Christian Eriksen

I personally don't think we need him. He's a great prospect, but I feel Oscar has a higher ceiling and so does KDB. He'd be a great addition, for sure, but in the Danish National team he hasn't exactly been the star he was being hyped to be. Of course he's young, and will be a great player in the future, but in my opinion he'll go to a Spanish club instead of the BPL. My cousin actually knows Christian's parents, and have talked to him on several occasions. Might ask him for some insider knowledge lol :P

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

@F8Piraux

Christian Eriksen to Chelsea ? According to danish website Sporten.dk, Chelsea want the player this summer. #CFC #Eriksen #Ajax

in the one side,,i'm very happy to see another talented or wonderkid player for chelsea. but in the other side,,no more place for youngster like Chalobah or josh in the future....

in the one side,,i'm very happy to see another talented or wonderkid player for chelsea. but in the other side,,no more place for youngster like Chalobah or josh in the future....

Very much doubt it. His father doesn't want him to sign for us after we turned him down as a teenager.

Erisken plays a completely different position to them. Him coming here would not affect them two. Albeit the move is very unlikely. I doubt our staff will make a bid as we suitable players in that position and Eriksen will not want to come here IMO. He has so many suitors and the one he does join is likely to offer him a place in the starting eleven every week. That will not be us.

Hm. Don't see it happening given the fact he seems incredibly ambitious and while clearly believing in his own talent probably wouldn't want to compete for his spot like he would here - which is what our team currently lacks. Then also, yeah, the whole thing about his dad not liking us.

I feel he'd fit in best at one of the top Italian clubs as a rotation player or perhaps Liverpool.

A note: I've never felt that the hype surrounding him has been completely justified. I understand he's a good young player in his position, but I could quite easily come up with another 10 players who'd cost under £15m (around half of what Ajax are truly seeking from a potential transfer I believe), likely who're around the same age & talent as him. I believe that, like with Barcelona youth products, the fact he's simply from the Ajax system and gets games instantly adds to his reputation without it being earned and bumps up his price a hefty amount. I don't see that special 'it' in him like so many, including myself, see in players such as Oscar, Gotze, Hazard, Belhanda, De Bruyne, Draxler, Isco etc.

His playmaking abilities cannot really be questioned - but everything else can be.

Here is a player who, if taken out of his environment and tested at the highest level, would fail the test and regress into a squad player in my opinion.

We need this player.....

Just kidding. I like him as a player, but if I had to describe his style of play it would be 'like Oscar but not as good'. Classic playmaker who can be at the centre of a team and he'll make whichever side he joins better. Arsenal don't really need another Cazorla/Wilshere, we don't, United could do but he's not ideal for them, City could go for him as competition for Silva but I think Liverpool probably suit him best as a replacement for Gerrard and competition for the Brazilian guy whose name I can't remember at this moment and can't be bothered to google despite typing this explanation probably taking considerably more time to do.

Eriksen will just be the guy we could've got all those years ago....boo fricking hoo.

Just kidding. I like him as a player, but if I had to describe his style of play it would be 'like Oscar but not as good'.

He is actually more like Kaka really...Eriksen has those quality runs that is not part of Oscar's game.

Although, I totally agree with you, "not as good as Oscar".

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You