Petr Cech

eldo

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

, Leif sounded quite strained in that post :)

haha re strained maybe.

Ive never been good at showing the good old English stiff upper lip alot and have been known to let my emotions rule me in a act 1st think after kinda way. But I'd never consider doing the letter thing. I think that shows more than a bit of cowardice.

I will always love Cech. Will never hate him even with him at Le Arse now. Even if we are in a final against them and he stops a Chelsea penalty. Man has done too much for us to hate him now.

That's the gooners' job. Hating the guts of the players who left them for other competitors and sing sick, vulgar songs about them. Van Persie, Nasri, Adebayor, Cole and even Fabregas who got rejected by Wenger and so ended up with us.

Arsenal fans should be mad at Wenger and their club for letting those guys leave for not showing more ambition. 

• 2 weeks later...

He's so average now and Mourinho saw it coming. He took ages to get back on feet to save the first goal. Mourinho wanted to replace Cech with Courtois already in the first season and he'd done that if loan agreement permitted. I simply don't get it when people suggested that Jose done this for the future, like he isn't the biggest cynic in world football who mastered short term gains. You have to give credit to Jose for spotting this massive decline ahead of the time as he has done similarly with Casillas. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

He's so average now and Mourinho saw it coming. He took ages to get back on feet to save the first goal. Mourinho wanted to replace Cech with Courtois already in the first season and he'd done that if loan agreement permitted. I simply don't get it when people suggested that Jose done this for the future, like he isn't the biggest cynic in world football who mastered short term gains. You have to give credit to Jose for spotting this massive decline ahead of the time as he has done similarly with Casillas. 

The change should have been made in 2012 in hindsight.

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Indeed. Cech is no Buffon who is still great at this age. Cech has gone the Casillas way and yes, thanks to Mourinho for sorting that out. 

Congrats and respect on an excellent mission undercover agent Cech. We thank you for your contributions against enemies under great pressure to blow your cover.

I see old vinegar tits is probably benching him for their Hull game!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/28/2017 at 5:04 PM, Abreu03 said:

Petr Cech has conceded 30 goals vs Liverpool.

16 while at Chelsea for 11 seasons.

14 while at Arsenal for 3 seasons!

Petr Cech has conceded more goals in 3 years at Arsenal than he did in his 11 years at Chelsea.

Don't be surprised if he sue Chelsea for accepting bid from Arsenal :D

2 minutes ago, termninja said:

What do you think of taking Cech back as a backup GK in 2-3 years? :)

No, we are heading a new era and should have a clean break from the old guard (as players). Furthermore at the rate he's declining he probably won't be good enough even as back up by then.

Just now, Tomo said:

No, we are heading a new era and should have a clean break from the old guard (as players). Furthermore at the rate he's declining he probably won't be good enough even as back up by then.

I must say I am surprised by your answer but fair enough. I would like to have Cech back at the club, even as 3rd GK. His experience and good spirit are always good to have in the squad.