Petr Cech

eldo

Pete was pretty awful yesterday against LFC. Not that I really mind, hope he's gonna be a lot more in the season for those pesky gooners.

I don't like Arsenal. At some times, I even dislike them more than Tottenham. I don't like them because of their deluded fans like those idiotic clowns on Arsenal Fan TV. Then you have that Wenger. Absolutely no ambition and unable to keep his players motivated. Only good achievement he got is The Invincibles but even with that his credit has gone down long time ago.

But I don't care. 6 points per season for us lol.

Anyway, just hate to see one of our legends donning an Arsenal (goalie) shirt. Cech's just there because he didn't want to leave the country and the city. And well, because Le Arse is still a somewhat bigger club in the UK. As for that, I don't think he gives one ounce of fuck for Arsenal or Arsene Wenger. He's just there because Chelsea ditched him.

Love the guy but hope he has one god awful season like Thibaut last year. That also counts for the rest of that god awful club.

• 1 month later...

10 years ago Today - 14 October 2006

Chelsea vs Reading. The day P. Cech nearly died due to head knock/concussion. 

Petr Cech sustained a fractured skull 10 years ago in collision with Stephen Hunt... a look back at horror incident which changed the goalkeeper's life 

• Stephen Hunt clashed with Petr Cech during Reading's game with Chelsea
  • Incident came just 20 seconds into top-flight match on October 14, 2006
  • Hunt's boot caught Cech on the head when he went to collect the ball
  • Blues keeper Cech, then 24, suffered a depressed fracture of the skull
  • Jose Mourinho strongly critical of Hunt, Reading and Ambulance Service 

By MATT MALTBY FOR MAILONLINE 

PUBLISHED: 22:49 +11:00, 14 October 2016 | UPDATED: 23:24 +11:00, 14 October 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3838113/Petr-Cech-sustained-fractured-skull-10-years-ago-collision-Stephen-Hunt-look-incident-changed-goalkeeper-s-life.html

• 2 weeks later...

An interview with Petr about the injury from Reading, 10 years ago

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10635543/petr-cech-on-brush-with-death-at-reading-it-was-a-very-close-call

The decisions of Bryan and the medical staff and the proximity of Oxford - that's the combination that gave me a chance.

Absolute legend, not one doubt.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Love Cech but haha left the champions to a 4th place team.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hes getting played every week which is what he wanted.

Yeah true but he could be playing in the FA Cups / Europe and a good pay package and trophies :D he would have had time when Courtois was having a bad period too. Conte doesn't mind taking risks.

5 minutes ago, MichaelDance said:

Yeah true but he could be playing in the FA Cups / Europe and a good pay package and trophies :D he would have had time when Courtois was having a bad period too. Conte doesn't mind taking risks.

I do hear ya mate.

But Conte wasn't even a thought back then. Mou was even doing tricks we hadn't seen 20 times before.

It was the club that made his decision for him. He obviously had a chat with management about his future and told what he didn't like hearing.

Put yourself in his shoes. Been our number 1 for ages after replacing another long standing keeper.He had been our hero, worshipped by all Blues everywhere. Then this new young kid turns up. He tried to stand his ground as long as poss but Mou kept giving him less time. I know I would be pissed off.

He obviously had more in his engine and heart to give and wanted to go out playing regularly.

Only thing that pissed me off is he ended up with a bunch of wankers.

It was worse than seeing Lamps in that shitty blue shirt cause Lamps didn't leave us to join shitty, he had them thrust on him.

See, when a player like Lampard moves on, it's when he's at the bottom of his career, he's on the bench, and thus he wants to at least enjoy his last couple years of legs playing as much as possible.

But Cech? He decided, at the very top of his game, that he wasn't going to compete for his spot. Yes, he's a smart enough guy to know that when we splash cash on a youngster, they're usually gauranteed to start regardless of merit, but he didn't even try. He really could have displaced Courtois, and we would've just loaned the latter out again or sold him, either way we'd make no loss.

To me it's quite a bit more unloyal to move to a rival club when you know you're still at your best, nevermind a more longstanding rival. You want to enjoy your twilight years at a rival club, that's just so wrong. I said this at the time and I'll say it again - Why not Crystal Palace? Why not Fulham who're probably a 45 minute walk from his house? Was he afraid Crystal Palace would get relegated, thus confining him to lower league clubs if he wants to remain in London?

Regardless, it's not on. He's one of our greatest and most important ever, most loved and most respected deservedly, but, our other 'traitors' and future ones too deserve far less critisism if we can barely lay any onto Cech.

