Costa or Kane

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of irrelevant posts hidden and I will remove more later, and also if it continues. Spike has spoken and I won't add anymore than that.

What I will say is this....Whether you have donated or not, if you go against the rules and are a constant abuser of them you will be warned/banned, simple as that.

Get back on topic and start debating things correctly, if you want to talk to each other the PM facility is right there.

(Look at all the armchair moderators [emoji38] you lot could cause arguments in a padded cell).

Back on topic: still Costa. He#'s just out of form. He has been for 11 months, though, which worries me.

Do mods run around then whilst on here rather than be in their armchairs?

I thought Costa was ok from Jan to end of season in the matches he played in and the real loss of form happened over the summer.

He was still scoring ( not as much I know )and his contribution in games was still decent

Of course, but when De Bruyne and Lukaku are getting more love and appreciation than Courtois and Hazard, two Players who have contributed great times and trophies to This club, it doesn't sit right for me.

Not fair.

Courtois is considered one of the best or to be precise the 2nd best Gk in the world behind neuer (correctly) by most on here.

Hazard was considered as the world's 3rd best player by most (including me). With that tag comes a LOT of expectations. Hazard hAs been poor (not just average) for the majority of the season. So people were going to be disappointed.

So I think our players get due recognition from our fans.

And due criticism too.

As far as kdb And lukaku are concerned, I think they are given so much appreciation cos of 1 thing - Jose.

Jose's antics have cost us 2 very good players. Lukaku is developing as most of here expected him to and at an age of 22, he is already a very good striker. He is better than our current no.2 and no.3. And he is at costa' level or not much far behind. In the current form, he is looking way better.

And then comes the curious case of Oscar. The lesser said the better about this sAga. His blind faith in Oscar has cost us not only mata but kdb too. I mean not just the fact that we lost kdb who most of us knew was already better than Oscar but the fact that a lot of us or at least me never rated Oscar much. I never got the hype surrounding him. An average player having consistency issues, creativity issues, passing issues, ball retention issues. I mean did Jose and our fans really delude themselves into believing that he would have a "hazard-like development". That "Oscar just needs a pre-season to become a world class player"? Some of the excuses for Oscar were downright laughable.

So I don't think it's related to the players but simply another way of "rightly" criticisiZing Jose.

Not fair.

Courtois is considered one of the best or to be precise the 2nd best Gk in the world behind neuer (correctly) by most on here.

Hazard was considered as the world's 3rd best player by most (including me). With that tag comes a LOT of expectations. Hazard hAs been poor (not just average) for the majority of the season. So people were going to be disappointed.

So I think our players get due recognition from our fans.

And due criticism too.

As far as kdb And lukaku are concerned, I think they are given so much appreciation cos of 1 thing - Jose.

Jose's antics have cost us 2 very good players. Lukaku is developing as most of here expected him to and at an age of 22, he is already a very good striker. His blind faith in Oscar has cost us not only mata but kdb too. I mean not just the fact that we lost kdb who most of us knew was already better than Oscar but the fact that a lot of us or at least me never rated Oscar much. So I don't think it's related to the players but simply another way of "rightly" criticisiZing Jose.

Was exactly the Same with Sturridge until Costa came and eased the pain, and he wasn't sold by Jose.

With Tibo and Eden, I'm not saying they aren't appreciated in general, but the smallest mistake the former made last season had a group shouting for Cechs return and Hazard even last season was often critisised for not doing enough.

The only person that regularly critisises Lukaku and KDB is Paq and it felt like he was facing their legal defense teams.

Kevin ill give was a mistake but sorry Mata was the right decision.

Was exactly the Same with Sturridge until Costa came and eased the pain, and he wasn't sold by Jose.

With Tibo and Eden, I'm not saying they aren't appreciated in general, but the smallest mistake the former made last season had a group shouting for Cechs return and Hazard even last season was often critisised for not doing enough.

The only person that regularly critisises Lukaku and KDB is Paq and it felt like he was facing their legal defense teams.

Kevin ill give was a mistake but sorry Mata was the right decision.

I edited some parts of my post. So give it a read.

Well, Sturridge was obvious too. At a moment when our only striker was Torres, we sold Sturridge when most on here wanted him to be our no1. Hell, I remember a moment when Sturridge gave an interview saying "I can be a 20 goal striker". Some of us said it was true and people humiliated us. Same goes with Bertrand. I remember saying Bertrand was a good LB and should have been give. A chance only for TOPTB to say that ake was as good and Bertrand will always be a relegation to mid table team player. So sometimes in these cases people want to be vindicated. I can understand that (since I don't think anyone has got more abuse about Oscar than me). So maybe people go overboard praising the Ex players.

But as far as our own players go. I have to disagree. Specially considering thibo and hazard. People wanted Cech cps of emotional relations but I think a massive majority of fans accepted them as the 2nd best Gk and 3rd best player.

As for paq. Let's not discuss that. When you say costa was MOTM and act as if without him we would have lost against Norwich but demean Kane for a hattrick against Bournemouth, there is only so much I can personally understand.

As for mata. Selling mata and making Oscar as no1 for the sake of "balance" and then buying cesc as a CM for the sake of vreativity is something I just will never understand. One of the worst decisions in my opinion.

I edited some parts of my post. So give it a read.

