Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Cahill has a quality game but it shows whatever happens, none of our youth have a real chance of making it here with Mourinho in charge when Ake, who has played DM before and done very well does not start. Mourinho will never trust the youth over experience. Cahill has never played DM before. FWIW Cahill might perform excellently and silence a few people but I just give up on thinking one of our academy products will actually make the full grade which is a shame.

Anyway, we have a final to look to. COYB! :blue scalf:

Come on, Blues... and come on, Cahill, do yourself a favor and shut all of us up.

God help us indeed, but well, we'll be cheering for the team, expecting the worse but waiting for the better

guys guys, this is obviousley a 5-4-1. I doubt Cahill is playing in the pivot.

Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Cahill, Fabregas; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard.

(This is what mourinho thinks, and then we just counter)

Cech

Iva - Zouma - Cahill - JT - Azpi

Willian - Ramires - Fabregas - Hazard

Costa

in reality it might look more like:

Cech

Zouma Cahill JT Azpi

Iva - Ramires - Fabregas

Willian - Costa - Hazard

if that was the case Luis would be in the LB, he isn't. I think people are fooling themselves. One of our CBs is going to be a pivot player, the question is who.

We'll see, I just dont believe that Cahill will play in the midfield. Maybe he will be a little bit higher up the pitch than our 2 other CBs but he will play as a defender and not run around like a normal defensive midfielder.

Mourinho is clever if you don't trust him then why support the the team, because he did amazing back when he was our manager and I know he can do the same again the only difference is our team.

Are you seriously justifying parking the bus after spending over 100 million? This is unacceptable from a top team like us, I hate this negative brand of football Mourinho brings, its even worse when we lose the game like whats likely gonna happen today

I am not a fan of cahill in midfield. Seems a bit too negative to me it's not like we are playing real Madrid. We should respect the opposition obv and it will be far from easy. We all remember the last time we played spurs without matic but I'm concerned at us being true defensive and trying to soak up a lot of pressure.

Still I'm intrigued by it and hope it all goes to plan. COME ON THE CHELS!

My lineup for the match didn't even need to have Ake. I know Mou wouldn't play him and I don't have a problem with that.

If he wants to deploy a defender in the pivot the man for the job was Filipe Luís, not Gary Back-Off-Till-There's-No-Tomorrow Cahill. If he's bad in a high defense, how could he be good in the midfield? He's the kind of the defender that has to play with the GK breath on his neck, he's made for the protected defense, not to protect defense. That's the biggest BS I've seen Mourinho try.

Are you seriously justifying parking the bus after spending over 100 million? This is unacceptable from a top team like us, I hate this negative brand of football Mourinho brings, its even worse when we lose the game like whats likely gonna happen today

We don't "park the bus" we just have different tactics jeez.