Do you think Barcelona fans would be happy if Messi moved to Real Madrid in 3 years because 'he doesn't want to leave Spain, wants to still play weekly at a top club'? Their fanbase would be split 50/50 on him. 

What if Totti leaves Roma this season for... Lazio? You think Roma fans will say 'he deserves to stay in Rome, let's respect him.'? Nope. And we're no better for being different.

4 hours ago, Leif said:

Yes, he's a smart enough guy to know that when we splash cash on a youngster, they're usually gauranteed to start regardless of merit, but he didn't even try. He really could have displaced Courtois, and we would've just loaned the latter out again or sold him, either way we'd make no loss.

To me it's quite a bit more unloyal to move to a rival club when you know you're still at your best, nevermind a more longstanding rival. You want to enjoy your twilight years at a rival club, that's just so wrong. I said this at the time and I'll say it again - Why not Crystal Palace? Why not Fulham who're probably a 45 minute walk from his house? Was he afraid Crystal Palace would get relegated, thus confining him to lower league clubs if he wants to remain in London?

First paragraph is nonsense. Splashed the cash? We bought Courtois for a reported fee of whopping 9 million euros. They are guaranteed starts regardless of merit? Lukaku, De Bruyne, Baba, Batshuayi and the list goes on. You're talking bullshit once again. There were reasons why Mourinho chose Courtois - because he's a lot younger and quality wise who was better was debatable. Mou clearly let it be known that Tibo was the future. At that time Cech didn't know Mourinho was gonna get canned, but Petr probably knows Jose well enough to know that once the boss makes a choice, he sticks to it. So he got out of the way.

Second paragraph is easy: your Crystal Palaces and Fulhams cannot afford his salary. Nor can they compete for grand prizes, you can argue Arsenal cannot either, but they have a lot better chance. This whole argument is stupid and based on the assumption that his only criterion was staying in London, but you cannot expect a person to give up some of his well-being and ambitions in career for locality and made-up loyalty.

Regarding the last paragraph about Totti and Messi, then you are comparing completely different footballing and club cultures. I for one applaud our fans for being rational in this case, hating someone because of their career choices when it doesn't impact you is irrational. Being respectful towards a player who brought success and gave so much to a club you love is better and by definition that makes us better.

20 minutes ago, manpe said:

hating someone because of their career choices when it doesn't impact you is irrational.

Oh man, Its all well and good saying that but not so easy to do.

Youre tallking about emotions now and they run deep.

When you have followed a team for decades and seen these players every week and followed what they do on sites like this then you get some sort of attachment to them and rightly or wrongly you feel like you know them,

So when they change clubs to one that you have grown up truly hating then yoiu cant help but feel let down. It might begin as a kneejerk reaction with you calling him every name under the sun and it might last awhhile. Some might always feel that way. Others oif us have the rational button click on along the way and you weigh the pros and cons. But we cant judge us all in the same way and I understand how some still look at Lamps,Petr with a bad taste in their mouths.

Took me awhile before my eyes syopped stinging every time I saw Lamps in Shitty blue. But then I realized players mainly see football as just a job and dont get as emotionally attached as supporters. They change jobs every few years and just like us they have good/bad memories of old compnies/workmates. Its just us sad git supporters that stay with one team our whole lives through good and bad times.

54 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Oh man, Its all well and good saying that but not so easy to do.

Youre tallking about emotions now and they run deep.

When you have followed a team for decades and seen these players every week and followed what they do on sites like this then you get some sort of attachment to them and rightly or wrongly you feel like you know them,

So when they change clubs to one that you have grown up truly hating then yoiu cant help but feel let down. It might begin as a kneejerk reaction with you calling him every name under the sun and it might last awhhile. Some might always feel that way. Others oif us have the rational button click on along the way and you weigh the pros and cons. But we cant judge us all in the same way and I understand how some still look at Lamps,Petr with a bad taste in their mouths.

Took me awhile before my eyes syopped stinging every time I saw Lamps in Shitty blue. But then I realized players mainly see football as just a job and dont get as emotionally attached as supporters. They change jobs every few years and just like us they have good/bad memories of old compnies/workmates. Its just us sad git supporters that stay with one team our whole lives through good and bad times.

I understand that very well, but rationality has very little to do with emotions. In fact women are often considered irrational because of their over-emotional behaviour. So what I stated was not false, what you stated was not false either. We as human beings need to take emotions into consideration of course, but to go as far as hating somebody because of this, sending death threats and whatnot (what I assume Spanish and Italian fans could do in such instances) is beyond irrational. It's time to take some pride in not being too emotional, a pinch of "don't give a fuck" attitude goes a long way in achieving internal peace, Leif sounded quite strained in that post :)