Bernardo Silva

Bernado Silva is a very good player but he's not the priority now and shouldn't be. We currently have a gaping hole in our midfield next to Kante. We need a new CB to replace Cahill who is an average player if we're being honest. There are also question marks around the quality of both Marcos Alonso and Moses in the long term. Costa's future is also shrouded. 

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Barcelona made it work with Messi/Pedro on the wings & Hazard/Silva are taller than both of them. 

Can we stop comparing to barca? And Pep? And his type of players? And spanish silky technical players?

As far I know Pep did fuckall without his barca team that was amazing and cant be built again. 

Not to mention we play in England. If we played in spain or even germany ok. But we dont. You need players that can last whole season in high tensity. You need Lampards and not Xavis. You need Essiens and not Iniestas.

There is not a coincidence we are winning the league after dropping Oscar and Cesc for Moses and Kante.

Call me oldfashioned, its as simple as it goes. 

I see City and Arsenal trying to create next barca do realy brilliant in CL yeah...

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Bernado Silva is a very good player but he's not the priority now and shouldn't be. We currently have a gaping hole in our midfield next to Kante. We need a new CB to replace Cahill who is an average player if we're being honest. There are also question marks around the quality of both Marcos Alonso and Moses in the long term. Costa's future is also shrouded. 

Christensen is coming back next year, we dont need a CB. I agree we have bigger "worries" than Pedro, but we wont have another opportunity as this one, he wont be available past this summer, this is our only chance. Besides, we have a butload of cash that has Just been added to, with the Oscar sale.

Also disagree with the Silva comparison, he is faster and a better dribbler than David, If anything, i think he resembles the current Messi , acting much more like a playmaker for his side and a bit less explosive than before bit who still runs with the ball alot

It's gotta be Alexis Sanchez or Bernardo Silva.

No Alternatives. If CFC want to be serious UCL competitors next season, then we desperately need to form an ELITE front three, and that entails cutting out Willian from the rotation of  LF/RF as much as possible. Willian should only be relied upon in an extreme injury climate, in-fact, I'd argue provided we don't sign a RWB this summer, that Willian start playing at RWB next season. 

Back to Bernardo Silva. He's a fantastic talent, and even though he's not an extreme goal-scoring threat, he'll provide an amazing (Goals and Assists) output all-together. He's so young, there's no saying he can't score 10-15 goals in all comps if he were to come here. And absolutely love his work-rate for the team, the complete player imo. 

1 minute ago, lucashm said:

Christensen is coming back next year, we dont need a CB. I agree we have bigger "worries" than Pedro, but we wont have another opportunity as this one, he wont be available past this summer, this is our only chance. Besides, we have a butload of cash that has Just been added to, with the Oscar sale.

Also disagree with the Silva comparison, he is faster and a better dribbler than David, If anything, i think he resembles the current Messi , acting much more like a playmaker for his side and a bit less explosive than before bit who still runs with the ball alot

It still remains to be seen how good Christensen will be when he returns. Even though I rate him highly, you talk of him as if he's Nesta or Maldini. He's still a young, frail talented CB with a lot to prove. Putting your eggs in one basket is crazy at this point, especially considering what happened last season.

Our priorities should be in this order : CM, CB, LWB, RWB, RW. 

Also, Pedro has been fantastic this season and Willian has been good when called upon. Both of them are very good players we can rely on. Matic/Fabregas (due to his athletic defeciences), Cahill, Alonso, Moses are all not good enough in the long run despite their contributions to our success this season. We can't reach the level of European elite with these players starting for us.

All any good team needs to against us is press Cahill and our two holding midfielders and we can't build from the back. Our transition from defense to midfield is terrible and against United, we couldn't do anything for 25 mins until one inspired moment from Hazard. It was the same against Spurs. Against City as well. We're dominating the league now because we have world class players in critical positions and a bunch of grafters surrounding them but in Champions league next season, many quality teams will press us high up the pitch and we need to be ready for that. I just hope Roman has learned from last season and  brings out the cheque-book to back Conte seriously in the market. 

11 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

It's gotta be Alexis Sanchez or Bernardo Silva.

No Alternatives. If CFC want to be serious UCL competitors next season, then we desperately need to form an ELITE front three, and that entails cutting out Willian from the rotation of  LF/RF as much as possible. Willian should only be relied upon in an extreme injury climate, in-fact, I'd argue provided we don't sign a RWB this summer, that Willian start playing at RWB next season. 

Back to Bernardo Silva. He's a fantastic talent, and even though he's not an extreme goal-scoring threat, he'll provide an amazing (Goals and Assists) output all-together. He's so young, there's no saying he can't score 10-15 goals in all comps if he were to come here. And absolutely love his work-rate for the team, the complete player imo. 