Well, Sturridge was obvious too. At a moment when our only striker was Torres, we sold Sturridge when most on here wanted him to be our no1. Hell, I remember a moment when Sturridge gave an interview saying "I can be a 20 goal striker". Some of us said it was true and people humiliated us. Same goes with Bertrand. I remember saying Bertrand was a good LB and should have been give. A chance only for TOPTB to say that ake was as good and Bertrand will always be a relegation to mid table team player. So sometimes in these cases people want to be vindicated. I can understand that (since I don't think anyone has got more abuse about Oscar than me). So maybe people go overboard praising the Ex players.

But as far as our own players go. I have to disagree. Specially considering thibo and hazard. People wanted Cech cps of emotional relations but I think a massive majority of fans accepted them as the 2nd best Gk and 3rd best player.

As for paq. Let's not discuss that. When you say costa was MOTM and act as if without him we would have lost against Norwich but demean Kane for a hattrick against Bournemouth, there is only so much I can personally understand.

As for mata. Selling mata and making Oscar as no1 for the sake of "balance" and then buying cesc as a CM for the sake of vreativity is something I just will never understand. One of the worst decisions in my opinion.

Fair enough with the rest however Mata can defiently understand, Cesc was brought in for our creativity from deep and Mata can't play in the pivot, and as average at best and awful at worst Cesc is defensively, he's still better by far than Mata in that regard.

Also I think with Mata we saw the best form of his career with us in first half of 12/13, if wasn't just under Jose he lost form he was second half of that season too, and he's hardly been lighting the world up for United, in fact last season some of them critisised his end product and lack of assists, which was the main material for Mata in the Mata vs Oscar argument.

Taking the emotional side out of it, getting £37m for Juan was an incredible bit of buisness, easily up there with the money we got for Svhurrle and Luiz.

Fair enough with the rest however Mata can defiently understand, Cesc was brought in for our creativity from deep and Mata can't play in the pivot, and as average at best and awful at worst Cesc is defensively, he's still better by far than Mata in that regard.

Also I think with Mata we saw the best form of his career with us in first half of 12/13, if wasn't just under Jose he lost form he was second half of that season too, and he's hardly been lighting the world up for United, in fact last season some of them critisised his end product and lack of assists, which was the main material for Mata in the Mata vs Oscar argument.

Taking the emotional side out of it, getting £37m for Juan was an incredible bit of buisness, easily up there with the money we got for Svhurrle and Luiz.

Nope. You misunderstood me.

I would rather prefer

Costa

Hazard - mata- William

Matic-Cm

Than the current scenario. Cesc was mainly bought for "creativity" which mata is much better at. And if we sold mata for 37 mil, we bought cesc for 30mil. And for me, it was a much worse deal. Mata as a Cam for us is a totally different scenario than mata as a RW in United.

• 2 weeks later...

How stupid I was when I posted this in the first page of the thread. :lol:

And the others who called this thread embarrassing on the first page...suddenly this thread isn't embarrassing, the tables have turned...

Now I choose Kane in a heartbeat. And I probably won't change my answer again.

no reason to be ashamed of your post. Even people who didnt like the way Costa played at the time could have seen how bad he would have turned in the space of a few months.

Costa is extremely overrated. To me he's a physical version of Falcao i.e quality and efficient finisher, technically deficient and awful outside the 18 yard box most of the time. Harry cane on the otherhand is actually a proper footballer first and foremost. he can hold the ball up brilliantly, bring others into play, link up play well, superior technical ability and He's not only having one of the best breakthrough season ever in top flight football but also outscoring and definitely outperforming Costa, this despite being 5 years younger.

Harry has a significantly better all round game and would be a much better fit for this team as he's a lot more tactically versatile. technically gifted enough to excel in a possession based team and tactically smart enough to play in a counter attacking set up. We have lacked someone that can hold the ball up and bring others into play in difficult games this season.

And no doubt there will be plenty of "you are embarrassing", "I can't believe what I'm reading" "spoilt" "trolling" and other predictable and overused rhetorics but when one actually sits back, watch and analyse both players closely, look at the numbers without any blue tinted glasses. . . . . . . .

So to answer the OP question yes I would swap Costa for kane

again Lionsden seems to have been proved correct . Interesting to see the views when the thread was opened

How stupid I was when I posted this in the first page of the thread. :lol:

And the others who called this thread embarrassing on the first page...suddenly this thread isn't embarrassing, the tables have turned...

Now I choose Kane in a heartbeat. And I probably won't change my answer again.

thanks after your post I looked back at the first page and the abuse the OP got for starting this thread

Costa is extremely overrated. To me he's a physical version of Falcao i.e quality and efficient finisher, technically deficient and awful outside the 18 yard box most of the time. Harry cane on the otherhand is actually a proper footballer first and foremost. he can hold the ball up brilliantly, bring others into play, link up play well, superior technical ability and He's not only having one of the best breakthrough season ever in top flight football but also outscoring and definitely outperforming Costa, this despite being 5 years younger.

Harry has a significantly better all round game and would be a much better fit for this team as he's a lot more tactically versatile. technically gifted enough to excel in a possession based team and tactically smart enough to play in a counter attacking set up. We have lacked someone that can hold the ball up and bring others into play in difficult games this season.

And no doubt there will be plenty of "you are embarrassing", "I can't believe what I'm reading" "spoilt" "trolling" and other predictable and overused rhetorics but when one actually sits back, watch and analyse both players closely, look at the numbers without any blue tinted glasses. . . . . . . .

So to answer the OP question yes I would swap Costa for kane

How right you have been proven...

Same that you mentioned with Oscar. Jack of all trades, master of none and now he is been shown up big time for it.