Christian Eriksen

What's the point of signing a 19 year old player when we have McEachran and Piazon around the same age and basically in the same position? It is already hard for Josh to get some chances to play...

Also, we rejected Christian 3 times...I doubt he would come now...

Hmm on the other hand...we should sign him though and have Christian and Islam (Feruz) in one team :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea is the last club young players would want to join at the moment. This kid is a pacy skillful young player, i don't think he can play as a CM though i think you have to accommodate him in a specific system which is not good unless you are a mid table side. Totti was like that too, i don't think there is a space for AMC anymore in big sides which is sad because we all like watching them. This kid either has to play as a winger or learn to be disciplined in midfield.

He is Barca type midfielder, but you really think Barca would be interested in him?

Barca are stacked at midfield, currently they have Xavi, Iniesta, Csec, Busquets, and Thiago. Thiago is the same age as Eriksen and arguably better.

In Barca B they have have a great group of incoming midfielders, with Rafa Alcantara and Sergi Roberto. Rafa is considered a better prospect then his older brother, which is saying a lot.

They don't need him immediately, no. But 4 or 5 years down the line, when Xavi's on his last legs and Iniesta isn't an automatic starter any longer, Fabregas/Thiago - Busquets - Eriksen has got a good ring to it.

Either way, I'm afraid one club he won't ever turn out for is us. Which is such a shame, great player. I only watch Ajax because of him.

• 8 months later...

Ajax have signed Adam Maher and are looking at the "possibility" of selling Eriksen this summer... Man Utd are believed to be in talks with him.... pity we don't need him now but he could of been a class addition for us last year.

Eriksen is a great talent with many potential, but isn't ready yet for a club like Chelsea. He had a decent season with good stats (19 assists, 7 goals) but his playing was very poor. It's obvious that he's a great talent, but with Mceahran and Piazon there is no place for him. Also he would cost around 20 million euros, quite expensive imo.

@Ryandavidson: Ajax haven't bought Maher yet. Ajax is interested in Maher, but he is also expensive (around 10 million). Maher is also a massive talent, maybe more than eriksen, but it's not sure if he's going to Ajax.

Ajax have signed Adam Maher and are looking at the "possibility" of selling Eriksen this summer... Man Utd are believed to be in talks with him.... pity we don't need him now but he could of been a class addition for us last year.

Woow, mate seriously it is not wise to always trust everything from the newspaper. This is an untrue rumour. Adam Maher is an AZ player and is not looking to leave at this moment of time and Eriksen has already confirmed he is staying at Ajax this season. I dont understand why newspapers like the Mirror are making this up but it is rubbish. Maher has not even been in negotiations with Ajax whilst Eriksen will be 100% staying this summer as he still has much to learn from Ajax, but yes Eriksen is a brilliant player

Woow, mate seriously it is not wise to always trust everything from the newspaper. This is an untrue rumour. Adam Maher is an AZ player and is not looking to leave at this moment of time and Eriksen has already confirmed he is staying at Ajax this season. I dont understand why newspapers like the Mirror are making this up but it is rubbish. Maher has not even been in negotiations with Ajax whilst Eriksen will be 100% staying this summer as he still has much to learn from Ajax, but yes Eriksen is a brilliant player

Well at least thats cleared up. Wasn't too sure but I heard a rumour about that Maher kid going to Ajax a few weeks ago...

• 6 months later...

Eriksen's dad was just bitter at the time and didn't blame just Chelsea but English clubs as a whole. He made the statement about his son shouldn't join when his son was a teenager, blaming lousy youth policies with bigger clubs. Christian on the other hand said last year, that he knew the big English clubs have a pressure to win every year and only look to buy players. He knew they were not going to throw a 17 year old in straight away. He has never said he won't play for Chelsea. He made the right decision to train and develop at Ajax.

I like Eriksen but he's best as an attacking central midfielder. There are a lot of very good, young attacking central midfielders but we have Mata, Oscar, Hazard, and KDB who are all capable of playing there (and it's probably the best position for all 4 of them). It's a position of absolutely zero need for us.

Hazard, Wilshere, Eriksen, Gotze, Isco, Pogba, El Shaarawy, Varane, Isco are the most exciting young players I think right now, but we realy dont need Eriksen, he is Cam and we are filled with that position.

Wanyama would be brilliant pick I think

-------Cech---------

Azpi-Terry-Luiz-Cole

--Mata-Wanyama-Kdb--

Moses-Cavani-Hazard

AND MOU AS COACH would be quite superb. Maybe a CB for backup but overall, this reminds me of best days with Mou.

I like Eriksen but he's best as an attacking central midfielder. There are a lot of very good, young attacking central midfielders but we have Mata, Oscar, Hazard, and KDB who are all capable of playing there (and it's probably the best position for all 4 of them). It's a position of absolutely zero need for us.

I understand that but in your opinion would you say Oscar and KDB are better than him though?

I understand that but in your opinion would you say Oscar and KDB are better than him though?

Maybe, maybe not but you can't buy young, talented players and then just buy other ones to play ahead of them. We simply don't need another #10 player. We're set. We have real needs on the team and we need to address those.

Maybe, maybe not but you can't buy young, talented players and then just buy other ones to play ahead of them. We simply don't need another #10 player. We're set. We have real needs on the team and we need to address those.

Yeah you're right I was being greedy because I like Eriksen a lot and envisioned him at Chelsea not Oscar at the time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You