Ashley Cole

Madmax

Should have rotated Cole for Ryan, just like Lampard was dropped for Mikel, I guess.

This week's CL line-up will be interesting...it should give an idea about how Jose plans to use the squad this season.

Jose already said in an interview on CTV that he will rotate players for the CL. But then again he said he would for the first 4 games of the season but didn't.

I dont know if it has been already posted, i can't be bothered going through the thread to see, but did everyone see this random video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2422592/Ashley-Cole-abused-American-woman--VIDEO.html

I dont know if it has been already posted, i can't be bothered going through the thread to see, but did everyone see this random video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2422592/Ashley-Cole-abused-American-woman--VIDEO.html

The same thing has been posted in just the post above yours..

I think he can still perform worldclass, but definitely not on a constant basis.

Bertrand is waiting on the bench, throw him in the fire.

Or if they believe he is not good enough, then we just need to make another buy.

One thing is sure, Cole isn't capable of playing week in - week out anymore.

Hit's a brick wall as soon as starts getting forward, he can't cross and is so tentative at playing a one-two because he's worried about losing the ball and having to track back. Similar to Ivanovic on the other side, great at defending but going forward they are restricted ability wise.

In my honest opinion i think we should preserve cole for the big games only from now on.

And have you noticed in the big games - when Ashley tends to play brilliantly - he's asked to defend and nothing else?

Ashley is a quality defender. When he needs to defend he almost always comes through. But ask him to cross, or link up with his winger and you notice why he struggles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates on Ash's injury yet? I hope he's aright as we need him.

Jose said that he did not know about the injury when he took him off, so he did not ask to be subbed off which probably means it's not as bad as we thought.

On the game, he was good in the second half, but in the first he got caught out so many times by the ball over his head.

Not too worried about his injury because I do believe Bertrand can fill in easily.

besides, Cole isn't getting any younger. Either we start playing Bertrand or we need to find a fit replacement.

Fullbacks can't really go much further than 32 I'm afraid; they just rely too much on pace.