Asmir Begovic

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homegrown quality, as well.

This could be our most sensible signing in years.

Not sure about the most sensible bit but I do think the ink should be dry by now on the cheque we wrote them.

Yeah he's better quality than those two.

But how many appearances is he realistically going to make?

Shwarzer made 4 appreaces for us in 1 season.

Hilario, 20 in 8 seasons.

Turnbull, 7 in 4 seasons.

Cudicini, (after Cech was signed therefore made second choice). 40?? times in 5 seasons, mainly due to Cechs injury.

Where Cech is 11 mil and will make at least 30 apps in one season and will save them a shit load more points than Begovic would save us.

I just don't see how 8mil is feasible for a back up keeper, that's just me.

It's the same as when people say Sterling isn't worth 50mil.

Turnbull is also a CL medal winner! So..yeahh

Yeah but the risk was still there in all those years. Injuries are not exact science. Like last season for example Cech made around 15(?) appearances . And a team like Chelsea plays a lot of crucial games - like vs Arsenal last season, Courtois got a concussion.

If a top home-grown keeper like Begovic wants to sign for Chelsea, I would gladly take him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/09/asmir-begovic-chelsea-8m-transfer-stoke-city-marco-van-ginkel

Guardian (and Daily Telegraph) reports Begovic will complete the move on Friday and Van Ginkel will join Stoke on loan as part of the deal.

And for you all accountants out there, Begovic is likely to earn £75,000 a week - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11730281/Chelsea-transfer-news-Asmir-Begovic-poised-to-complete-8million-move-to-Stamford-Bridge-on-Friday.html

Van Ginkel to Stoke on loan will be interesting.Big chance in the prem for the young lad what with N'Zonzi going and a first team space available. If all goes through without a hitch good luck to him. Hope he comes back to us ready for our first team :)

Makes sense. Stoke probably wanted replacement before selling and now that they got Given, nothing else can hold the deal (I assume the fee and Begovic agreement have been settled earlier).

Tomorrow we should see the announcement then.

Need definitely moving, let's just hope someone doesn't hijack the deal (99% won't but still).

Begovic is one of those footballers I really like for no reason and I'm very very happy he's joining us.

Wait why didn't we give them Loftus-Cheek on loan instead? Thats ridiculous actually, if they wanted him he'd easily play more there than here...

Love that,how you asked a question and than immediately answered it yourself!