Werder Bremen 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

2. 2. MOTM among the subs?

My thoughts exactly, think he is more suited to play in a 4-3-3.

That is the only way forward I see with him in central midfield.

A team built around Fabregas will have to shift to that formation. 4-2-3-1 will have to have him in the 3 unless you assign someone like Willian/Oscar or Ramires to be his shadow.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-season is pre-season, I'd rather lose 3-0 to Bremen in a pre-season match than win every game comfortably then see us get beat 3-0 by someone of a similar level in the PL because pre-season was a doddle and didn't challenge any players or whatever.

Hilarious how defensive people are getting with the sarcastic 'Sack Jose', 'AVB won all these games, bring him in!' remarks when the other side is merely providing valid concerns while acknowledging that nobody gives a fuck about the score.

I hope Jose sees his that way as he's already blaming the referee (s). To him we lost because of some defensive lapses and refereeing decisions and not because we played like dog poo.

you are just too positive ,, we were much WORSE than dog poo

Seriously, it is strange no one mentioned, I think the only one that I have to criticize for his performance is Schurrle. He is invisible today and nowhere to be seen on the pitch. We must sell him as soon as possible.

I didn't say Atletico were a bigger club lol. But at least it was a rather interesting team, and a good choice for Villa who knew he wasn't going to get a better offer than that or the Barca bench. He thought playing time was more important than sitting on the bench at a club that didn't want him anymore.

I can't even bother to argue with you about the rest, you are truly one of the most clueless posters I have ever come across on a football forum and that says a lot, your posts are an endless stream of diarrhea. On the ignore list you go.

this is coming from a guy who thought that selling torres at a cut price is playing FIFA. :lol:

just to be sure, torres is STILL one of the most popular players in the world. for most of the world, chelsea is the bad guy while torres is still a good striker. at the end of the last season, villa was hopelessly out of form, just came back from an injury. so u know, dont be so clueless. just use that mind-thing once in a while.

this is coming from a guy who thought that selling torres at a cut price is playing FIFA. :lol:

just to be sure, torres is STILL one of the most popular players in the world. for most of the world, chelsea is the bad guy while torres is still a good striker. at the end of the last season, villa was hopelessly out of form, just came back from an injury. so u know, dont be so clueless. just use that mind-thing once in a while.

:noexpression:

I didnt say that lol

Window is still open. Juventus themselves have said that if Vidal asks to leave they'd let him. Should be easy for José to convince him with the squad we have already and the potential we have to compete for everything.

We can play a 4-3-3 with Vidal/Matic/Fabregas. Unstoppable.

We probably already had plenty of cash left to spend before we sold Lukaku and now we just received a further £28m. Throw a pile of cash at Juventus. We wouldn't have to worry about Cesc getting caught defensively with his lack of pace and it would lessen his responsibility getting back. It frees Cesc up to do what he does best. Then Vidal himself chips in with plenty of goals and is a pitbull defensively just like Matic and wins plenty of tackles.

He'd take our side to the next level.

I dont care about result but we played with no direction or creativity. Give some spark and life to our attack and it will be much better.

Dont forget this is season where we are supposed to win at least one major title.

Window is still open. Juventus themselves have said that if Vidal asks to leave they'd let him. Should be easy for José to convince him with the squad we have already and the potential we have to compete for everything.

We can play a 4-3-3 with Vidal/Matic/Fabregas. Unstoppable.

We probably already had plenty of cash left to spend before we sold Lukaku and now we just received a further £28m. Throw a pile of cash at Juventus. We wouldn't have to worry about Cesc getting caught defensively with his lack of pace and it would lessen his responsibility getting back. It frees Cesc up to do what he does best.

While that would be amazing, it isnt even really that needed. We dont need another world claqss midfielder next to Fabregas. We just need somebody with pace who can be there is the ball is given up to close down the lanes so we are not wide open when Fabregas makes a mistake. In the pivot there is no room for that with a slow guy taking risks. We have fullbacks who bomb forward, so Matic isnt going to be right next to him working as a safety valve if the pass goes wrong as he will have to close down the lanes left by them.

That is one place where I see we would be really vulnerable. If Fabregas is at the 10 then it isnt such a big issue as there would be more protection in front of the defense, but right in front of them he does not have that same protection.