Werder Bremen 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

2. 2. MOTM among the subs?

This is sort of a negative way to think this. Why throw away the things he has to offer as no8 simply because there is a much minor possibility of a misplaced pass.

Again, not worth it imo, and obviously i am not saying we should go Matic-Fab all the games. Some games vs top teams might require Ramires there, but the majority should be simply Matic -Fab.

I don't think it's a minor possibility. Every player can miss a pass. A 4-3-3 works best with the guys we have now is the main draw.

It seems we are using a formation for a squad we don't have any more.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was lukaku playing instead of torres on the wing and those chances fell to him, i can bet anything that he would have scored.

You will probably lose everything then. Seriously, this is a match thread isn't it? Can we judge a player purely based on this match's performance? Torres did ok today, we all know he's been shit as his whole Chelsea career but today, he's doing ok, period. And no, Lukaku wouldn't score those chances by default, even Messi wouldn't.

we haven't kept a clean sheet since the first game despite playing with a very good back 5 most of the time

I have been thinking of this also, but some of the goals have come from sloppy tired defending that can be forgiven in preseason.

I don't get why people are complaining a lot about Cesc either.

The first 20 minutes or so he misplaced some passes, but again he's been training for a couple of weeks, we can certainly cut him some slack.

Then I see the lack of pace argument, but he wasn't at fault in the attacks against us. Matic and van Ginkel didn't work well in the first half. It wasn't clear who was the #5 and #8 and they seemed to alternate between that - a major mistake imo, a pivot should have the positions well defined and absolutely NO interchange, except maybe which side each is playing, but who's the #5 and who's the #8 should be unchangeable throughout the match. As a consequence there was a lot of space between our lines - both the defensive and the offensive regarding the midfield. That's where we lost the game tactically (the result was a mere consequence).

Cesc ran almost as fast as Eden (I'll concede Eden wasn't at his best pace yet, which is expected and understandable) to that shot he chipped over the goalie. While it wasn't Usain Bolt sprint, it was far from slow. If I'm to fault his display today would have been for some passes - most of them at the beginning of the match. his supposed lack of pace (emphasis on supposed) didn't affect us where we had problems. He didn't have a top presentation, but he's one of the last I'd blame for the mess we were. I'm not denying he isn't fast, but I think you guys are overestimating his weaknesses - maybe in a way we're overestimating his strengths, but questioning his signing is too much. Suggesting other pivot players is too much. For the first time in many years we have a good depth in all possible pivot positions. The moan is not reasonable, especially over a pre-season match.

Didn't watched the game, to be honest this pre-season was doomed. With Oscar, William, Schurle, Hazard and Ramires out on vacation for the most part of the pre-season, that really hard to implement new ideas, or to to create any kind of chemistry.

Because of your awesome post Henrique I'm like:

i_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364

That should work the other way as well, in terms of World class players and manager at Chelsea who should have done better.

The dip of form is very understandable after the World Cup, less rest, less time to regain fitness, less time to gel with teammates, etc. The current defending champion of the Champions League is losing 3 matches in streak, just saying.

You will probably lose everything then. Seriously, this is a match thread isn't it? Can we judge a player purely based on this match's performance? Torres did ok today, we all know he's been shit as his whole Chelsea career but today, he's doing ok, period. And no, Lukaku wouldn't score those chances by default, even Messi wouldn't.

I could not bring myself to read after "torres did okay today".

Can't be having an argument with someone who thinks that.

I could not bring myself to read after "torres did okay today".

Can't be having an argument with someone who thinks that.

The whole team was poor, I failed to see Costa was any better in terms of goal threat. Well never mind, I knew your reaction anyway.