Turkish Airlines rumoured to replace Samsung

Waterfall

This is all slightly depressing. I'm really hoping that either someone at Turkish Airlines was having a laugh or (preferably) the £25M report is low, and it's more like £30-£35M.

Worst case scenario and we can't get any more than £25M and it has to come from Turkish Airlines then i'm just hoping for a short (2-3 year) contract length.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says we're potentially looking for sponsors for the training kit, Cobham and possibly Stamford Bridge too. If thats true we should be looking for £40m and upwards.

Im not one for sentimental heart over whats best for the club and that but I would draw the line at renaming Stamford Bridge, some lines you just don't cross.

Im not one for sentimental heart over whats best for the club and that but I would draw the line at renaming Stamford Bridge, some lines you just don't cross.

It makes sense for 'new' stadiums, but not old ones.. 'Stamford Bridge' is an extension of the Chelsea brand, so it's like renaming the club.

It makes sense for 'new' stadiums, but not old ones.. 'Stamford Bridge' is an extension of the Chelsea brand, so it's like renaming the club.

Well Santiago Bernabeu a historic stadium is under consideration to have a sponsored have their name.

Well Santiago Bernabeu a historic stadium is under consideration to have a sponsored have their name.

Under consideration?, I doubt they will rename it completely.. just put a sponsors name in front of it (i.e.. Pepsi presents.. the bernabeu stadium), still bad though.

Under consideration?, I doubt they will rename it completely.. just put a sponsors name in front of it (i.e.. Pepsi presents.. the bernabeu stadium), still bad though.

Abhu dahbi Santiago bernabue for 500 million in a period of 20 years.

From Spanish marca.

http://www.marca.com/2014/09/21/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1411257011.html

Rightly so. Imagine Turkish Arena- Home of Chelsea FC from England. Ew

But I'd be okay if Samsung build us a new stadium and names it after their brand (like Galaxy or something). There's something about the name Turkish Airlines that is not pleasing to me.

Rightly so. Imagine Turkish Arena- Home of Chelsea FC from England. Ew

But I'd be okay if Samsung build us a new stadium and namef it after their brand (like Galaxy or something). There's something about the name Turkish Airlines that is not pleasing to me.

Galaxy Arena sounds nice.

Abhu dahbi Santiago bernabue for 500 million in a period of 20 years.

From Spanish marca.

http://www.marca.com/2014/09/21/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1411257011.html

Doubt Madrid will add the name of a far away place to their precious Bernabeu for just 25m a year. That's something soulless teams like Arsenal or City will do, not Madrid.

Doubt Madrid will add the name of a far away place to their precious Bernabeu for just 25m a year. That's something soulless teams like Arsenal or City will do, not Madrid.

500m.. not 25m. That 500m would cover the entire cost of entirely renovating the Santiago Bernabeu, which they're planning to do.

Turkish Airlines will Replace Samsung as Chelsea Sponsor

http://gamehasjustbegun.com/2014/10/the-blues-turkish-airlines-sponsorship-all-you-need-to-know/7020

:cry::cry::cry: Won't buy any Chelsea kits then

Why? Are a Samsung or Chelsea fan?

Personally, I buy the shirts for the lion on chest not the ad on it.

Of course we can all have opinions on what looks better and what each likes more, but to stop buying shirts because of a change in sponsor is completely missing the whole point why we buy shirts in the first place: Chelsea.

Of course we can all have opinions on what looks better and what each likes more, but to stop buying shirts because of a change in sponsor is completely missing the whole point why we buy shirts in the first place: Chelsea.

you can buy plenty of chelsea clothes , that have no sponsor. i haven't brought a shirt since 2010

Nobody would ever call it the Turkish Airlines Stadium or anything like that. Who ever called St James Park - Sports Direct Stadium or whatever their owner changed it too a few years ago? Everybody still called it St James Park. The same with The Bridge. Fans up and down the country and all over the world will call it Stamford Bridge. Like the article said, it would only work if moving stadiums like Arsenal to The Emirates. Renaming Stamford Bridge after 150 years of its existence will not work.

The "Turkish Airlines" brand just looks and sounds bad to me. Of course I dont purchase Chelsea shirts for the Samsung brand but if i'm going to spend money on something I'll be wearing I don't feel like compromising on the look or feel of it.

The "Turkish Airlines" brand just looks and sounds bad to me. Of course I dont purchase Chelsea shirts for the Samsung brand but if i'm going to spend money on something I'll be wearing I don't feel like compromising on the look or feel of it.

Why in the world does "Turkish Airlines" look or sound worse than "Samsung"? At least it's in English. Samsung is a Korean family name ffs! :lol:

And if you don't want to buy it because there is something other than "Samsung" written on it then you kinda are right now buying it for Samsung and not the color and badge.

I totally get it if the kit comes and out and you don't want to buy it because you think it looks bad. But to take a stance against Turkish Airlines on principle alone before even seeing the kit is ridiculous.

For me, it's very simple. People are scared of change and hence come up with all sorts of silly reasons to appose it. I don't want to see Samsung changed either, I feel it belongs on our shirts. But I realize that I will eventually get used to Turkish Airlines just like I got used to Samsung. And I'll keep buying the shirts for Chelsea.