Christian Eriksen

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overhyped. Mata and Oscar are 20 times the player he is.

He has done excellent stuff in the Eredivisie. Your statement has no evidence. He is getting better and better every season.

What's with all the NO NO NO people ? He's incredibly talented, we'd be lucky if we get him :P

Hes not that good, hes been overhyped for years. He has certain qualities but he isn't amazing. Hes also a #10 not a #8 so hes a no no basically. Anyway Eriksen should of moved a year ago to a more competitive league, the Dutch league is a good league to develop talent but it can only take players so far in all honestly especially a kid billed with the talent and ability he is meant to have. I mean look at Suarez, he did well in Holland, scored over 100 goals and eventually moved to Liverpool, if he stayed in Holland he'd be able to play really average and probably still score for fun. He needs to play in a more competitive team and league to push himself to the best of his abilities. I don't think hes as great as he was made out to be a few years ago and I hope we don't get him as we have 4 better AM options; Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne.

Hes not that good, hes been overhyped for years. He has certain qualities but he isn't amazing. Hes also a #10 not a #8 so hes a no no basically. Anyway Eriksen should of moved a year ago to a more competitive league, the Dutch league is a good league to develop talent but it can only take players so far in all honestly especially a kid billed with the talent and ability he is meant to have. I mean look at Suarez, he did well in Holland, scored over 100 goals and eventually moved to Liverpool, if he stayed in Holland he'd be able to play really average and probably still score for fun. He needs to play in a more competitive team and league to push himself to the best of his abilities. I don't think hes as great as he was made out to be a few years ago and I hope we don't get him as we have 4 better AM options; Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne.

That was really harsh mate :P , even though I get your point. and yesh I believe we would have been better off, if we had bought him instead of oscar and before the bashing starts, I want to clear I really like oscar but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: and don't write him off now, I mean he'd prove himself when he'd have the chance :P

Edited by Backstreet09

That was really harsh mate :P , even though I get your point. and yesh I believe we would have been better off, if we had bought him instead of oscar and before the bashing starts, I want to clear I really like oscar but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: and don't write him off now, I mean he'd prove himself when he'd have the chance :P

He still has time, its just a matter of when does he move? This summer, next year? 3 years time? Hes got to make the jump before its too late or he'll just be known as that kid who ripped up the Dutch division but never had a crack anywhere else.

He still has time, its just a matter of when does he move? This summer, next year? 3 years time? Hes got to make the jump before its too late or he'll just be known as that kid who ripped up the Dutch division but never had a crack anywhere else.

Totally ! I'm sure he's looking at his options and there'd be a lot of clubs willing to pay huge chunk of money for his signature.

He has done excellent stuff in the Eredivisie. Your statement has no evidence. He is getting better and better every season.

Every single time I watched him, he has been invisible. Twice against my country he sucked. In Eredivisie , it's the same as Brazil. You have the space. Whereas in England you don't.Against United he was also nothing special. Neither was he against other teams I have seen. He has an eye yes. But he is no explosive.

in the one side,,i'm very happy to see another talented or wonderkid player for chelsea. but in the other side,,no more place for youngster like Chalobah or josh in the future....

Josh nor Nathaniel play in the same position that Eriksen does... Eriksen would be competing with our attacking midfielders. I don't see any place for him in our squad to be honest as he needs constant playing time to develop.

Every single time I watched him, he has been invisible. Twice against my country he sucked. In Eredivisie , it's the same as Brazil. You have the space. Whereas in England you don't.Against United he was also nothing special. Neither was he against other teams I have seen. He has an eye yes. But he is no explosive.

Seriously? Well maybe against your country he "sucked" but when Denmark played England a couple years ago and lost 2-1 he was the best player on the pitch. He dominated the game, had a brilliant left footed strike that hit the post and set up the goal too, he was outstanding for a player his age. He picked up rave reviews. You are judging him by a small minority of games. Look at most of his games he has played and most of it he stands out, regardless of league.

Mata was invisible against City and Juve, but does that mean we should say he is a bad player? No, because he is a quality player and no one is super man (bar messi :D)

You say he was nothing specially against United, however did you watch Ajax vs Man City this season? Ajax won 3-1. He was a step ahead of everyone. Best player from start to finish, and rounded the game off by scoring an excellent goal. If he performed against the English national team and performed against City, how can we say he will be a flop. Oscar is a different player. I do not know who is definitely better out of the two but Eriksen is a better dribbler and passer and his all round game is brilliant and is comfortable on both feet and as he gets older I think he has a future to develop into a future false no.9.

