Chelsea v Sporting Lisbon

Jase

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schurrle has been quite abysmal this year. I'll still support him but he needs to show up.

It's easier to dream about a carrot with wings than it is with Schurrle and a shot on target. Same with Salah.

Pick it up.

He was ill for more than a month, Jose said that few days ago. Read something before talking nonsense.

Probably one of the first times this season that I am really excited to see the starting line-up. Altough most of the team will most likely be first team players like Salah/Schurrle and Costa, it would be great to see players like Ake/Baker get a start, I doubt RLC will start, but one can hope.

I don't know about that. I'm skeptic. Mourinho can make all the promises he wants in the press but as long there isn't anything tangible to back the claims, i'll remain skeptic. He's shown a strict preference to a core XI, where by even Luis, Schurrle aren't getting much of a look-in let alone the youth

But Luis and Schurrle ARE getting a look in, they just haven't proven to be better than the regulars. Its all about making the most out of the opportunities given to you, the manager needs to know he can trust you in every situation. In Schurrle's case he hasn't done that and Luis' he hasn't been better than Azpili...

The youth have to prove to be top level not just academy grads. If they're given the chance they have to perform at a high level. Ake is doing that when given chances and he will play more...

But Luis and Schurrle ARE getting a look in, they just haven't proven to be better than the regulars. Its all about making the most out of the opportunities given to you, the manager needs to know he can trust you in every situation. In Schurrle's case he hasn't done that and Luis' he hasn't been better than Azpili...

The youth have to prove to be top level not just academy grads. If they're given the chance they have to perform at a high level. Ake is doing that when given chances and he will play more...

Exactly! You get given chances, and if you impress then you retain your place in the team (unless your name is Torres unfortunately...).

Courtois got the chance to be first choice GK from Cech with both his performances last season and this pre-season. He's played really well, and so keeps his place. Just like Cech got the chance from Carlo back in the day.

Players will get their chances, Ake has got a few with more looking imminent. If he continues impressing I have no doubt that he will become the 4th choice CM/DM in our team.

Salah and Schurrle have been getting chances and butchering them badly. But there is no reason to lose faith in them yet, look at how good Salah is for Egypt and how good he was for Basel, how good Schurrle was for Germany in the summer and for us in patches. They will get more chances, they need to start taking them.