. Dembele is probably the best option on top of my head but Levy will never sell anything to us

Maybe Tolisso, Bakayoko, Fabinho, or more offensively rounded guys like Dahoud or Tielemans (both very young of course). Loads of top B2B available this summer.

6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Maybe Tolisso, Bakayoko, Fabinho, or more offensively rounded guys like Dahoud or Tielemans (both very young of course). Loads of top B2B available this summer.

Do you think Strootman would be a good fit for our midfield?

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He's not better than Matic so I wouldn't sign him. He would fit though. 

Don't you think his playmaking abilities coupled with his defensive work rate would compliment Kante better than Matic who is often quite ponderous and laborious on the ball?

4 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Don't you think his playmaking abilities coupled with his defensive work rate would compliment Kante better than Matic who is often quite ponderous and laborious on the ball?

Its very important that our next midfielder can bring the ball through midfield further up the pitch. Cesc is great at passing, but he is absolute piss at dribbling past opponent midfield. Thats why Eden has to get deep to collect the ball and run forward.  

If we had a proper ball running mid who can use skill or power to get the ball to our attackers in Eden and whoever else we sign in summer, be it Sanchez, Silva, Lemar etc who can organize attacks, we dont realy need a deep playmaker. If the game truly demands one, then we always have Cesc and we can play three man midfield. Thats why getting someone like Bakayoko or Nainggolan might be perfect choice. Vidal is not bad either, but he is not realy dribbling type of CM. 

The only question is will Conte continue with 3:4:3 next season and is he using Matic next to Kante because he 

1.) Thinks Matic type is better fit for the system or 

2.) Would play playmaker, but Cesc is not good enough for him and decided to stick with Matic instead

If its the 1st,  no way we are going to buy Dahoud, Verratti etc. 

IMO as long there will be only 2 mids, sure Conte will go for dynamic, physical mid to replace Matic.

20 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

What do you mean it works against City? They scored over 120 goals this season. And most games, they played Fabinho and Bakayoko. Bakayoko will most probably turn into what Yaya was. He is unbelievable dribbler for a CDM, very good at getting the ball back and not a holding midfileder, but a b2b. IMO Kante and Baka would complement each other perfectly. However his passing is a bit shit I agree. But it can improve. And please dont judge Bakayoko on his games against City, it was clear he had restricted role, in most games his runs with ball are fantastic. But in most games, his passing is nothing special either. Its literaly his only weakness atm. For example in both Spurs games he was a beast.

Unless we change to 3 man midfield for all games. Then we get alot more options to chose from, but I dont like that system too much.

I have never watched Monaco played that includes bakayoko and Fabinho but you mentioned that they are playing two defensive Midfielder hence I said I don't want us to play 2 dm but if they are similar to yaya then they are not really dm. 

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Its very important that our next midfielder can bring the ball through midfield further up the pitch. Cesc is great at passing, but he is absolute piss at dribbling past opponent midfield. Thats why Eden has to get deep to collect the ball and run forward.  

If we had a proper ball running mid who can use skill or power to get the ball to our attackers in Eden and whoever else we sign in summer, be it Sanchez, Silva, Lemar etc who can organize attacks, we dont realy need a deep playmaker. If the game truly demands one, then we always have Cesc and we can play three man midfield. Thats why getting someone like Bakayoko or Nainggolan might be perfect choice. Vidal is not bad either, but he is not realy dribbling type of CM. 

The only question is will Conte continue with 3:4:3 next season and is he using Matic next to Kante because he 

1.) Thinks Matic type is better fit for the system or 

2.) Would play playmaker, but Cesc is not good enough for him and decided to stick with Matic instead

If its the 1st,  no way we are going to buy Dahoud, Verratti etc. 

IMO as long there will be only 2 mids, sure Conte will go for dynamic, physical mid to replace Matic.

This is true. We may not need a ball playing midfielder if we have a dynamic midfield who can dribble past opponents and carry the ball into attack like essien used to do for us. 

In an ideal world, I'd want Verratti/modric who can pass, and can dribble away when he is targeted or under pressure but these types of players are difficult to get. So a ball carrier like dembele/nainggolan would be perfect and improve us drastically. At least teams like tottenham wouldn't bully us in midfield like they did before. 

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

This is true. We may not need a ball playing midfielder if we have a dynamic midfield who can dribble past opponents and carry the ball into attack like essien used to do for us. 

In an ideal world, I'd want Verratti/modric who can pass, and can dribble away when he is targeted or under pressure but these types of players are difficult to get. So a ball carrier like dembele/nainggolan would be perfect and improve us drastically. At least teams like tottenham wouldn't bully us in midfield like they did before. 

Imagine Levy wasnt such a cunt and sold Modric to us back then...

7 hours ago, communicate said:

Ronaldo overall game is horrible, he is now a pure poacher who does not contribute at all.

Which is why people look so stupid when they think Ronny is better than Messi

13 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Exactly. Just like Suarez is better than Pedro; but with our system, we'd obviously be more of a coherent team with Pedro, and thus he becomes the better player (for us). Same with Fabinho. Matic belongs in Serie A; Napoli specifically IMO. Whereas Fabinho would come on leaps & bounds with us. He's a Conte player. Very similar profile mentally & physically between him and Juve-Pogba. 

I'm sure no top team from City to Bayern to Barcelona to Juve to Madrid would want to touch Matic, but the majority would take Fabinho. That's not why we should get him, but it fuels the idea to do so.

By some bit he'd also be the youngest player in our XI; and we've already seen clearly multiple times now, he'd be as good as the players around him despite his lack of being moulded by the very best coaches and peers. He's very special, moreso for his mentality to ensure he's great than anything, even if it means changing position.

9 minutes ago, lucashm said:

We look absolutely clueless without Hazard, and yet, people are against signing Silva, because we have Pedro and Willian. FFS.

I been saying it for a while, despite how good Pedro and Willian do we need upgrade. 

We need upgrades to that position, cahill, matic and Moses/Alonso. 

That's 4 key players in the summer for me. 

Hopefully we do. 

18 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

There are much better options than Strootman available. He's also very injury prone so I'd stay clear. To me he isn't an upgrade on Matic, they are on a similar level probably. If we want a player of that profile you'd have to go for someone more outstanding, like Fabinho. I personally think we need someone with a different profile though, I'd also like to have a more forward thinking CM that is solid defensively, that can actually affect the final third in a positive way too. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You