Asmir Begovic

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as he is bit of a pointless signing imo, might as well sign someone like Green. Courtois will play like 90% of all the games anyway.

Might as well leave the goal empty , than put green in it

As good as he is bit of a pointless signing imo, might as well sign someone like Green. Courtois will play like 90% of all the games anyway.

bayern - neuer, reina

RM - casillas, navas

barca - bravo, stegen

even ATM - moya, oblak.

its about that uncertainity of an injury. for an outfield player, you can play someone out of position (like zouma for matic), but a good team needs 1 WC GK and another good GK. i hope no one has forgotten ross trollbull and hilarious.

Why? Begovic is 5 years younger than Green, also HG and a better keeper in general. Perfect back up.

Might as well leave the goal empty , than put green in it

Why? Begovic is 5 years younger than Green, also HG and a better keeper in general. Perfect back up.

bayern - neuer, reina

RM - casillas, navas

barca - bravo, stegen

even ATM - moya, oblak.

its about that uncertainity of an injury. for an outfield player, you can play someone out of position (like zouma for matic), but a good team needs 1 WC GK and another good GK. i hope no one has forgotten ross trollbull and hilarious.

Ah no you guys got me wrong I didn't question his ability, I think he is one of the top 10 GK in BPL, maybe even top 5 at the moment. However if we are still worried about FFP I just think spending around 1m rather than 8m on a backup that most likely won't play many games at all is better, but maybe if our budget allows it 8m is fine too.

thats a fake quote is not on his page. also he is a knob who just like getting attention

Actually it now looks like he said it , in the newspaper

Ah no you guys got me wrong I didn't question his ability, I think he is one of the top 10 GK in BPL, maybe even top 5 at the moment. However if we are still worried about FFP I just think spending around 1m rather than 8m on a backup that most likely won't play many games at all is better, but maybe if our budget allows it 8m is fine too.

cech -

amortized fee = 0

wages = 5.2 (according to wagnh)

transfer value = 10mil

total = -4.8mil

begovic -

amortized fee = 8/5 = 1.6mil

wages = 70k~ 3.5mil (his current is 35k so even if we say that he gets a 100% hike, http://sportsearning.com/2013/02/21/asmir-begovic-salary-or-income/)

total = 5.1mil

so the 2nd GK spot would cost us a mere 0.3mil (if that, i have taken cech's transfer fee to be only 10mil, so actually we might be earning some).

for the next year, begovic will cost us 5.1mil, which is same as what cech cost us on the books.

and like you said, his ability is not even in question. for those 15 games, maybe (25-30 in case courtois) gets injured, we are in very safe hands.

cech -

amortized fee = 0

transfer value = 10mil

total = -4.8mil

begovic -

wages = 70k~ 3.5mil (his current is 35k so even if we say that he gets a 100% hike, http://sportsearning.com/2013/02/21/asmir-begovic-salary-or-income/)

total = 5.1mil

so the 2nd GK spot would cost us a mere 0.3mil (if that, i have taken cech's transfer fee to be only 10mil, so actually we might be earning some).

for the next year, begovic will cost us 5.1mil, which is same as what cech cost us on the books.

and like you said, his ability is not even in question. for those 15 games, maybe (25-30 in case courtois) gets injured, we are in very safe hands.

I just wish we had got it done before Cech left .

Oh, fair enough however we never know if Courtois will pick up a serious injury, God forbid but things happen in football. I would rather know we have a very good goalkeeper for back up. For instance last season Courtois missed a couple of games I think with injury. Incase something like that happens again this season, the difference between having a very good keeper and a decent one will show. Look how many times Cech came in and he done well. That is because we had 2 world class keepers. Begovic may not be world class but he is a very good keeper and when you consider we are buying him for less than we sold Cech for, very good deal.

Also, UEFA are easing the FFP rules which will delight PSG and City. We were well in the rules of FFP rules anyway so good deal.

Oh, fair enough however we never know if Courtois will pick up a serious injury, God forbid but things happen in football. I would rather know we have a very good goalkeeper for back up. For instance last season Courtois missed a couple of games I think with injury. Incase something like that happens again this season, the difference between having a very good keeper and a decent one will show. Look how many times Cech came in and he done well. That is because we had 2 world class keepers. Begovic may not be world class but he is a very good keeper and when you consider we are buying him for less than we sold Cech for, very good deal.

Also, UEFA are easing the FFP rules which will delight PSG and City. We were well in the rules of FFP rules anyway so good deal.

That's bitter sweet from our persoective.

Bitter because City can refresh their ageing squad now but sweet because lets be honest here If FFP got fully implemated United have a beyond ridiculous advantage.

cech -

amortized fee = 0

transfer value = 10mil

total = -4.8mil

begovic -

total = 5.1mil

Well reasoned point I think.

It could be that there would still have been a tiny residue of PC's transfer fee on the books. He signed several renewals while here and each time he did the balance of his fee would have been amortised over the length of his new deal. There would therefore have been some amount due in the accounts for next season. However small the amount involved, it would raise PCs book costs and, using your equation, that would increase the FFP saving we make by replacing Cech with Begovic.

The relatively small saving does imply though that we should tell Stoke to take a hike with their reported fee plus free loan asking price. Including a loan player for nothing, when that player would otherwise command a loan fee, changes the equation again and would make this a bad deal. PC would already have been one of the most expensive backup keepers around but only because he was on a contract which reflected his status as a starter and a superstar. We wouldn't go out and recruit a backup goalie on that sort of a contract so neither should we recruit one that would end up costing a lot more in FFP terms.

Well reasoned point I think.

It could be that there would still have been a tiny residue of PC's transfer fee on the books. He signed several renewals while here and each time he did the balance of his fee would have been amortised over the length of his new deal. There would therefore have been some amount due in the accounts for next season. However small the amount involved, it would raise PCs book costs and, using your equation, that would increase the FFP saving we make by replacing Cech with Begovic.

The relatively small saving does imply though that we should tell Stoke to take a hike with their reported fee plus free loan asking price. Including a loan player for nothing, when that player would otherwise command a loan fee, changes the equation again and would make this a bad deal. PC would already have been one of the most expensive backup keepers around but only because he was on a contract which reflected his status as a starter and a superstar. We wouldn't go out and recruit a backup goalie on that sort of a contract so neither should we recruit one that would end up costing a lot more in FFP terms.

transfer fee = 7
year amortized fee for the year
04-05 1.4
05-06 1.4
06-07 0.84 signed a contract extension left fee 4.2
07-08 0.84
08-09 0.504 signed a contract extension left fee 2.52
09-10 0.504
10-11 0.504
11-12 0.504
12-13 0.126 signed a contract extension left fee 0.504
13-14 0.126
14-15 0.126
15-16 0.126
so basically its 125k of unamortized fee left.

I just wish we had got it done before Cech left .

Cech was in a hurry to leave because he didn't want to spend another season on the bench, on the other hand Begovic has no hurries to leave Stoke because he will be there 1st choice even if he doesn't win a trophy with them. And it doesn't matter if Cech went earlier as long as it is a matter of when not if begovic is joining