Chelsea v Tottenham

Jase

It's at home? Oh, I thought it was an away game lol

Sp. Juan; Can you reopen the Lamps thread? That thing has been gathering dust for a good 2 months..

Not a chance that thread will be re-opened anytime soon, the English football thread has already taken that twist and we won't allow it.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound arrogant, I'm really not, but there is only one thing Chelsea should be looking for, and that's the win. Simple as that. A draw against that lot would be a massive dissapointment (I'm not even thinking about a defeat, it won't happen, Tottenham fans should forget about it, for them is either a draw, or a loss.) You simply can't fuck it up against the likes of Chiriches, Vertonghen, Mason, Bentaleb, Lennon, Kane or Soldado.

A bit of rotation won't do any harm, so I'd go for

Drogba

Eden Cesc Schurrle

Matic Ramires

Filipe JT Cahill Ivanovic

Courtois

we've got to win this one against Spurs. They played well against everton yesterday but even without Diego we should still be too strong for them. Why is it not on the telly?

Bring subs like Schurrle & Ramires into the starting XI and we die. We should have rotated vs Sunderland but we've missed that chance now. Weakening the team further after Costa's omission for a London derby coming off the back of a draw is nonsensical.

Even if we lose against Spurs(which I highly doubt) and City win in Sunderland we'd be on the top of the table.. How is this trouble?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :doh::doh: our morale will be low for next games and this is trouble dude.

Agree, but at the same time I understand iceboy concern, as if say we lose to Tottenham and City win against Sunderland, the gap only 3, next saturday we will face Newcastle away, the pressure is on us, if we lose again, City playing at home against weak team will have more high motivation and if they win the gap is 0 in less than 7 days from now..

Yes, the slip maybe not that stupid, but a double draw on those 2, and City double win, the gap will be only 2. That is still not, not good at all.

This is a must, must win game for us.

Agree mate, we are playing in St.James Park on Saturday and you know what we can expect there, always a difficult match, must must win against Spurs.

The press, as expected are all over us like a rash, and what was a disappointing draw the press have climbed all over the 'Chelsea meltdown is on' SSN this morning running a poll on 'Will City catch Chelsea' just leaves you rolling your eyes. We drew one game against a team that attacked with three and defended with 7, then 10. We weren't at our sharpest on Saturday that was clear, but I stress to everyone who I speak to about Chelsea, especially Chelsea fans that it cannot be 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 every game in cruise control, this league won't let it happen because teams are hell bent on shutting up shop like we saw on Saturday, but luckily not everyone can do it as effectively as Sunderland did.....and they did it well.

We are a different beast this season, don't let the Sunderland game dim the view of that, we look so sharp and we have assembled a scary looking squad. Costa missing Spurs is a loss but we can cope, in seasons gone by maybe not, but this season more so and I say that with confidence. He will get a rest and that's more worrying for the league than us. Stick Drogba or Remy on, it doesn't matter one jot, both have it in them to fill a big void for one game and they will I am sure of it. Sunderland has gone, the players won't dwell on it, neither should we, and we can put it right on Wednesday.

Up The Chels!!!!

Ups The Chels indeed however I am worried about Spurs - they are not pushovers, few weeks ago their team was lacking motivation clearly but they've got their tails up at the moment and their midfield movement is good.

I expect Lennon to start if I'm honest to give us something to think about.

Fabregas being aware of runners is key here.

Think I would play Remy for this one, Spurs like to play a high line and pressing game, which means Drogba wouldn't be best suited. Our best approach is probably from the wing with Willian and Hazard along with through ball for strikers to chase like that Remy goal against Spurs in the video above. Drogba is fine too, but just my 2cent