Asmir Begovic

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one's? Out of the top teams (i.e. the ones with a real chance of winning it or likely to go far) I don't think he will get in any.

He's a very good keeper. He could have a shot to start at City imo. Also, a few Italian clubs and fight for a spot at Dortmund.

He's a very good keeper. He could have a shot to start at City imo. Also, a few Italian clubs and fight for a spot at Dortmund.

Begovic would certainly replace Weidenfeller indeed. But Bvb has no CL football for next season and who knows what will happen if things dont work out for them in future.

Which one's? Out of the top teams (i.e. the ones with a real chance of winning it or likely to go far) I don't think he will get in any.

He wouldn't get into many. Does not mean he is inferior to them but just ebcause they don't need him. But if they sold their top choice keepers I think Begovic is capable of being no.1 at many top teams in the PL and around Europe.

Mainly Atletico since he'd be an instant upgrade & Juve. Buffon can't play forever and he'd step right in as #1 in 2 or so seasons, maybe even 1.

Man United if De Gea leaves (If i were him i'd wait for that case to become clear then wait for them to bit, which they would, surely.)

All 3 teams have the potential to go far in the CL next season, and all could use Begovic more than us I believe.

Despite these limited options he's chosen to go to a club where the current player in his position is basically certain to be playing week in week out for 10+ years. Why would you do that?

Money speaks a lot. He will be earning more than double as back up here than he would as starter at Stoke. Also none of the other top teams in the PL need him so have not bid for him. United might if DDG leaves but even then I think Lloris might be there no.1 target and we really need a back up keeper while the other top teams have their back up keepers sorted.

If all what we hear is right I hope we dont lose a player we need and wont arguably get a better one because of procrastinating and penny pinching. Lets hope we dont see his arse in red. Might just teach us a lesson tho that we have to pay for the good players available when we get the chance.

Good old Troll Beasley is just full of good news this week, isn't he?

Denies we're after every world class player the media is linking us with and now says we aren't close to signing the backup keeper everyone else is reporting is a mere formality.

Because some keepers don't mind, Reina went to Bayern knowing he hasn't got a cat in hells chance of outing Neuer, Toldo happily stayed on the Inter bench for years after being dropped likewise Cudicini with us.

Also Atletico made a big financial commitment in young Jan Oblak, even if Begovic is better Simeone won't replace a keeper he signed for the long term after a year. Buffon can't go on forever but Is still going at the minute.

Wouldn't even say Begovic is better than Oblak or Moya either, or if he is it isn't by very much, both are certainly very good goalkeepers....

Agree with your point too, some goalkeepers as stupid as it sounds, go to clubs specifically to be number 2s and win trophies.

Good old Troll Beasley is just full of good news this week, isn't he?

Denies we're after every world class player the media is linking us with and now says we aren't close to signing the backup keeper everyone else is reporting is a mere formality.

He seems to be so insecure. I mean no offence to the guy, but he has this mindset that only he can break Chelsea news, or only he is right. Hates the thought of any other journo beating him to news.

For instance, the Stadium stuff he said "I notice the papers are reporting the stadium story i broke already!!"

EDIT: Also, wouldnt rule out Utd pinching Begovic now Madrid seem to be selling Casillas, which in turn probably means DDG to them, and Utd swoop in for Bego

People really don't like Beasley do they? I suppose as a fan you don't like bad news. Anyway all he said was it isn't done YET, which was in response to Di mazio saying it was pretty much done. He seems to have gotten everything right thus far.

People really don't like Beasley do they? I suppose as a fan you don't like bad news. Anyway all he said was it isn't done YET, which was in response to Di mazio saying it was pretty much done. He seems to have gotten everything right thus far.

The guy seems alright himself. Many people hate the way he acts and how he always shoots down other people's stories re.Chelsea, but bigs up his own

EDIT: Anyone else hate reading Weaintgotnohistory articles? They come across right cocky pricks

EDIT: Anyone else hate reading Weaintgotnohistory articles? They come across right cocky pricks

They have some great articles written by a couple of very good guys and theres alot of good active members on there.

And until April when we went to the Gooners I used to go there often. But the Gooners blog site on SB Nation did an interview (I think it was with David Pasztor) And there was alot of healthy banter going back n forth. But apparently I must have gone over the top by posting this. Which I thought was very mild and Id never INTENTIONALLY troll a place and if I was to it bloody well woldnt be using my real IP or username ffs!

th_weber-tears_zpsuvx0wodk.gif

He seems to be so insecure. I mean no offence to the guy, but he has this mindset that only he can break Chelsea news, or only he is right. Hates the thought of any other journo beating him to news.

Theres alot of people online who have very big egos and they like them being stroked at every opportunity.

I hope we do get him. I cant see us getting a better 2nd keeper really so we shouldn't umm and arhh about it.

I'm surprised Utd dont get Ospina. Id say we get him but I really do want him to fight for his place and make Petr sit on the bench. Oh what jolly fun that would be.

I was going to write that we got Szczęsny but I started laughing so much I couldn't see the keyboard.