Loïc Rémy

SeB

GK I agree. However, City play attacking football, which exposes their backline. Chelsea plays a very conservative game, however, not so much last saturday. It wasnt a long time ago that Nastaslic was viewed as the best young CB in the world and the fact they got mangala as well. So, essentially your comparing jt, cahill, zouma and i guess ivan vs kompany, mangala, demichelis and nastaslic.

Cesc is not a better playmaker than Silva. Cesc long ball is better and his goal scoring ability, but Silva moves better, has better short passing ability and dribbles/shields the ball a lot better. People underate Nasri these days. Nasri is as good as any am in the epl.

Yaya, when he cares is head and shoulder better than any cm. Fernando has played very well for City so far and is really pushing Matic as the best DM in the league, even though one can argue that Fernando is more of a dm than matic is.

Aguero, when fit is superior to anyone besides RVP.

CIty and Chelsea have the best overall squads, however, I think the breaking points this season will all be on Joe Hart...

We're moving away from too conservative. Our games against Leicester, Burnley and Everton last week proves that - there is now a lot more emphasis on our scoring the opponent. Whilst City are definitely the more attacking side; from our end we've stepped up the attacking nous - thus making our side a very balanced team. Mourinho is trying to develop a perfectly balanced system - not too attacking, not too defensive, and the early signs are that it's going to work nicely. So far we've actually been one of the most entertaining sides in the league. We've scored the most goals.

As for the rest of your comparisons, I don't necessarily disagree hugely with any of them. My initial point was just to suggest that it seems like you're overrating City's squad a bit but that was fair.

We're moving away from too conservative. Our games against Leicester, Burnley and Everton last week proves that - there is now a lot more emphasis on our scoring the opponent. Whilst City are definitely the more attacking side; from our end we've stepped up the attacking nous - thus making our side a very balanced team. Mourinho is trying to develop a perfectly balanced system - not too attacking, not too defensive, and the early signs are that it's going to work nicely. So far we've actually been one of the most entertaining sides in the league. We've scored the most goals.

As for the rest of your comparisons, I don't necessarily disagree hugely with any of them. My initial point was just to suggest that it seems like you're overrating City's squad a bit but that was fair.

Chelsea played against the 16th, 17th and 20th place team in the epl....Even against Everton, everton just bombed forward and gamble too much, dont think it was chelsea playing non conservatively. However, in the next few weeks we shall have a better assessment.

I think Remy is the best with what was available.

If Torres left at the start of the summer do I think we would have brought him in still? No, we would have gotten a player with a higher ceiling. But Remy will do, I just hope he fits in.

He can't hold up the ball, which is essentially and category of link up play anyway, but is very good when running at the back line with it without the ball. He will certainly get loads of time which is why I don't buy this none sense that a second striker in a one striker system has to be 'lesser' than the first choice. We will play 60 games. A fully fit Costs will not play 60, more likely start around 45. That's 15 starts off the bat. And what about substitution appearances? You think of those 45 Costs will play the full 90? Not with the energy he uses the press like he does How many 10-15 minutes will the second choice get?

Then there is the reality Costa will pick up injuries regardless of how niggling and suspensions too with the way he gets yellow cards. How many more appearances is that? 20 starts plus and extra 15 subs? That's appearing in almost every game in the league. That's why a quality second striker is important and why I think Remy will do a job until a better option comes along. He will probably be content with wages as he slips to third choice once drogba retires.

A good addition. Not great nor terrible and will help with the load but can't see any great involvement from him past this year

Our defence is definitely better than City's not even debatable IMO. The overrating of the City team is crazy.

Courtois and Cech are both much better than Hart.

Azpi & Ivanovic are at least both on Zabaleta's level, if not better.

JT/Cahill/Ivanovic combo is better than any combo City can put together IMO. Even though individually Kompany is better, as a pairing our CBs are stronger.

Kolarov might be a fantastic attacking left back but as an all round left back he's distinctively average. Filipe Luis is better, not debatable.

You say City have the best playmaker in the PL? I disagree. Cesc is the best playmaker in the PL in my opinion, Silva is quality but just behind him. Our Matic is better than any DM City have. He would start over both Fernandinho and Fernando if City had him. They do have the best CM in the PL in Yaya however, but he's closely followed by our Cesc IMO.

