Chelsea v Sporting Lisbon

Jase

But Luis and Schurrle ARE getting a look in, they just haven't proven to be better than the regulars. Its all about making the most out of the opportunities given to you, the manager needs to know he can trust you in every situation. In Schurrle's case he hasn't done that and Luis' he hasn't been better than Azpili...

The youth have to prove to be top level not just academy grads. If they're given the chance they have to perform at a high level. Ake is doing that when given chances and he will play more...

Exactly! You get given chances, and if you impress then you retain your place in the team (unless your name is Torres unfortunately...).

Courtois got the chance to be first choice GK from Cech with both his performances last season and this pre-season. He's played really well, and so keeps his place. Just like Cech got the chance from Carlo back in the day.

Players will get their chances, Ake has got a few with more looking imminent. If he continues impressing I have no doubt that he will become the 4th choice CM/DM in our team.

Salah and Schurrle have been getting chances and butchering them badly. But there is no reason to lose faith in them yet, look at how good Salah is for Egypt and how good he was for Basel, how good Schurrle was for Germany in the summer and for us in patches. They will get more chances, they need to start taking them.

Leave Shirley alone!!1 Jose said he's been ill for more than a month. Hope he plays well tonight :)

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I demand Zouma and Ake to start the game. I hope RLC gets chance at some point too.

Diego will start because he had most rest from our players and I think its vital for him to get minutes to get back in form. Cesc will probably play too as he wont play on weekend and Matic will probably play because he didnt vs castle. But that could backfire again, however Mou will still play them...I just want Ake to start the game unlese he is injured.

Hasn't really impressed when healthy though

Before illness (ill after gameweek 7) he played cca 300 mins in 6 games in BPL, scored 2 goals, created 4 chances, 5 wins, 1 draw, 3 clean sheets kept.

not good enough... Stats don't tell the entire story either.

I agree that stats don't tell everything, but I think he's been enough criticized in the last few weeks.

I'm not going to blindly defend him, but I think that we should wait and see how he's goin to play in next few weeks.

Hope he'll get enough playing time.