I like Oscar a lot but to say he is 20 times better than Eriksen is unfair especially when you have not seen Eriksen in the PL. What Eriksen has shown so far, he looks like he will be an excellent player.

We dont need him, we have like several players that are/prolly will be better than him in the positions he could play (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, KDB, McEachran, Piazon). As CAM or DLP which is doubtfull, he has been a 10 for ajax the whole time.

On top of that Eriksens devellopment stagnated 1/2 years back, it's unlikely he will become much better than he is now (or well perhaps he isn't motivated anymore in the eredivsie but that wouldn't be good either), his stats past 3 years kinda proves this (his play even more tho, he's quite inconsistent):

2010/2011: 8 goals, 13 assists (28 games)

2011/2012: 8 goals, 17 assists (33 games)

2012/2013: 10 goals, 15 assists (26 games)

This might seem impressive but the eredivisie is quite an attacking league + ajax typical linkup play makes sure everything passes him.

Van der vaart (ex ajax) & best one to compare him scored 17 and 21 goals for example at the same years.

Now we seem to be closing in on him tho, us and liverpool are, we reacted on liverpools interesse it seems, he does have only 1 year left on his contract so prolly cost 10-15M but still it seems like a waste of money + doubt it will make the likes of KDB/McEachran/Piazon happy if we were this shortsighted since it would show a total lack of confidence in them. If we get an AM he should be better than Mata/Oscar/Hazard in my opinion, good luck...

I think he has a future to develop into a future false no.9.

He doesn't score enough to be one, fischer is already better than him in that role. (i would much rather get him if we ever planned to play with a false 9, hazard/fischer would be great.)

You say he was nothing specially against United, however did you watch Ajax vs Man City this season? Ajax won 3-1. He was a step ahead of everyone. Best player from start to finish, and rounded the game off by scoring an excellent goal. If he performed against the English national team and performed against City, how can we say he will be a flop.

Was a lucky goal tho, and de jong was mom imo in those matches.

And those games were funny, Mancini even attempted playing 3-5-2 (for the first time, in CL...) because of their incompetence to cooperate with ajaxs 4-3-3 system.

These games are one of the nicest examples that good position play can triumph all, also their draw at home / win in san siro against ac milan in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUTMuI0hMd0

& vs ac milan (totally dominated them)

Seriously? Well maybe against your country he "sucked" but when Denmark played England a couple years ago and lost 2-1 he was the best player on the pitch. He dominated the game, had a brilliant left footed strike that hit the post and set up the goal too, he was outstanding for a player his age. He picked up rave reviews. You are judging him by a small minority of games. Look at most of his games he has played and most of it he stands out, regardless of league.

Mata was invisible against City and Juve, but does that mean we should say he is a bad player? No, because he is a quality player and no one is super man (bar messi :D)

You say he was nothing specially against United, however did you watch Ajax vs Man City this season? Ajax won 3-1. He was a step ahead of everyone. Best player from start to finish, and rounded the game off by scoring an excellent goal. If he performed against the English national team and performed against City, how can we say he will be a flop. Oscar is a different player. I do not know who is definitely better out of the two but Eriksen is a better dribbler and passer and his all round game is brilliant and is comfortable on both feet and as he gets older I think he has a future to develop into a future false no.9.

I like Oscar a lot but to say he is 20 times better than Eriksen is unfair especially when you have not seen Eriksen in the PL. What Eriksen has shown so far, he looks like he will be an excellent player.

Like your reply. Problem is, in my eyes , he is easily being picked up and left out by most defenders. Meaning he goes invisible. Plus he is easily replaceble. I can think of a couple of Attacking Midfielders that would be cheaper and fill his boots. Like I said tho, that's in my eyes, and I completely respect your opinion, but I still hope he does not join us.

Way way too inconsistent in his performances, would not want him to Chelsea and think there's many other leagues that would fit him better, yes he did well against City but I bet 11 trained monkeys could do well against City in CL. Also has yet to play an actual good match for the national team despite already having played 35 of them, ugh. Seems like defenders and midfielders can way too easily bully him out of games and you will seriously forget he's even in the matches.

As Spike says he also would offer nothing new and I don't think he's better than what is already at the club, not the kind of midfielder Chelsea is needing at all.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You