Asmir Begovic

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Chelsea keeper Carlo Cudicini reckons there are plenty of reasons to join Jose Mourinhos men - even as second choice behind Courtois.

Cudicini, who spent four and a half years as Cechs back-up at Stamford Bridge, said: If you are a goalkeeper that wants to prove himself, its a club where you can definitely be tested.

The season is long; you have a lot of games to play. It happened last year with Petr Cech. He ended up playing around 15 games. So you have space and time to show the ability and your skill, so why not (go there)?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/587817/Chelsea-Man-Utd-Falcao-Turan-Cuadrado-Barcelona-Club-News-Transfer-Gossip

Probably won't make any announcements until the new kit and training merchandising is revealed I would think.

Club would probably want that Yokohama logo plastered everywhere in all of the pics of each new signing.

Isn't that today? I have seen the new training gear announced and checked itout on the megastore, nothing about the kit yet though

Lol are we all going to say Begovic is better than Cech because Cech left to go Arsenal? No, Begovic is good but not near Cech level. Big upgrade on Turnball.

no you freak, 1 person said he'd be a bloody upgrade, not that he's better than Cech, and the other post said that at the moment he's the right player to have considering age differences; the post then says that comparing both in their prime, Cech is better.

weird post, saying 'are we all' lmao

no you freak, 1 person said he'd be a bloody upgrade, not that he's better than Cech, and the other post said that at the moment he's the right player to have considering age differences; the post then says that comparing both in their prime, Cech is better.

weird post, saying 'are we all' lmao

Someone's forgotten to take their tablets.

why doesn't chelsea not offer moses for a straight swap deal for begovic instead of offering money

Because Moses did not want return to Stoke City, according to Telegraph.

I'd say a level down on Hart and Lloris. But slightly better than Ospina.

Maybe a little below than Lloris. But Hart I would say not better. City defenders make him looks better than it should imo.

Why the heck is the age of a backup GK even relevant? As if Begovic or any other GK is gonna play second fiddle to Courtois for 10 years.

If anything, the more experience your backup goalie has (they're usually well over 30), the better.

Why the heck is the age of a backup GK even relevant? As if Begovic or any other GK is gonna play second fiddle to Courtois for 10 years.

If anything, the more experience your backup goalie has (they're usually well over 30), the better.

So that we could sell him and get decent money if he want to go after couple of years or so?

So that we could sell him and get decent money if he want to go after couple of years or so?

I think the kind of fee a GK would command after a few years on the bench is pocket change for clubs like Chelsea. Resale value isn't important for backup goalies when you look at the history of transfers. Perform when you're called upon and you have proven your worth.

Did I read the part on Begovic signing a £4m per year contract right? Is it me or is that unsually high?

I think the kind of fee a GK would command after a few years on the bench is pocket change for clubs like Chelsea. Resale value isn't important for backup goalies when you look at the history of transfers. Perform when you're called upon and you have proven your worth.

Did I read the part on Begovic signing a £4m per year contract right? Is it me or is that unsually high?

Yes it is just a couple of millions. But I am sure with 'only' 28 years old, HG, good quality and ready for 2nd choice, makes him a perfect replacement for Cech at the moment. If he could stay for 3-4 years and settling in well, I bet he will don't mind staying and sign another extension.

So it means it is a good investment on him, in term of age. We could settle for 1st and 2nd GK for years.

About the salary, yes it is true. Cech got around 5m. Not surprised he demand 4m.

Yes it is just a couple of millions. But I am sure with 'only' 28 years old, HG, good quality and ready for 2nd choice, makes him a perfect replacement for Cech at the moment. If he could stay for 3-4 years and settling in well, I bet he will don't mind staying and sign another extension.

So it means it is a good investment on him, in term of age. We could settle for 1st and 2nd GK for years.

About the salary, yes it is true. Cech got around 5m. Not surprised he demand 4m.

Cech was on first choice GK salary, a world-class GK that had been at the club for many years as well. I'm surprised Begovic will make make that much but whatever.

Cech was on first choice GK salary, a world-class GK that had been at the club for many years as well. I'm surprised Begovic will make make that much but whatever.

Yes, it is considered quite high for backup GK, but I don't think it is a big problem for us. We also pay ridiculous amount of money all this time for players like Moses, Romeu, Marin, Van Ginkel, McEachran. Get rid some of them, not mentioning their transfer fee, will make some room in our salary budget instantly.

We pay Begovic for his quality.