And what about LWB, a partner for Kante, Cahill and Moses? Also Sanchez is not that good on the right  as you seem to think he is. He's much better on the left. Even though admittedly, in a 3-4-3, it's more narrow. Ultimately, they also will never sell him to us. Bernado Silva is good but so is Pedro and the latter is a greater goal scoring threat. I just don't see this huge difference in quality between Bernado Silva/Pedro/Willian that some are seeing. He's not the difference between us and Barcelona/Madrid/Bayern. We're still too weak in other areas. 

i remember him since his Benfica days, their former coach Jorge Jesus didnt rate him and didnt play him often, a real shame because everyone could see he was a gem and the club later ended up selling him to Monaco for 15.75 million Euros, the boy is only 22 years old, still improving with each game, we can all see his qualities, he´s got a big football brain, combined with skills on the ball and playmaking abilities and vision, he´s a number 10, its only a matter of time before a big club comes for him, he will only leave for a huge sum. Do Chelsea need him?, im not sure, because i see a lot of similarities in him with Mata when he was here, but Silva is much more quicker, stronger and hard working than Mata, and he will get even better, but can he fit in Conte´s system? we should be looking at a player like Veratti and Alexis Sanchez, thats what we need, and Bakayoko impressed me a lot, reminded me of Yaya Toure and Lemar also impressed me a lot.

27 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

And what about LWB, a partner for Kante, Cahill and Moses? Also Sanchez is not that good on the right  as you seem to think he is. He's much better on the left. Even though admittedly, in a 3-4-3, it's more narrow. Ultimately, they also will never sell him to us. Bernado Silva is good but so is Pedro and the latter is a greater goal scoring threat. I just don't see this huge difference in quality between Bernado Silva/Pedro/Willian that some are seeing. He's not the difference between us and Barcelona/Madrid/Bayern. We're still too weak in other areas. 

Hazard would most likely play on the right, and even if Sanchez did he wouldn't be bolted to that right spot. I remember Sanchez's struggles on the RW over at Barca, but Hazard can still a menace on the RW. Just look at the goals he has scored in his CFC career using his left foot, and the dangerous final ball passes he's made even when attacking down the right side. 

I agree with all the problems you state this team has, but CFC are simply not going to solve all of them in One window. Now, we clearly disagree with the importance of certain upgrades, but when a talent like Alexis/Silva is available you gotta upgrade, and the upgrade here is over Willian, clearly. (And, concerning Sanchez, we sold Arsenal Petr Cech to Arsenal and Sanchez's agent reportedly met with Marina last week, so I  don't think Arsenal would have no issues selling to us.) A new CM will be bought I'm postive. As well as ONE wing-back (either left or right).

For CB, I think we'll see the integration of Christensen and that's it. I'd hope we could move on from Cahill, but you just know CFC are not that ruthless when it comes to underporforming players. Cahill is here to stay for next season, imo . 

The evolvement of this Chelsea side will take many transfer windows. 

14 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

You think Conte would that to every striker that he has on bench. He appreciates mobile strikers with ball skills. That's why Batsuhayi is not getting time and I don't think we'll sign Lukaku.

That doesn't make any sense or Costa wouldn't be playing (that much).

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Can we stop comparing to barca? And Pep? And his type of players? And spanish silky technical players?

As far I know Pep did fuckall without his barca team that was amazing and cant be built again. 

Not to mention we play in England. If we played in spain or even germany ok. But we dont. You need players that can last whole season in high tensity. You need Lampards and not Xavis. You need Essiens and not Iniestas.

Okay. Well, there's more than one way to skin a cat. City are hot on our tail, with a 5'7 winger and a 5'9 one, while we're debating 2 players here being 5'8 & apparently not big enough for the PL. Liverpool's wingers are 5'7 & 5'9. Then we've got United who've turned on the heat in the league via Mata, a 5'6 player on the wing. In terms of teams who're doing better than everyone else in the Champions League this season, the dilapidated and Pep-less Barcelona line up with a 5'7 & 5'9 winger. Atletico's wingers are 5'8. Bayern deploy 5'7 Ribery on one side & 5'7 Douglas Costa on the other. 

And what's given you the impression Bernardo Silva can't last a whole season in high intensity? And why on earth would we need Lampards and Essiens when we're talking about wingers, and already have the likes of Matic/Kante/Alonso and engines all over? 

Sounds like you want us to be Stoke, and that you think only Stokes can win the league now. It seems you'd rather flat-track physically bully teams to a title than enjoy the beautiful game being played how it's supposed to be played, with feet. That's just sad. We'd be the only top team latching onto that insane anti-football mentality.

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

And who would play instead of Costa?

Hazard, Pedro or Michy. We've played without a pure striker before this season and done well, so it's not like Conte doesn't have options to field a mobile and skillful player up front.

Really impressed me against Man City x2. would slot nicely into our Right wing for 343 or top of a 352 midfield. Gives us another hazard on the other side and also a backup creative force if hazard does move on eventually. Would be absolutely thrilled to sign him in the summer. Wizard on the ball. I am not worried about the height at all, to not sign an attacking player with his skill level cause he is a couple inches shorter than someone deems essential is ludicrous in my mind. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You