Give me Hazard over any wide player City (or players that play wide) have (Nasri, Navas).

Up front they have a distinct advantage, but then again Costa would start for them alongside Aguero IMO.

Regarding depth however, it's the over way around IMO. They slightly have more quality on the bench and in their team in general.

As I said before. You're overrating City's first team XI.

Us v. Citeh will be a piece of cake, then?

Our defence is definitely better than City's not even debatable IMO. The overrating of the City team is crazy.

Courtois and Cech are both much better than Hart.

Azpi & Ivanovic are at least both on Zabaleta's level, if not better.

JT/Cahill/Ivanovic combo is better than any combo City can put together IMO. Even though individually Kompany is better, as a pairing our CBs are stronger.

Kolarov might be a fantastic attacking left back but as an all round left back he's distinctively average. Filipe Luis is better, not debatable.

You say City have the best playmaker in the PL? I disagree. Cesc is the best playmaker in the PL in my opinion, Silva is quality but just behind him. Our Matic is better than any DM City have. He would start over both Fernandinho and Fernando if City had him. They do have the best CM in the PL in Yaya however, but he's closely followed by our Cesc IMO.

Give me Hazard over any wide player City (or players that play wide) have (Nasri, Navas).

Up front they have a distinct advantage, but then again Costa would start for them alongside Aguero IMO.

Regarding depth however, it's the over way around IMO. They slightly have more quality on the bench and in their team in general.

As I said before. You're overrating City's first team XI.

But having an individual(s) that are better as an individual than the city team means diddly. Kolorov, Zabaleta, fernandinho, Nasri may not be the best of the best (though they are quality) but the fit perfectly to allow the WC players to do their thing. Toure needs Fernandi. Nasri and Silvs need Zabaleta and Kolorov. They fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. I wonder, how well does Hazard and Dave fair as a duo for the left side compared to Kolorov and Nasri? How about Toure and Fernando to Cesc and Matic?

But having an individual(s) that are better as an individual than the city team means diddly. Kolorov, Zabaleta, fernandinho, Nasri may not be the best of the best (though they are quality) but the fit perfectly to allow the WC players to do their thing. Toure needs Fernandi. Nasri and Silvs need Zabaleta and Kolorov. They fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. I wonder, how well does Hazard and Dave fair as a duo for the left side compared to Kolorov and Nasri? How about Toure and Fernando to Cesc and Matic?

I fully understand that and nothing I said there contradicts that. I believe Filipe Luis and Hazard pairing, once fully accustomed and comfortable, will be the best left handed partnership in the league.

Matic + Fabregas is just as new as Yaya + Fernando so we can't say either is better yet at all.

Our best XI and potential system is just as wonderfully balanced as City's is, hence why I took it down to individual players.

I'm not necessarily saying we definitely have the better team - I'm merely stating that whilst City have a great team with some great individuals - so do we. Costa, Fabregas and Luis (once fully integrated) were the missing pieces of our jigsaw. Our engine room (Oscar, Fabregas, Matic), once fully accustomed, will be one of the best in the world. That potential left handed partnership between Hazard and Luis will be brilliant too. Schurrle will benefit from Costa's presence up front - he'll have even more space to make his intelligent runs where Fabregas will be able to pick him out from deep. Remy off the bench when the game opens up against tired legs and he has space to run in behind... There's many combinations and options we have now.

Our jigsaw is just as beautiful as City's is IMO.

I'm excited by this signing, think he'll surprise a few people. When we need to rest a few key players like Cesc, Costa, Terry and Hazard this team will be deadly on the counter.

Azpi - Cahill - Zouma - Luis

Ramires - Matic

Salah - Willian - Schurrle

Remy

From the defence, Zouma, Azpi and Luis to the Striker Remy, that team is filled with pace, it's ridiculous. The workrate, pressing and counter attacks will be something to watch :lol:

Remember when Harry was linked with us? Think it was after Robbie left.

Just imagine that. We'd probably have gone the Galactico route like United just did with him in charge. :lol:

Do like his personality, though.